Planet Waves is humanoid in shape, its body covered with a pattern akin to muscle fiber. Its head resembles a human heart with metallic/technological apparatuses.
Planet Waves is red in the colored manga.
Despite having a humanoid body, Planet Waves is not shown personally fighting, thus its physical capabilities are unknown. However, its power over meteoroids makes it dangerous to fight head-on and in the open.
Planet Waves draws distant meteoroids toward its user, colliding with any person or object within their vicinity.
It attracts the small rocks from space, who then fall to Earth precisely toward the user with enough speed that they can tear off chunks of the body and cannot be heard until impact. Moreover, the meteoroids heat up to 3000 °C during their entry, increasing their lethality. The meteors appear in a time span of anywhere from minutes to seconds between each meteor.
To protect the user in the event that a meteor would hit him, they will disintegrate just before making contact, no matter what happens during their descent. However, it can be bypassed by putting an object on the path of the meteor which will absorb the strength of the fall and hit the user with full force.
Although the meteoroids Planet Waves summons are usually small, it can also attract more massive meteors to shoot them through sturdy obstacles like brick walls
Chapters in order of appearance
- Planet Waves was originally called "Earth Wind and Fire" (アース・ウィンド・アンド・ファイヤー Āsu Windo Ando Faiyā), but Araki remembered that he had already used that name for an ability, although it was written differently. "Planet Waves" appeared in the tankobon release.
- Araki states that the sole reason for creating the Stand was because he thought it'd be weird to see meteorites falling from the sky.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 SO Chapter 64, The Secret of Guard Westwood (5)
- ↑ SO Chapter 62, The Secret of Guard Westwood (3)
- ↑ SO Chapter 63, The Secret of Guard Westwood (4)
- ↑ SO Chapter 65: The Secret of Guard Westwood (6) p.6-7
- ↑ SO Chapter 66, The Secret of Guard Westwood (7)
- ↑ SO Chapter 65, The Secret of Guard Westwood (6)
- ↑ JOJOVELLER: STANDS - Comments by Hirohiko Araki