Jotaro and Okuyasu head off to rendezvous with Joseph's ship while Josuke and Koichi stay on the docks, where they are confronted by Red Hot Chili Pepper's user, Akira Otoishi. Otoishi hides Red Hot Chili Pepper in the underground wires to launch surprise attacks on Josuke from all directions, but Josuke manages to turn the surrounding concrete back into coal tar, allowing him to predict Red Hot Chili Pepper's movements. Angered, Otoishi uses all the electricity in Morioh Town in order to power Red Hot Chili Pepper up. However, Josuke manages to trap Red Hot Chili Pepper in a tire and trick into bursting out, causing the air inside to blow him into the ocean where he disperses. Otoishi manages to survive and sneak onto Joseph's boat disguised as a member of the Speedwagon Foundation, but Okuyasu manages to stop him, allowing Josuke to finally meet his father.
- The detailed descriptions of Akira's guitar aren't mentioned.
- An extra scene depicting an unseen Killer picking up a woman's severed hand in the shower is added.
- In addition, the Killer can be spotted very briefly from behind amongst a crowd during Red Hot Chili Pepper's electricity drainage of the town.
- Removed Otoishi's line about piercing the tire as easily as he would a condom.
|“|| This whole episode can basically be summed up with the guitar scene, since the animation for it monopolized a quarter of the episode's frames. Notice that the position of the fingers is also as realistic as possible, it’s the same notes one would use in real life! Mr. Kato is really committed to the details.
I love the episodes with Okuyasu in them. The part on the boat where Okuyasu tries to guess who’s the real Otoishi brings us back to a gag anime. There’s also this scene where he proposes Josuke to fix the cane and Koichi goes “What are you saying, idiot? You’re really dumb!” My dear Koichi, there's no need to repeat, we get it (laughs)…
Joseph fully enters the story starting from episode 12 and I think that a good number of fans were surprised by his new appearance; he’s changed a lot since part 3. He will show off his capabilities in the next episode, but for the most part, we wanted to really make the audience feel the character’s old age and at the same time the perils he was facing. Unsho Ishizuka, Joseph’s voice actor, really went into his role as an old guy, for instance coughing a lot in the studio during the recordings. He was doing it on purpose, but at least he lightened the mood during recording.
In hindsight, we had action sequences, sincere human feelings, and solo concert (?)… Overall episode 12 is full of great moments.
—Naokatsu Tsuda, Blu-Ray limited edition commentaries
- In the official English subs, this episode's title is changed to "Chili Pepper, Part 2" to match Red Hot Chili Pepper's name change to "Chili Pepper".
- Coincidentally, the band Red Hot Chili PeppersW released a new album titled The GetawayW the same day this episode debuted.
- During Akira's guitar solo, he uses right-hand tapping to create the words "I'm Gonna Kill Your Mamas Too" using sound. This phrase is a subtle reference to the Frank ZappaW song, "My Guitar Wants to Kill Your MamaW".
|Season 1 Episodes|
|Season 2 Episodes|
|Season 3 Episodes|
|Season 4 Episodes|
|Kishibe Rohan OVAs|