|“||The Stand! It's the whole ship!||”|
—Jotaro Kujo, Chapter 132
Inspired by the famous merchant brigantine, Mary Celeste, Strength is a Stand bound to a small yacht, which is then transformed into a gigantic derelict freighter named "Big Daddy". As a massive ocean liner, it is the largest Stand ever seen.
Disguised as a freighter, Strength is a very powerful Stand bound to take its enemies by surprise and it almost killed the entirety of the Joestar Group at once.
Unfortunately, it is burdened by the cockiness of its user, Forever, who likes to brag and thus exposes himself to retaliation.
Strength is capable of binding itself to a small boat and transforming it into a gigantic freighter.
While Strength is bound to an object, Forever gets unquestionable psychic control over it. Even objects, such as electrical cords, bolts in the hull, and the very floors and walls themselves are bent and twisted to the beck and call of Forever's will. This power can be used to surprise attack those who board the yacht and also allows Forever to travel through the ship's walls and floor as if they were liquid.
Chapters / Episodes
Chapters in order of appearance
Episodes in order of appearance
- Strength's concept was inspired by the real-life ship Mary CelesteW, which was famously found adrift and mysteriously abandoned in the Atlantic Ocean.
- In appearance, Strength resembles the possessed killer freighter from the 1980 horror movie Death Ship. In the OVA, many shots of Strength's interior and machinery also are similar to the ones seen in the movie.
- ↑ Artbook: JOJOVELLER
- ↑ Chapter 130, Strength (1)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Chapter 132, Strength (3)
- ↑ Chapter 133, The Devil (1)
- ↑ Chapter 131, Strength (2)
- ↑ JOJOVELLER: STANDS - Comments by Hirohiko Araki