—Джайро смеётся, демонстрируя свои зубные грили; SBR: Глава 1
Джайро Цеппели(яп. ジャイロ・ツェペリ Jairo Tseperi); настоящее имя Джулиус Цезарь Цеппели(ユーリウス・カイザー・ツェペリ Yūriusu Kaizā Tseperi) — является дейтерагонистом седьмой части манги Невероятных приключений ДжоДжо: Гонка «Стальной Шар».
Джайро - мастер спина, родом из Неаполитанского королевства. Он присоединяется к гонке «Стального Шара», чтобы выиграть амнистию для Марко, ребенка, которого ему поручено казнить. Его мастерство спина позже позволяет ему пробудить стенд - Ball Breaker.
Джайро - человек среднего или выше среднего роста и спортивного телосложения. У него длинные волосы до середины спины, зеленые глаза, квадратные участки бороды на лице, покрывающие его челюсть, густые темные брови (на иллюстрациях), и зеленые губы. Он носит золотое зубные грили с надписью «GO! GO! ZEPPELI».
Обычно он одет в темную рубашку с коротким рукавом, украшенную множеством шарообразных элементов, светлый длинный плащ, темные кожаные штаны и ковбойские сапоги. На нем одет пояс с пряжкой, на которой изображена пара рук, указывающие на его пах, и на его бедрах расположены пара специальных кобур для его стальных шаров. Он носит широкополую шляпу, с прорезями на кроне и краях. Вокруг кроны его шляпы находятся пара защитных очков с длинными прорезями. В зависимости от погоды он может носить свои очки, как дополнение к шарфу.
Глаза: Зеленые Волосы: Блондин
Глаза: Голубые Волосы: Блондин
Глаза: Голубые Волосы: Зеленые
|“||Говна поешь, мудила! С лошади свались!||”|
Джайро - дерзкий и яркий человек, участвующий в гонке «Стального Шара» ради спасения молодого мальчика по имени Марко.
Джайро первоначально проявляет себя как дерзкий и агрессивный участник гонки. В отличие от других участников, Джайро агрессивно захватывает первое место, вырываясь впереди всех, а затем отбиваясь от всех, кто бросает ему вызов. Джайро - грубый человек, высмеивающий подавляющее большинство тех, кого он встречает. Даже со своим самым близким другом Джонни Джостаром, Джайро не смягчает своих слов и часто спорит с ним. Более того, Джонни произвел неизгладимое впечатление на Джайро только из-за своего упрямства, и иначе смотрел на него во время их первой встречи. Единственный человек, к которому Джайро относился с великим уважением, - это его суровый отец Григорио Цеппели. Дерзость и грубость Джайро - частое явление в боях, во время которых Джайро склонен издеваться над своими врагами. Например, он открыто смеялся над «нелепой» шляпой Маунтен Тима. Джайро особенно гордится своим мастерством спина, семейной техникой, включающей вращение и бросание стальных шаров с различными эффектами, и воспринимает спин, как вершину человеческого мастерства. Эта гордость оправдывается тем, что спин был способен одолеть (казалось бы) непобедимый стенд Фанни Валентайна - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap: Love Train. Тем не менее, как наставник, он, казалось, был несколько озадачен обучением Джонни основам спина, и знакомил его с Золотым Прямоугольником только тогда, когда им угрожал новый враг.
Как палач и в остальном противостоящий человек, Джайро не боится применять насилие даже со смертельным исходом. Однако, Джайро не настолько безжалостен, как Джонни, и изначально не стремится убивать своих врагов, если считает это ненужным. Примечательно, что Джайро пытался отговорить вора от дуэли с ним и использовал свои стальные шары только для того, чтобы он сам застрелился, если решит вытащить пистолет.
Тем не менее, Джайро обладает чувством альтруизма и любит помогать всем, кто нуждается в его помощи, в частности, паралитику Джонни, которого он обучил технике спина и помог приобрести части Святого трупа, или например Марко, беспомощному ребенку, смертный приговор которого Джайро пытается обжаловать, выиграв гонку. Джайро часто сталкивался с альтернативной точкой зрения своего отца , который не одобряет проявления сентиментальности в жизни.
На раннем этапе гонки Джонни сказал, что у Джайро нет решимости, необходимых для достижения цели. Жокей утверждал, что, поскольку Джайро вырос богатой и обеспеченной семье, у него нет такого "эгоистичного голода", которое присутствует у тех, кто вырос в страданиях, а этот "голод" был очень важен в гонке. Джайро поначалу боролся с альтруистической заботой к Марко, и в первую очередь полагался на уловки, чтобы победить в гонке. Во время своей битвы с Ринго Родэгейном он согнул свои первоначальные мотивы в более личную цель, в путь, чтобы лично убедиться, заслуживал ли Марко казни и кто именно является истинной личностью трупа. После этого Джайро переключился с дерзкого поведения, на более серьезное, чтобы сосредоточится на битвах.
Вне боя Джайро достаточно эксцентричен и особенно ярок. У Джайро есть чувство юмора, связанное с "хреновыми" приколами, которые часто бросают вызов логике. Например, он под влиянием момента придумывает и поёт Джонни "Сырную песню". Он также любит драматические жесты и цитаты, говоря, что Богиня Удачи ехала с ним и что она откажется от его милости, если он когда-нибудь позволит другой женщине поехать с ним. В отличие от Джонни, Джайро часто любит усмехается, обнажая свои золотые зубы. Тот факт, что он выгравировал на них надпись «Go! Go! Zeppeli!», уже демонстрирует его яркую уверенность в себе. Юмористически, Джайро также держит при себе плюшевого мишку, любя его достаточно, чтобы сохранить его даже во время гонки. Однако, подражая своему собственному отцу, Джайро может быть суровым и достойным, когда он говорит о технике спина.
Джайро живёт с философией жизни о неуверенности в себе, именуемой такой метафорой как «теннисный мяч над сеткой». Этой философии жизни его выучил отец. Благодаря ней Джайро имеет оптимистический взгляд на жизнь и убежден, что он сможет преодолеть любые неудачи, если будет идти добродетельным путем. Тем не менее, следуя убеждению «теннисный мяч над сеткой», Джайро осознает, что провал так же вероятен. Эта философия неоднократно как-то подтверждается многочисленными совпадениями и чудесами, помогающими ему на протяжении всего путешествия. Однако кульминацией всего его неудачи является то, что освобождение Марко происходит без его вмешательства, а позднее мальчик вовсе умирает от обычной простуды.
Джайро также является бабником. В одном из флешбеков, рассказывается его роман с пациенткой. С другой стороны, когда Джайро и Джонни впервые встречаются с Люси Стил, он отказывается позволить ей ехать с ним и заявляет, что «ни одна женщина не будет ездить на его лошади». Позже он объясняет, что «Леди Удача» ревновала бы, если бы он позволил «другой женщине» ехать с ним.
Джайро имеются некоторые причуды в лексиконе. Например, он любит говорить "Нью-хо-хо" когда посмеивается и склонен выкрикивать «ОРА!» во время сражений.
Техника спина семьи Цеппели, обычно применяемая со специальными стальными шарами, является универсальным навыком, которому Джайро обучался с юности. Джайро имеет два стальных шара для самообороны, атаки и общего стратегического преимущества.
При ударе по живому организму часто появляются спиральные ряби. Джайро может применять широкий спектр эффектов к людям или животным, включая мышечные, нервные и костные манипуляции, а также сильное выжимание воды из тканей организма.
Джайро объясняет, что хотя спин использовался его семьей для казней, он не был разработан для деструктивных целей и во многом подходит для медецины.
Дебют в манге: SBR Глава 31: Scary Monsters, Часть 4 After the Corpse's right eye binds with Gyro's, the word "TURBO" is inscribed on Gyro's iris, behind it a diagonally oriented cross; with a cross pattéeW emerging from the bottom-outside of his eye, on his cheek, to begin with. A single eye appears within each of Gyro's active Steel Balls, staring outwards, also marked on the iris.
When Scan (スキャン Sukyan?) is active, the ability places eyes representing those of the Corpse in each of Gyro's active Steel Balls. These enhance Gyro's aptitude for the Spin, and his vision as surrogate eyes (enabling him to see remotely when Hot Pants blinds him with Cream Starter); as well as allowing him to see through people's bodies as though by X-ray, permitting him to calculate for better targeting.
The complete guardian of the Corpse's eyes appears as a largely insentient, robotic humanoid figure. When Gyro departs this figure, it is divided, missing its left arm, leg, upper "eye" and the left plate of the two originally framing its head. A similar figure is seen once more when Gyro uses Scan, growing from his Steel Ball, in his battle against Ringo Roadagain.
- Основная статья: Ball Breaker
Ball Breaker manifests when Gyro finally achieves the "Golden Spin". The stand is a visualization of Spin energy unleashed from Gyro's steel balls, the technique behind them ultimately becoming a Stand ability. Ball Breaker embodies a vast force capable of bypassing dimensional barriers.
- Horseriding:Gyro is an experienced and capable equestrian, competent enough to ride across many types of terrain and be a serious competitor in the Steel Ball Run. His riding style can be summed up as aggressive, Gyro seeks to remain at the first place constantly, and takes dangerous shortcuts when he deems it necessary. When another rider challenges him, Gyro will actively try to get rid of him. His beloved horse is named Valkyrie. Related to that Gyro is knowledgeable about horses, particularly Valkyrie whose abilities and limits he can gauge at any moment.
- Medicine, Surgery and Anatomy:Being trained as a surgeon, Gyro is an accomplished surgeon, being able to make surgical operations on his own. This training also includes intimate knowledge of the human body Gyro uses in conjunction with the Spin in combat.
- Intelligence:Gyro is an adept tactician, being able to hold his own against several Stand users, and outsmarting them in several occasions. Gyro has been shown to be able to use his surrounding, or even the enemy's own power to his advantage. Gyro is a worldly invdividual, possessing a range of knowledge, including in tracking, opera, paleontology, and mathematics.
Главы в порядке появления персонажа
Steel Ball Run
Gyro lived a roughly normal life until his late childhood, upon which he was trained in the arts of the Spin by his father Gregorio Zeppeli. The Zeppelis being renowned doctors as well as servants of the King of Naples, Gyro lived in certain comfort. At age thirteen, Gyro began his training as a royal executioner in secret. At the same time, he was an apprentice surgeon for the family. In his late teens, Gyro was to become the next royal executioner as well as a surgeon, following his father in both aspects.One day, one woman scheduled for execution became violent and almost killed an executioner. During the struggle, Gyro lost his collar hanger. When he found it again, it was in the hands of a little boy named Marco who was found guilty of treason because he served a traitorous lord. Disturbed by the false charges as well as the fact that Marco was his first execution, Gyro asked for Marco's appeal. Unfortunately, his efforts were vain, but a lord of Naples explained to him that the king would give amnesty to political criminals if the country suddenly gained prestige, such as winning a famous horse race. Thus, against his father's wishes, Gyro subscribed to the Steel Ball Run race.
Gyro departed from Genoa, Italy earlier in May and arrived in the US on May 22.
Shortly after joining the Steel Ball Run race and before it begins, Gyro goes into town where he duels a man using his 'Spin' and steel balls as weapons. When the paraplegic Johnny Joestar touches one of Gyro's spinning orbs, it causes his paralyzed legs to move for a moment. Gyro attempts to convince Johnny that it was simply a reflex of his legs but fails, as Johnny is not convinced and joins the Steel Ball Run race to follow him in order to learn about the Spin and how to move his legs once again. Still, Gyro takes an interest in Johnny's actions, specifically his choice of horse, and gives him a hint to use the 'Spin' to mount his horse.
Гонка «Стальной Шар» (1890-1891)
At the start of the race, Gyro rushes ahead of every participant, taking out Urmd Avdol as well as Diego Brando, two of the Steel Ball Run's favorites, to everyone's shock. Still leading the race, then takes a dangerous shortcut through a forest during which he discovers his most serious challenger during this stage, Pocoloco. Thanks to his luck, Pocoloco eventually overtakes Gyro by sliding down a slope on a cow's skin Gyro unsuccessfully tries to stop Pocoloco by throwing a Steel Ball which endangers Sandman, who was running down a cliff. Nonetheless, Gyro crosses the finish line first after a lengthy dash, helped by the tailwind.
However, Steven Steel voids Gyro's performance for endangering the competitor Sandman and relegates him to 21st place, which outrages him. However, impressed by Johnny's determination, Gyro invites him to race with him on the second stage, determined to get first.
The racers line up, preparing to race across 2000 km of Arizona Desert for the second Stage. Against Johnny's advice, Gyro decides to take another shortcut through 120 km of desert and Johnny follows Gyro, both pursued by the fellow racer Mrs. Robinson. Mrs. Robinson soon attacks the duo, but Gyro quickly defeats him with the Spin.
Camping for the night 50 km from the second water point, Gyro and Johnny are approached by Andre Boom Boom, Benjamin Boom Boom and L. A. Boom Boom who can forcibly magnetize someone when the victim touches Andre's blood. Unable to fight people who can control metal, Gyro and Johnny flee from the Boom Booms, but both are now magnetized. Gyro and Johnny eventually meet Mountain Tim, who was tricked into thinking Johnny murdered participants to the race. Because the three of them are under the influence of Tomb of the Boom, they attract each other and eventually are stuck together in iron sand, at the mercy of Benjamin and L.A. Boom Boom. However Johnny develops a Stand of his own, and manages to kill Benjamin as well as cripple L.A., who curses Gyro and assures him that other mercenaries will come after him.
At a checkpoint, Gyro and Johnny then have to fight a past terrorist from Naples, Oyecomova. However, Gyro and Johnny manage to work together to kill him. After attacks from other participants such as Fritz von Stroheim as well as other Stand users like Pork Pie Hat Kid, Gyro discovers that Johnny is carrying a corpse part which is likely why everyone is attacking them.
Gyro, distracted at the last moment by a newspaper, finishes the stage at the fourth place.
Although Johnny is interested in the Corpse Parts, Gyro's mind is still focused on winning the race. In a small village in the Rocky Mountains, Gyro and Johnny search for the Eyes, but also battle Dr. Ferdinand's army of dinosaurs. Dr. Ferdinand reveals that the Corpse Parts are highly sought after. At the same time, Diego, who acquired the Stand Scary Monsters takes away the left eye while Gyro has the right eye.
However, at the final run to the end line of the third stage, Gyro is beaten by Diego when the jockey sneakily spits a small rock toward Valkyrie, slightly injuring the horse. Gyro finishes at the fourth place and concludes that his loss is due to his own lack of drive in the race.
Gyro and Johnny then race peacefully during 600 km of the 1250 km of the fourth stage.
At about 650 km from Kansas City, Gyro and Johnny formally meet Hot Pants, a fellow racer. Although Gyro doesn't like nor trusts Hot Pants who attacked them earlier, they are forced to ally themselves with him as gunslinger Ringo Roadagain blocks their way out of a forest. A shootout ensues, Johnny and Hot Pants are injured while Gyro is spared out of spite by Ringo. It is at this moment that Gyro acquires a genuine and selfish motivation to win, and challenges Ringo, this time winning against him. Gyro then heals Hot Pants and Johnny, but steals the latter's sandwiches to annoy him.
As they approach Kansas City, Gyro and Johnny challenge Diego again in a race during a heavy rain. Gyro manages to win against Diego, whose horse is injured, putting the Englishman out of the race for a certain amount of time. Later they meet Lucy Steel, who learned about the Corpse Parts and unwittingly antagonized he American Government. Asking for help, Lucy gives them the Spine as token of good faith, and Gyro defeats Blackmore, an agent who trailed Lucy. Gyro however suggests that Lucy goes back to steal Valentine's Heart. The Spine also gives them the location of the three next Corpse Parts.
During the fifth stage, Gyro and Johnny race peacefully for about 300 km.
However they are attacked by Diego and Sandman, the latter's ability to give life to sounds being problematic since it destroys Gyro's Steel Balls. Cornered into a river, Gyro manages to teach Johnny to take inspiration from the surrounding nature in order to create an infinite rotation. Johnny's Tusk ACT 2 kills Sandman while Diego is already far away. Weakened by the fight, they cannot stop Hot Pants from stealing their Corpse Parts.
They then finish the fifth stage peacefully.
At the beginning of the sixth stage, Gyro and Johnny meet Sugar Mountain, a young girl living in a tree who guards the Ears and the Right Arm. Gyro manages to acquire both plus a hefty amount of precious goods. Their joy is cut short when they learn that they have to trade the goods by sunset, or they'll be absorbed into the tree.
In a nearby city, Gyro has difficulties spending everything in time, plus Eleven Men are stalking them, looking to kill them. Gyro decides to go into a clandestine casino to gamble, but he and Johnny are interrupted by the Eleven Men. A shootout ensues, during which the enemy proves too much, but Gyro convinces the gangsters working in the casino to protect him in exchange for the goods. As sun sets, Gyro transforms himself into a tree, having not thought of trading the Corpse Parts, and Johnny is forced to trade them to the last of the Eleven Men.
Near the Michigan Lake, Gyro and Johnny confront another duo of government agents. Wekapipo and Magent Magent. While Magent Magent is disposed of rather quickly, Wekapipo's expertise in the art of the Spin proves dangerous as Wekapipo made sure to seal off Gyro's ability to draw from nature, and Gyro almost dies. However due to a coincidence, Gyro is able to look a snowflakes to overpower Wekapipo. Instead of letting him die, Gyro asks Wekapipo to go look for Lucy Steel.
Having victory on their side, Gyro and Johnny immediately obtain the Legs from a wolf and easily finish the sixth stage at the first and second place.
Gyro and Johnny ride peacefully for 12 days, until one night, they see Hot Pants riding away. Gyro and Johnny follow her into a local garbage dump, but they realize it was a trap from the Stand user Axl RO, whose Civil War immobilizes Gyro. However Johnny saves them both due to his Stand evolving another time.
Unfortunately, Valentine intervenes at the last moment and steals away all the Corpse Parts of the competitors save Diego's Eye. Their luck runs out, and Gyro finishes the stage at a disappointing 6th place.
In Philadelphia, Gyro and Johnny decide to follow Diego and acquire his Eye. However, Valentine, using Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap's power to his advantage. Gyro loses time fighting his last agent D-I-S-C-O then investigate a shootout during which Johnny disappeared. At the same time, Valentine takes the Right Eye from Diego and Diego kills Wekapipo to escape the parallel dimension in which he's been imprisoned.
Johnny manage to work out the power of Valentine's Stand, and a reluctant Gyro accepts to help him pursue Valentine, revealing that even against Valentine, there is another level of Spin which could overpower him. Gyro and Johnny follow Diego and Hot Pants, observing from afar their clash between the three. It is not until Diego dies that Gyro and Johnny approach the train. However, they didn't plan for Lucy, now transformed into the Corpse, to cause a space distortion making the landscape converge toward her. As Gyro tries to escape this strange phenomenon, a carp bites into his finger. Later when Gyro investigates the locomotive, this one bite has moved to his carotid, severely injuring him.
Now, Valentine has unlocked Love Train, a pocket dimension against which harm rebounces, making the President invulnerable. However, Gyro manages to forcefully tear off some of Valentine's hair. Gyro and Johnny take a respite, then charge toward the President, gambling on the potential of the Spin.
Nonetheless, Valentine manages to injure Johnny in the subsequent clash, forcing Gyro to throw one Steel Ball in a hurry. Johnny is only saved by Steven Steel who gives Lucy to Gyro and begs him to take her away from Valentine. Gyro manages to save Lucy on his horse and dashes toward the ocean, setting the stage for a duel against Valentine.
Final Duel Against Valentine
In the final battle against Valentine, Gyro uses the most advanced technique of the Golden Rectangle: the "Super (or Cavalry) Spin", which is created by invoking the golden rectangle while riding a horse to gain momentum. By combining this technique with his newly developed stand Ball Breaker, his attack becomes very powerful. Although his technique is very effective, it is not enough to beat Valentine, who resists his injuries long enough for Gyro to die from his own wounds. However, before dying, Gyro gives his last lesson to Johnny, allowing Tusk to reach ACT 4 and giving Johnny the power to defeat Valentine.
Gyro then reappears as a spirit, saying goodbye to his friend and ascends to Heaven.
- Gyro & Johnny Joestar Vs. Mrs. Robinson
- Gyro & Johnny Joestar Vs. Boom Boom Family
- Gyro & Johnny Joestar Vs. Oyecomova
- Gyro & Johnny Joestar Vs. Pork Pie Hat Kid
- Gyro & Johnny Joestar Vs. Diego Brando
- Gyro & Johnny Joestar Vs. Dr. Ferdinand
- Gyro & Johnny Joestar Vs. Hot Pants
- Gyro, Johnny Joestar & Hot Pants Vs. Ringo Roadagain
- Gyro Vs. Ringo Roadagain
- Gyro & Johnny Joestar Vs. Blackmore
- Gyro & Johnny Joestar Vs. Diego Brando
- Gyro & Johnny Joestar Vs. Sandman
- Gyro & Johnny Joestar Vs. Eleven Men
- Gyro & Johnny Joestar Vs. Wekapipo & Magent Magent
- Gyro & Johnny Joestar Vs. Axl RO
- Gyro Vs. D-I-S-C-O
- Gyro Vs. Funny Valentine
- Gregorio Zeppeli: Gregorio Zeppeli was Gyro's father, and was the only person to ever command respect and obedience to him. Their relationship was probably cold due to Gregorio wishing to throw away sentimentality from his life, thus never had a compliment for his son, nor did he give him gifts and send him letters. However Gregorio was still Gyro's Spin teacher and direct superior as surgeon and executioner, thus has authority over him, although Gyro still disobeyed him behind his back.
- Johnny Joestar: Gyro and Johnny are friends and partners in the Steel Ball Run and also master and apprentice in the art of the Spin. At first Johnny's determination got Gyro's interest, causing him to help him figuring out how to mount his Slow Dancer and start the race. After the first stage, Johnny wins the respect of Gyro, thus Gyro decides to teach him the Spin and they become partners for the rest of the race. As the stages progress their friendship grows. Despite their opposing personalities, causing regular clashes as to how to take on a difficult situation, Gyro and Johnny ultimately get along well and share many moments of friendship, culminating in them telling each personal secrets. Gyro notably likes to jest with Johnny and tells him bad jokes or miscellaneous songs that Johnny frequently pretends to appreciate. Due to their regular battles, Gyro and Johnny fight well together, and see each other as valuable allies. Their friendship is such that any one is ready to put himself in danger for the other, and Johnny notably abandoned his Corpse Parts to save Gyro's life, and has cried multiple times for him. When Gyro died, Johnny was completely devastated and Valentine exploited that bond to promise Johnny that another Gyro would walk this universe. Gyro's ghost salutes Johnny one last time and the latter would bring back his corpse to the Zeppeli family. Gyro's continuous support helped Johnny get out of his depression and enabled him to begin anew.
- Lucy Steel: Gyro and Lucy became allies, but Gyro had a cold attitude toward her, refusing her request of helping her and her husband and instead suggesting that she risked her life trying to steal the Heart from Valentine. Gyro nonetheless acknowledged her bravery and resourcefulness and entrusted the Right Eye with her, later asking Wekapipo to save her from Valentine.
- Wekapipo: Despite meeting in the Steel Ball Run as long-standing enemies, Gyro and Wekapipo have a certain respect of each other's ability as both are proficient Spin users. Gyro revealed to Wekapipo that his sister was alive and well, having saved her life once. This revelation earned Gyro Wekapipo's help during the search for the Corpse Parts.
- Mountain Tim: Gyro only saw Tim as a rival in the Steel Ball Run race, deriding his hat when he first saw Tim. However, both come to see as allies during the fights against the Boom Boom Family and Oyecomova.
- Diego Brando: Gyro and Diego are bitter rivals, as both repeatedly tried to outdo each other in the Steel Ball Run. Gyro thinks of Diego as the greatest threat for his goal of finishing first in the race and never ceases to antagonize or insult him. Diego won't hesitate to kill Gyro, but Gyro's moral code stops him from doing the same, and he only wishes to beat him up.
- Hot Pants: As one of the competitor in the Steel Ball Run and a rival in the search for the Saint Corpse Parts, Gyro views Hot Pants poorly. Their first meeting consisted of Hot Pants attacking Gyro for wrong reasons, and Gyro never let up his antagonistic behavior after that, regularly insulting the horse rider and once stealing her food. Later on, Gyro remains in the dark about Hot Pants' true identity, while Johnny was able to forge a more understanding and sympathetic relationship.
- Sandman: Gyro and Sandman are rivals in the Steel Ball Run race, but initially act friendly with each other. Sandman bore no ill will against Gyro and repaid being made winner of the first stage in Gyro's stead with critical information during the fourth stage. However, the next time they meet, Sandman now worked with Valentine and tried to force Gyro and Johnny to give their Corpse Parts, going as far as trying to kill them. Nonetheless, Sandman was merely indifferent to what he saw as the struggle between white men.
- Pocoloco: Gyro thinks of Pocoloco as a dangerous rival and mistakes the latter's luck as talent, while Pocoloco sees Gyro as a mere stepping stone in the race.
- Boom Boom Family: Gyro was initially cold and cautious to Andre Boom Boom, and he was later proven right to act in such a way as Andre, along with his brother and father, attacked. Gyro thinks the whole family as idiots, though holds regard for their dangerous Stand abilities.
- Oyecomova: Oyecomova was an Italian assassin who attempted kill Gyro, Tim and Johnny, only to be defeated by their respective Stand powers.
- Ringo Roadagain: Ringo and Gyro were mortal enemies during their encounter. Ringo looked down on Gyro for being a "follower" but was impressed by his sudden growth, acknowledging his will during his last moments. Gyro returned the animosity and begrudging respect for the gunman.
- Funny Valentine: Valentine was Gyro's enemy in the search to obtain the Corpse Parts.
Gyro appears as a support and help character. His supports summon him to throw his Steel Balls at the opponent, inflicting either the paralysis or shocked status effects, and his Help Koma increases the affected battle character's movement speed.
At the time of the game's release, Steel Ball Run was listed as a different franchise separate from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure; Gyro appears as the series' main representative character.
Gyro appears again as a support and help character. While his support attack remains the same, his Help Koma now increases the rate at which the affected battle character's special attack gauge replenishes.
Due to Steel Ball Run having been confirmed as Part 7 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, unlike the previous game, Gyro is now listed as part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure franchise, and is one of two Part 7 characters in the game, alongside Johnny Joestar.
As a Part 7 character, three parts of the Holy Corpse appear scattered on stages when he, Johnny, or Valentine are used, which they can pick up to receive blessings that boost their performance in combat. Along with Johnny, Gyro is one of the only two characters in the game who use the "Mounted" Style. This Style allows him to get on and off his horse, Valkyrie, slightly changing the moves available to him. Gyro must be unmounted in order to pick up the Corpse Parts.
Exclusive to Gyro are the Steel Ball Icon and the Spin Gauge, both displayed about the Heart Heat Gauge. The Steel Ball Icon display how many of Gyro's two Steel Balls are in his possession. Gyro's Steel Balls will automatically return to him after a short delay once thrown, hitting the opponent if they are between the Steel Balls and Gyro. The Spin Gauge displays how much Spin Energy Gyro has.
- Spin: Gyro charges the Spin Energy into his Steel Balls, leaving him open to attack but replenishing the Spin Gauge. This skill's function is similar to the "Ripple Breath" skill possessed by all Ripple-Style Users. When filled completely, Gyro enters Golden Spin Mode, increasing the damage of all attacks involving his Steel Balls, and allowing them to hit multiple times per attack, better improving Gyro's ability to combo from them. The Spin Gauge is then turned into a timer, slowly draining to zero, and Gyro is unable to use this ability again until it empties completely.
- I toughened my skin: Gyro places a Steel Ball imbued with the Spin to his chest, causing his skin to wring and toughen. This skill is used to instantly block attacks using the Heart Heat Gauge in place of the Guard Gauge, and will last as long as the Style button is held, or until the HHG empties.
- Spin, spin!: Gyro throws a Steel Ball at the opponent as a projectile, hitting them multiple times. Gyro can throw both of his Steel Balls in succession, but both need to be available to do so. (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel)
- Raaaaugh!: Gyro throws a Steel Ball to the ground, before it proceeds to quickly move toward the opponent, carried by the power of the Spin. If it hits the opponent, the Steel Ball will release its Spin energy upward, blowing them into the air. (Comboable)
- I'm gonna throw it away!: This move can only be used when Gyro has both Steel Balls available. Gyro drops both Steel Balls to the ground, and using the Spin, the two kick up debris to shoot at the opponent, sending them flying if hit. (Comboable)
- Run wild, run free!: This move can only be used when mounted. Valkyrie spins around stomping, hitting the opponent multiple times and knocking them off their feet if hit. This attack can hit a downed opponent. (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel)
- Winds from Mexico: This move can only be used when mounted and at a distance. Gyro, using a Steel Ball imbued with the Spin on Valkyrie's rear, causes the horse to gallop forward at a fast speed. If the opponent is hit, they are knocked high into the air. (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel)
- Throw - Can only spin for a bit!: Gyro pushes the opponent off balance, before using Spin energy to form a spinning ball of compressed air between his hands and blasting them with it.
Gyro receives a new blessing every time he picks up one of the three Holy Corpse Parts, but if knocked down, loses it as he drops the part.
- Gyro gains access to the ability Scan: Gyro throws a Steel Ball at the opponent as a projectile, hitting them multiple times. If the button is held long enough and let go, or until the Steel Ball hits the opponent, the Steel Ball will remain hovering in the air. If used a second time, Gyro throws his remaining Steel Ball at the one hovering, causing it to ricochet towards the opponent and hitting them for substantial damage.
- Any one of Gyro's moves that utilize Steel Balls can only be interrupted by Throws/HHA/GHA.
- Gyro's attack power is boosted, increasing his damage. Golden Spin Mode is also permanently active; The Spin Gauge will never run empty.
Gyro's HHA, "One moooore shot!", throws a Steel Ball with a large amount of Spin Energy infused into it. If it connects, Gyro throws a second one as the two Steel Balls shred the opponent's face and send them flying. The HHA will automatically retrieve a single Steel Ball upon use, and its damage will be increased if Golden Spin Mode is active.
Gyro's GHA, "Ball Breaker", will instantly fill the Spin Gauge to max, automatically activating Golden Spin Mode. The GHA can only be performed while mounted, but will automatically summon Valkyrie when used unmounted. Gyro on horseback, launches a singularly powerful Steel Ball imbued with the power of the Complete Golden Spin Energy. If it lands, the Steel Ball will shred into the opponent's torso, before Ball Breaker appears in front of it. The Stand finishes by spinning and funneling itself into the Steel Ball, dramatically increasing its power and speed. The entrance of the Stand into the Steel Ball shredding the opponent at point-blank range generates a massive green burst.
If Valentine is falls victim to the GHA, a unique special scene plays where Valentine attempts to protect himself with D4C Love Train, only for Ball Breaker to penetrate and fly through the dimensional wall, recreating the scene from the battle in the manga. Ball Breaker will zoom past Valentine and D4C's face, the two bracing themselves, before exploding in a blast of Complete Golden Spin Energy.
Most of his alternate costumes are based on manga and chapter covers. Gyro's first taunt makes him smile while saying his catch phrase "Nyo~ho" as the camera zooms in on his iconic grills reading "GO! GO! ZEPPELI" and his second taunt will make Gyro sing his Mozzarella song.
Gyro was announced for the game alongside Johnny, Valentine, and THE WORLD Diego.
Gyro possesses the most Styles out of any character: he is a Stand User, a Mounted Fighter, and is the lone Spin User Style of the the game's playable characters. As a Spin User, Gyro is able to strengthen and enhance the properties of his abilities via the power of the Spin; as a Mounted Fighter, Gyro is able to switch between riding atop Valkyrie or moving on-foot; as a Stand User, Gyro is one of many characters with wildly varied abilities that grant him uniqueness in battle.
Gyro interacts with larger stage objects by trapping them using the Spin, causing opponents that get too close to be blown back a large distance.
- Steel Ball Icon: A small icon above Gyro Spin Gauge displays how many of his two Steel Balls are in his possession and available for his various attacks and skills. If an icon is dim, that Steel Ball has been recently used and is unavailable. Gyro's Steel Balls will always return to him once used.
- Style Action - Spin: Gyro charges the Spin into his Steel Balls (he requires both to be available). This Style Action's function is similar to the "Ripple Breathing" ability possessed by all Ripple Users. When enough Spin energy has been charged, Gyro enters Golden Spin Mode, enhancing various properties of all his skills and abilities. While in Golden Spin Mode, Gyro is unable to use his Style Action again until he reverts to normal.
- Spin Gauge: A small gauge above Gyro's health gauge displays the amount of Spin he has currently charged and how close he is to entering Golden Spin Mode. Once Golden Spin Mode has been activated, the Spin Gauge will remain full for a period of time, before beginning to deplete, eventually emptying and causing Gyro to revert.
- Raaaaugh!: Gyro throws a Steel Ball to the ground, before it begins moving forward carried by the power of the Spin, with some homing capabilities. The activating input can be held to allow the Steel Ball to move farther; Gyro may still move around while doing so. If it hits an opponent or the activating input is released, the Steel Ball will release its Spin energy upward, blowing opponents upward and into the air. While in Mounted Mode, the Steel Ball will move much slower. While in Golden Spin Mode, the Steel Ball will receive boosts to speed, damage, and homing capability, Gyro will recover faster from using the skill, and the skill itself gains a shorter cooldown period.
- ORAAAAAAA!!: Gyro throws a Steel Ball as a projectile either forward or towards his lock-on target, before it immediately returns to him. While in Mounted Mode, Gyro may use this skill while moving. While in Golden Spin Mode, the Steel Ball will deal multiple hits if it connects as well as receive boosts to range and Guard Break power; Gyro will recover faster from using the skill, can cancel it into another one, and the skill itself gains a shorter cooldown period.
- Neither of us can turn back now!: This skill is only available in succession after "ORAAAAAAA!!" is used. Gyro continues the attack by throwing his second Steel Ball, this time with the power to send opponents hit flying. While in Mounted Mode, Gyro may use this skill while moving. While in Golden Spin Mode, the Steel Ball will deal multiple hits if it connects as well as receive boosts to range and Guard Break power; Gyro will recover faster from using the skill, and the skill itself gains a shorter cooldown period. The in-game description erroneously states that this skill is a follow-up to "Raaaaugh!".
- Grazie to my ancestors!: Gyro uses his Steel Balls and the power of the Spin to temporarily create a warped area around himself. While active, he cannot be locked onto by opponents, and is invincible to projectiles and traps. While in Gold Spin Mode, the skill will remain active for a longer amount of time and gain a shorter cooldown period.
- Valkyrie: Gyro switches between Mounted Mode and Ground Mode. While in Mounted Mode, Valkyrie has above-average mobility and jump height, can unleash devastating Normal and Powerful Attacks, and Gyro's Spin Gauge charges dramatically faster using his Style Action. However, his stamina gauge will slowly drain, automatically dismounting him when it empties. While in Ground Mode, Gyro can interact with stage objects and grab ledges. While in Golden Spin Mode, Gyro gains super armor while mounting/dismounting, and the skill executes quicker and gains a shorter cooldown period.
- EX - Raaaaugh!: Gyro is invincible until he completes throwing the Steel Ball, and the Steel Ball receives all the benefits of Golden Spin Mode regardless if it is actually active.
- EX - Scan: This skill is only available in EX form, in place of "ORAAAAAAA!!". Gyro throws an unblockable Steel Ball imbued with Scan at an upward angle, otherwise towards his lock-on target. The activating input can be held to allow the Steel Ball to move farther; Gyro may still move around while doing so. If it hits an opponent or the activating input is released, the Steel Ball will remain suspended in place for a short period of time. Opponents that make contact with the stationary Steel Ball will take moderate damage and be left crumpling. If "ORAAAAAAA!!" is used, Gyro will now throw his remaining Steel Ball at the stationary one, causing it to deflect at high speed towards the nearest opponent or Gyro's lock-on target; this gives it the power to send them flying and deal high damage on-contact, or Guard Break them in a single hit if they attempt to block it. While in Golden Spin Mode, the Steel Ball receives a damage boost and the skill itself gains a shorter cooldown period.
- Spin along the "Path of the Golden Rectangle!": Gyro must enter Golden Spin Mode. (200 Points)
- You know what kills the most?: Gyro must connect the full Normal Attack combo while in Mounted Mode. (200 Points)
- I can see really well now!: Gyro must connect "Scan". (300 Points)
- Lesson 4! Pay your respects!: Gyro must connect "ORAAAAAAA!!" while in Golden Spin Mode a total of 5 times. (500 Points)
- The secret to the Steel Ball is the search for infinity...: Gyro must Retire an opponent while in Golden Spin Mode. (800 Points)
Dual Heat Attacks
- Solo - Ball Breaker: Identical to its performance in All Star Battle, though executes faster for the sake of brevity.
- With Johnny - GO! GO! GO!: The two riding on their horses, Gyro throws a Steel Ball while Johnny shoots a fingernail, both infused with the Golden Spin. As a result, Ball Breaker and Tusk ACT4 fly side-by-side towards the opponent. After Tusk briefly pummels the target, both Stands fly through their midsection as the power of the two Golden Spins generate a massive energy explosion.
In the alternate timeline he is shown to have survived the fight with Valentine and is fighting along-side Johnny against the alternate Diego Brando.
He is paired with Jolyne Cujoh in the Eyes of Heaven Tournament, beating Muhammad Avdol and Koichi Hirose in the first round and Jotaro Kujo and Vanilla Ice in the second. Making it to the semifinals, they beat Jonathan Joestar and DIO in the first round and Bruno Bucciarati and Trish Una in the second. Ultimately, they were defeated in the final round by Kars and Pet Shop.
- Araki personally liked the Jonathan-Zeppeli relationship from Phantom Blood and wanted to retell it again for a longer coming-of-age story. He chose to make Johnny and Gyro around the same age so they could be less formal and more friendly than their original counterparts. Gyro's random jokes and Johnny's trivial use of his spinning nails were included to reflect this concept.
- Gyro was able to see Stands before he achieved one of his own. He is the first and so far only Zeppeli to have a Stand.
- In the Italian edition of SBR, Gyro's name is written as "J.Lo", in a reference to American-Latino singer Jennifer Lopez. This is also a slight pun on the fact that the pronunciations of "Gyro" and "J.Lo" in Japanese are almost identical.
- In the French edition of SBR, Gyro's name is written as "Jayro".
- Giro means "Rotation/Spin" in Spanish.
- Gyro is currently the only Zeppeli killed by the main villain
- Gyro sometimes use the word "Ora" similar to Jonathan Joestar as well as Joseph Joestar
- ↑ SBR Chapter 35: A Man's World (3) p.18
- ↑ JOJOVELLER: STANDS - Comments by Hirohiko Araki
- ↑ SBR Chapter 83: Ball Breaker (1)
- ↑ SBR Vol. 3 Ch. 12: 1st Stage Disqualified From Victory p. 8
- ↑ SBR Vol. 1 Ch.4: September 25, 1890 - 3 Hours to Start
- ↑ SBR Vol. 1 Ch. 5: First Stage, 15,000 Meters
- ↑ SBR Vol. 2 Ch. 6: The Dried-Up River; Diego Brando
- ↑ SBR Vol. 2 Ch. 8: Crossing the Forest
- ↑ SBR Vol. 2 Ch. 9: Long, Long Downhill
- ↑ SBR Vol. 2 Ch. 10: Final Straight 2,000 Meters Left
- ↑ SBR Vol. 2 Ch. 11: The Final Stretch 1,000 Meters Left
- ↑ SBR Vol. 3 Ch. 12: 1st Stage Disqualified From Victory
- ↑ SBR Vol. 3 Ch. 13: The Sheriff's Request to Mountain Tim
- ↑ SBR Vol. 3 Ch. 14: Across the Arizona Desert: Continuing Along the Shortest Route
- ↑ SBR Vol. 3 Ch. 15: The Desert Born Outlaws (1)
- ↑ The Terrorist from a Faraway Country (story arc)
- ↑ Tusk (story arc)
- ↑ Scary Monsters (story arc)
- ↑ SBR Chapter 32
- ↑ A Man's World (story arc)
- ↑ The Green Tomb (story arc)
- ↑ Catch the Rainbow
- ↑ Silent Way (story arc)
- ↑ The Land of Promises: Sugar Mountain (story arc)
- ↑ Wrecking Ball (story arc)
- ↑ Civil War (story arc)
- ↑ SBR Chapter 59
- ↑ 28,0 28,1 28,2 28,3 D4C (story arc)