|“||The youth of this town have a golden spirit. The same golden spirit shining with justice we saw on our journey to Egypt. I saw it within Josuke and his friends... as long as it's there, they'll be fine. That spirit they embody will naturally course into others without a word, even those who know nothing about Yoshikage Kira, and into the next generation as well...||”|
—Joseph Joestar, "Goodbye, Morioh Town - The Golden Heart"
The Joestar Group is a nickname given to the team of protagonists prominent in each part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. The group is composed of different members in each part, but generally consists of a JoJo, their "sidekick," and various other allies all following the same or a similar plan of action (i.e defeating DIO or protecting Morioh).
The original Joestar Group starts in 1889 with Jonathan Joestar, aided by his allies Will A. Zeppeli and Robert E. O. Speedwagon. Although Bruford was originally an enemy, he respects Jonathan after their battle and gives him his sword, Luck and Pluck. Later on, Dire, Straizo, Tonpetty and Poco assist Jonathan in an effort to deter the incoming threat to mankind, Dio Brando.
|The Joestar Group in Phantom Blood|
|Will A. Zeppeli||Jonathan Joestar||Robert E. O. Speedwagon|
|George Joestar I||Danny||Tattoo||Poco's Sister||Bruford|
50 years later, in 1939, Jonathan's grandson Joseph, along with his partner Caesar Zeppeli, their mentor Lisa Lisa, and Nazi major Rudol von Stroheim, engage the creators of the Stone Mask, the Pillar Men.
|The Joestar Group in Battle Tendency|
|Lisa Lisa||Joseph Joestar||Caesar A. Zeppeli|
|Rudol von Stroheim||Robert E. O. Speedwagon||Messina||Loggins||Suzi Q|
|Erina Joestar||Smokey Brown||Mark||Mario Zeppeli||George Joestar II|
48 years later, in 1987, Jotaro Kujo, the grandson of Joseph Joestar, is pulled into stopping the reawakened DIO as his resurrection causes Jotaro's mother to fall into a deadly fever. Jotaro, who has now acquired a Stand called Star Platinum, hunts down DIO in Egypt with help from his grandfather Joseph, Muhammad Avdol, Noriaki Kakyoin, Jean Pierre Polnareff and a dog named Iggy. DIO called them the Joestar Egyptian Tour Group (ジョースター・エジプト・ツアー御一行様 Jōsutā Ejiputo Tsuā Goikkōsama).
|The Joestar Group in Stardust Crusaders|
|Joseph Joestar||Jotaro Kujo||Muhammad Avdol|| Noriaki Kakyoin
|Jean Pierre Polnareff||Iggy|
|Holy Kujo||Anne||Suzi Q|| Roses
|SPW Sailors||SPW Pilots||Wealthy Beggar||SPW Doctors|
Diamond is Unbreakable
12 years later, in the year 1999, the illegitimate son of Joseph Joestar, Josuke Higashikata with his Crazy Diamond takes it upon himself to protect Morioh from enemy Stand users after his grandfather is killed. He is aided by Jotaro, his classmates, and a strange mangaka. They target Stand users who use their Stand to harm others such as Angelo, Akira Otoishi, and Yoshikage Kira.
|The Joestar Group in Diamond is Unbreakable|
|Jotaro Kujo||Josuke Higashikata||Koichi Hirose||Okuyasu Nijimura||Rohan Kishibe|
|Hayato Kawajiri||Yukako Yamagishi||Reimi Sugimoto||Joseph Joestar||Mikitaka Hazekura|
|Shigekiyo Yangu||Yuya Fungami||Tamami Kobayashi||Toshikazu Hazamada||Tonio Trussardi|
|Aya Tsuji||Shizuka Joestar||Arnold||SPW Agent||SPW Ship Captain|
In 2001, Giorno Giovanna, the son of DIO, joins Bruno Bucciarati's team of Passione gang members in order to rise within the ranks and overthrow their mysterious boss, who is flooding the streets of Italy with drugs. By doing so, Giorno hopes to set the mafia's moral standards straight again. The group is also aided by Polnareff and Koichi who are members of previous Joestar Groups.
|Bruno Bucciarati||Giorno Giovanna||Guido Mista||Leone Abbacchio||Narancia Ghirga|
|Pannacotta Fugo||Trish Una||Coco Jumbo|
|Jean Pierre Polnareff||Pericolo||Koichi Hirose|
In 2011, Jotaro's estranged daughter, Jolyne Cujoh, is incarcerated for a crime she didn't commit and is in a deadlock against the remnants of DIO, led by his most devout supporter, Enrico Pucci. Her goal is to save her father , escape prison, and survive. She is helped by her father, Emporio Alniño, Ermes Costello, Foo Fighters (F.F), Weather Report, and Anasui.
|The Joestar Group in Stone Ocean|
|Jolyne Cujoh||Emporio Alniño||Jotaro Kujo|| Ermes Costello
|Foo Fighters||Weather Report||Narciso Anasui|
|Gwess||Savage Garden|| SPW Doctors
Steel Ball Run
In an alternate 1890, Johnny Joestar along with Gyro Zeppeli rides coast to coast to compete in the Steel Ball Run. They discover the Saint Corpse Parts while racing, which gives them Stand powers and greatly improves their physical abilities. The duo is hunted by many people during the race, including other racers, mercenaries, & even the president of that time.
|Johnny & Gyro|
|Gyro Zeppeli||Johnny Joestar||Valkyrie|| Slow Dancer
|Lucy Steel||Hot Pants||Mountain Tim||Wekapipo||Steven Steel|
120 years later in 2011, the tentatively named Josuke Higashikata is joined by his love interest Yasuho Hirose, friends from his past and adoptive family, as they work together to discover Josuke's original identity. Their investigations lead them to uncover the Higashikata Family's deepest secret and run afoul of the mysterious Rock Humans.
|Josuke, Yasuho, and Rai|
|Josuke Higashikata||Yasuho Hirose|| Rai Mamezuku
|Norisuke Higashikata IV||Kyo Nijimura||Daiya Higashikata|| Tsurugi Higashikata
|Hato Higashikata||Karera Sakunami||Mitsuba Higashikata|
|Yoshikage Kira|| Josefumi Kujo
- The majority of the groups are not led by the centered JoJo but rather by an ally:
- Part 1's group was initially led by Will Zeppeli before his death, all the while he was teaching Jonathan the basic mechanics of the Ripple.
- Part 2's group was led by Lisa Lisa, the master of Joseph and Caesar, as well as the strategic leader in the war against the Pillar Men.
- Part 3's group was led by Joseph, the eldest of them, who initiates the group's goal to find DIO and fight him in Egypt.
- Part 4's group was led by Jotaro, the main rallying force for the active hunt for dangerous Stand users throughout the part.
- Part 5's group was led by Bucciarati as the direct superior of every member, plus acting as a father figure to the group in general.
- Part 6's group is the first group to be led by the current JoJo, Jolyne. She leads the group's moves and commands the respect of her companions.
- Part 7's duo is a partnership, Gyro and Johnny agreeing to work together to reach each other's goals, however, Gyro is the Spin teacher and thus possesses a tacit leadership role.
- Part 8's group is the second group led by the current JoJo, as Josuke's will to uncover his identity is the main drive behind the duo's actions and later he joins up with Rai Mamezuku in order to retrive the New Locacaca branch.
- With the exception of Part 2 and 4, the majority of those in Joestar Groups dies before the end of their stories with very few carrying over to the next respective part. (i.e. Speedwagon, Joseph, Polnareff, Jotaro, and Koichi).
- Though not initially planned, Araki threw around the idea of Hol Horse joining the protagonists of Stardust Crusaders during their journey, but opted out due to balance issues with Polnareff's similar character. Araki mentions this is part of the reason Hol Horse shows up multiple times throughout the story and why there is at least one group shot with Hol Horse present.
|Heroes and Main Allies|