In his shadowy lair, DIO mentions that Jonathan Joestar's corpse was a boon as it allowed him to survive at the bottom of the ocean. However, it now represents a weakness because the link between Joestars granted the members of the Joestar Family Stands at the same time as him. However, his confidante Enya tells her master she's taken dispositions to murder the Joestar.
In Japan, Joseph already notices the first symptoms of Holy's affliction. For his part, Jotaro is heading to school accompanied by his groupies. Jotaro sees a suspicious man in front of him and follows him into the forest. A fight ensues between Jotaro and Noriaki Kakyoin, wielding Hierophant Green. Jotaro is wounded but is angered at Kakyoin's callousness toward a nearby girl. Jotaro's Stand powers through the Emerald Splash and pummels Kakyoin, defeating him.
Afterward at the Kujo's home, the heroes examine Kakyoin and discover a flesh bud, through which DIO can control people. Avdol reminisces his terrifying encounter with DIO. Determined to save Kakyoin, Jotaro uses Star Platinum to extract the flesh bud and Avdol destroys it. However, Holy then falls unconscious because of DIO's curse and the group learns that DIO is still in Egypt. To repay his debt, Kakyoin decides to accompany the group. The four men then prepare to go to Egypt, and Avdol christens Jotaro's Stand "Star Platinum". Unbeknownst to them, they are followed by someone and DIO is also feeling the group's impending arrival.
|DIO||Enya the Hag||Joseph Joestar||Holy Kujo||Jotaro Kujo|
|Noriaki Kakyoin||Muhammad Avdol||Jonathan Joestar||Jean Pierre Polnareff|
|Hierophant Green||Star Platinum
- An original scene of Joseph discussing with Holy is added.
- The fight between Jotaro and Kakyoin takes place in a forest, instead of the school.
- Hierophant Green thus possesses a schoolgirl and not the school nurse.
- Jotaro's return to his home with an unconscious Kakoyin is omitted.
- When Jotaro removes the flesh bud from Kakyoin, he sees some of DIO's flashbacks such as the fight between Jonathan and DIO at the mansion and the final moments between the two on the boat.
- Holy's illness manifests immediately after Kakyoin is saved unlike the original manga where some time passes.
- Joseph is the one finding Holy instead of Avdol.
- The heroes board a private jet instead of using a commercial flight.
- Jean Pierre Polnareff is shown trailing the group.