|“||I just gotta keep my distance! That's all! But my Aerosmith doesn't need to get close... to blow you to bits!||”|
—Narancia Ghirga, Chapter 535
The Stand has the shape of a toy fighter jet piloted by a very small pilot named Mr. Smith (スミスさん Sumisu-san) inside. The plane itself can be described as a propeller monoplane fighter in a tractor configuration (the propeller situated at the front), given features resembling eyes and a mouth. Its wheels are retracted under the fuselage, and its weaponry includes two machine guns under the wings and a single bomb attached under the fuselage.
Narancia has a unique method of recalling Aerosmith by spreading his arms horizontally and making the Stand land on them like a runway.
Aerosmith is a powerful battle-oriented Stand possessing not only a wide array of powerful weaponry to destroy its enemies but also boasts above-average nimbleness due to its nature, size, and good range. Moreover, its ability to detect carbon dioxide makes it a great scout and radar.
Machine Guns and Bomb
Aerosmith is equipped with small machine guns on its wings shooting tracer bullets with infinite ammunition and a single bomb which it can drop on its enemies.
Despite their reduced size, the weapons are still deadly. The tracer bullets can set gasoline on fire and shoot through a human body; the bomb has the power of a grenade. However, due to the Stand's poor precision, Narancia prefers to unleash Aerosmith's full arsenal with reckless abandon in a short period of time to compensate. As a last resort, the propeller itself can be used as a blade to slice enemies.
Carbon Dioxide Radar
Aerosmith also has a carbon dioxide radar that Narancia can use to find an enemy's position through their breath when they exhale.
While active, a small mechanical radar levitates near Narancia's face, specifically his right eye, allowing him to see the location and size of sources as circular blips on the radar. This makes it ineffective when there is a big crowd or large fire, as it is unable to distinguish between sources, though Narancia is capable of deducing the sources based on the behavior of an individual source. The heavier the carbon dioxide emission from a given source on the radar, the larger the blip will appear. Narancia can also adjust the sensitivity of the radar in order to pick up sources on the level of small animals and even insects.
Chapters / Episodes
Chapters in order of appearance
Episodes in order of appearance
- The anime adaptation uses a computer generated 3D model of Aerosmith in contrast to most previous Stands presented in the series which were drawn.
- Aerosmith itself appears to be based on the German He 112.
- This is the third stand that was made in a form of transportation, second being Wheel of Fortune, and first being Strength.
- “Feelin’ JOJO”! ~Part 5 Q & A~" ( "Weekly Shōnen Jump" Issue 9, 1998)
- Chapter 471: "Narancia's Aerosmith, Part 2"
- Chapter 476: "Narancia's Aerosmith, Part 7"
- Chapter 547: "King Crimson vs. Metallica, Part 4"
- Chapter 529: "Clash and Talking Head, Part 5"
- Chapter 474: "Narancia's Aerosmith, Part 5"
- Chapter 549: "King Crimson vs. Metallica, Part 6"