|“||Any Stand that Avdol hits head-on... finds itself melted in the crossfire!||”|
Magician's Red appears as a humanoid figure with a bird-like head. It has a heavily muscular upper body and its feathered legs are sometimes covered in burning flames. Its arms have claws instead of nails and it wears dark bracelets on both of its wrists. Originally, the Stand was barefooted, but during Avdol's return, it wore Arabian shoes.
Magician's Red is generally depicted as having a red body, befitting its name. The particular shade changing between media, going from bright red to orange. Its feathered body parts are also generally depicted as red, but in ASB, they are blue.
This Stand is based on the first card in the Major ArcanaW tarot deck, The MagicianW; which represents beginnings. It does not show any personality, having a constant aggressive demeanor while listening without fail to its user. Avdol also claims that his Stand does not forgive anyone, even enemy Stand Users.
Muhammad Avdol was naturally born with this Stand. It has full loyalty to his user, having served him its whole life.
Magician's Red is a powerful Stand with an advantage in range thanks to its ability to manipulate fire. Moreover, Magician's Red is still a physically powerful Stand, a single kick of his being able to shatter Judgement's armor, whereas Silver Chariot couldn't. Avdol prefers open spaces in order to use said power more fully.
Magician's Red is capable of generating flames intense enough to evaporate metal projectiles mid-air and slice railroad tracks. Moreover, Magician's Red's flames are not ordinary flames but can be freely manipulated by Avdol. With a thought, the seer can redirect his flames mid-air, give them any shape, control how intense their destructive power is, and even give them other supernatural properties.
As the flames are the product of a Stand, they are invisible to non-Stand users despite still having the same properties as normal flames; non-Stand users merely feel the heat and see the generated heat waves.
It was also shown that Magician's Red flames are vulnerable to water and can be extinguished when doused with it.
Avdol uses several techniques with his flames.
- Cross Fire Hurricane (クロスファイヤーハリケーン Kurosu Faiyā Harikēn): Magician's Red can fire a few salvos of the Crossfire Hurricane, a spectacular signature move that sends forth ankhsW of flame from its mouth in a great storm.
- There is a variation simply called "Crossfire" in the Capcom fighting game, where a single flame ankh is shot out as a projectile.
- Cross Fire Hurricane Variation (
Ｃ・Ｆ・Ｈ・バリエーション Kurosu Faiyā Harikēn Bariēshon)" enables Avdol to be able to manipulate the direction/trajectory of his flame ankhs.
- Cross Fire Hurricane Special (
Ｃ・Ｆ・Ｈ・ＳKurosu Faiyā Harikēn Supesharu): One variation of the Crossfire Hurricane, which splits the ankhs to cover a wider area.
- Red Bind (
赤い荒縄Reddo Baindo, lit. "Red Rough Rope"): Magician's Red can use his flame to tie his opponent, like a rope. With this, Avdol is even capable of imprisoning his enemy's arms and legs to the wall, as well as their neck. By putting a flame too close to the opponent's face, it eventually burns the oxygen around them to the point of suffocating them.
- Life Detector (生物探知機 Seibutsu Tanchi-ki): Magician's Red can produce a "heat radar", a cruciform mass of psychic flame which flickers in response to enemy presence, specifically their heat signature, indicating the location of his heat source based on a compass rose. However, this technique is useless against vampires due to their substantially lower body temperature, which ultimately resulted in Avdol's death to Vanilla Ice.
Chapters / Episodes
Chapters in order of appearance
Episodes in order of appearance
- Magician's Red is the very first Stand fully revealed in the series, its face being shown before even Star Platinum's. Coincidentally, Magician is the first card of the Tarot deck. (If The Fool is counted as number 22 instead of 0)
- The name of Magician's Red's attack, Crossfire Hurricane, comes from the opening line of the Rolling Stones' song "Jumpin' Jack FlashW", which is also the name of Lang Rangler's stand in Stone Ocean.
- ↑ Artbook: JOJOVELLER
- ↑ Chapter 178, Judgement Part 5
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Chapter 116, Jotaro Kujo Part 3
- ↑ Chapter 116, Jotaro Kujo 3
- ↑ Chapter 125, Silver Chariot Part 2
- ↑ Chapter 126, Silver Chariot Part 3
- ↑ Chapter 239, The Mist of Emptiness, Vanilla Ice Part 2