|“||My body...! It's turned into a magnet!||”|
—Joseph, Chapter 200
Bastet roughly resembles an American outlet with a cable visible under it that can be placed anywhere.
It represents the Egyptian Goddess BastetW.
In the colored manga, the outlet is white with yellow borders. In the anime, the outlet is yellow with green borders.
Bastet is designed to turn people's curiosity against them. It has no fighting ability whatsoever and no use besides trapping victims, forcing Mariah to wait until her victims die alone. On the other hand, it is suited for assassination because unless Mariah exposes herself, there is no way to catch on to her.
The magnetic force will gradually become stronger, to the point where objects attracted to the person will either overwhelm or simply impale them, and if at first only small metallic objects will be influenced, the magnetism can increase to the point where objects as massive as cars will be attracted.
Additionally, more than one person can be placed under the same "magnetic curse". Multiple people under the same magnetic attraction will even be attracted towards each other.
A drawback of this Stand's ability is that Mariah must maintain a certain distance from her target or the magnetism will wear off. Another drawback is that the magnetism can be used against the user, as both Joseph Joestar and Muhammad Avdol were able to trap her via a pincer attack, and use the weight of the objects latched onto them to crush Mariah.
Chapters / Episodes
Chapters in order of appearance
Episodes in order of appearance
- Araki was inspired to create Bastet during his time writing about Nikola TeslaW in the manuscript to The Lives of the Eccentric, having been interested in electromagnetism at that time.
- ↑ Chapter 199, Bastet Mariah (1)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Chapter 200, Baster Mariah (2)
- ↑ Chapter 204, Bastet Mariah (6)
- ↑ Chapter 201, Bastet Mariah (3)
- ↑ Chapter 203, Bastet Mariah (5)
- ↑ JOJOVELLER: STANDS - Comments by Hirohiko Araki