|“||Simple but powerful, I'm not sure even I could defeat it.||”|
The Fool does not have an actual psychic manifestation (i.e. it is not normally visible), but instead takes its form by manipulating sand and dust particles in the environment (and as such, it is one of the few Stands truly visible to everyone, not only to Stand users). It is, for all intents and purposes, simply bound to sand, being a construct of sand and dirt. However, because it is controlled by Iggy, it can take on several different forms, depending on what Iggy wants.
The main form it takes (and is possibly its true appearance) is that of a mechanical, quadruped creature, combined with something like a car chassisW, with thick wheels for hind legs, and pawed mechanical front legs equipped with two to three cables, each linking the paws to the body. Its head and face are comprised of a growling tribal mask with eight or nine feathers sticking from its head.
The Fool's color schemes vary from medium to medium, although its abdomen and shoulders are consistently portrayed as being jet black. In the colored manga, The Fool's head, muscle pads and arms are bright yellow. In the anime, they are portrayed as being grey. In the OVA, they are portrayed as being brown like rocks. Moreover, the set of feathers adorning its head is consistently portrayed as being white.
This Stand represents the Tarot Card The FoolW, which represents innocence, spontaneity, and the idea of being a "wild card" in the greater scheme of things (The Fool, although part of the Major Arcana, does not have a specific place in the deck; it is depicted here as a zero card, but The Fool has also been unnumbered).
As a Stand with a basic-but-versatile power, The Fool is described as the epitome of "the simplest way is the best way".
Sand ManifestationThe Fool manifests itself as a pile of sand that Iggy manipulates.
Despite this nature, The Fool is remarkably powerful. Much like Muhammad Avdol's Magician's Red, Iggy is free to manipulate the sand as he sees fit and the sand doesn't behave like normal sand, being immune to being soaked for instance or changing density to trap an object inside it.
As The Fool is only bound to the sand it manipulates, it cannot be harmed in any way (attacking it would just mean attacking a pile of dirt), and as such, Iggy cannot and will not be harmed if the Stand is attacked.
- Shapeshifting: The Fool is able to take the shape of anything Iggy wants, from living people (such as when Iggy tried to fool Vanilla Ice by mimicking DIO with The Fool) to just objects that are useful to Iggy. For instance, a glider or a protective dome of sand, even changing the color of sand to fit the desired object.
- Sand Manipulation: in addition, the user can also manipulate the sand in the immediate area around them. in Heritage For The Future Iggy used fire sand balls.
Chapters / Episodes
Chapters in order of appearance
Episodes in order of appearance
- ↑ JOJOVELLER
- ↑ Chapter 241, The Mist of Emptiness, Vanilla Ice Part 4
- ↑ Chapter 186, "The Fool" Iggy and "God Geb" N'Doul Part 4
- ↑ Chapter 225, The Gatekeeper of Hell, Pet Shop Part 4