FANDOM


  • (spoilers: I'm gonna be name-dropping some Stands and Stand abilities from Part 6-7)

    No, there are no loopholes. No hidden tactics, technicalities or rules regarding Requiem that you can exploit. Aside from the non-canon The World Over Heaven, Gold Experience Requiem is the strongest Stand in the entire series, beating out Tusk ACT 4, D4C:LT, Bohemian Rhapsody, Made in Heaven, you name it. Here's why:

    Gold Experience Requiem's ability isn't time reversal. It's not attack-based, it doesn't require conscious thought, and you can be damn sure there's no way to blitz it. It's nullification, quite simply. If something happens that Giorno wouldn't want to happen, Requiem says "no" and it doesn't happen. If you use your Stand ability to try and circumvent its power, say if Rohan tried to make himself immune to it or if Bohemian Rhapsody tried to summon a character who could defeat it, it won't work. You can stop time all you want, you can steal as many Stands as you want, you can reset the universe as many times as you want; nothing will ever work, period. Johnny activates ACT 4? No, he didn't. Johnny never even got on his horse and the Infinite Spin was never channeled. Valentine tries to send away Giorno's attacks? Nope, Requiem steps in and says he never got the Corpse Parts in the first place. There is no 'time limit' as to how far back its nullification can go, hell it's shown that it can even reset life and death itself. Giorno could just say that the action of you living never happened, which is literally what he does to Diavolo. The following is a list of bulletpoints. This is my evidence.

    Point one: Requiem, and by extension its ability, Return to Zero, transcend time itself and will continue to exist and take effect in a pocket where time does not (i.e King Crimson). It's shown in the Risotto vs. Doppio fight that nothing except Diavolo exists in erased time, meaning physical objects become intangible if they are fated to move in that duration. On top of that, Requiem outright contradicts Epitaph's prediction, meaning that it isn't bound to fate itself, unlike Made in Heaven. All this points towards the fact that Requiem is not 'wrangled' by any higher power, not time, space, fate or anything of the sort.

    Now, for point two: the infinite death loop does not require that Giorno kill the target for it to take effect. Remember, Trish says that she can still sense Diavolo long after he was put into his death loop, and it's never shown that Requiem's blows were particularly lethal. Going by how Gold Experience's original ability required physical contact with a target to function, we can deduce that the only thing required to place a target in a death loop is simply striking them. This is confirmed in its stat page. Avert your eyes to the following, ladies and gentlemen:

    G.E.R.







    So, how exactly does it do such a thing? If Trish could still sense Diavolo, then that means he couldn't have been physically transported anywhere. That's where another teeny-tiny detail comes into play: Gold Experience Requiem creates a fucking pocket dimension to inflict eternal suffering upon you. The deaths Diavolo experienced were clearly 'fake', as all of them were rigged in order to ensure he would die, meaning that it wasn't just sending him on a cross-country trip into convenient situations where he'd just happen to die. He couldn't summon King Crimson to punch away incoming traffic or erase time to make himself invulnerable briefly, which, on top of that means that it disarms the target of any abilities that could potentially enable them to escape the death loop. Yeah, you won't be getting out anytime soon.

    Lastly, point numero tres, and arguably the most absurd implication that Requiem's power has to offer: a lot of things constitute actions. Eating, walking, seeing, breathing, and even thinking. I've pondered over what Requiem meant when it said that even Giorno didn't know the full extent of its power. Action nullification is pretty simple, isn't it? Something happens, except it doesn't. And that's when it hit me: it's not just that. The act of existing is an action. That's right, I believe that Gold Experience Requiem has the power to erase you from fucking existence. Or, if it wants to, it could just nullify every action you've ever done in your life, every thought you've ever thought, every influence you've had on another person's life. And then, to make sure those actions will never happen ever again, all it has to do is kill you. No, this isn't a stretch. By sheer virtue of a technicality, Gold Experience Requiem quite possibly may have the power to remove anything Giorno wouldn't want from this world. It's just unfortunate that we'll never get to see it again.

      Loading editor
    • You have many great points in this piece my friend. It's very convincing. I believe that we have found one of the most powerful anime/manga characters of all time. Watchmojo may need to update their list now considering just how broken this stand is.

      I do have one question though: How do you know that Gold Experience Requiem creates a pocket dimention for those who are in an infinite death loop? I don't believe it was ever addressed in the manga so I am just curious on how this works. 

        Loading editor
    • The ability of GER is so absurd. I cannot stress enough how much I hate this. At least for Jotaro, who has the biggest ass-pull abilities, has some kind of weakness. Then there is Giorno, who cannot be beaten whatsoever. The idea of the protagonist so powerful that they become a literal god always make me want to roll my eyeballs. I just hate OP protagonist.

        Loading editor
    • Hoang V Ho wrote: The ability of GER is so absurd. I cannot stress enough how much I hate this. At least for Jotaro, who has the biggest ass-pull abilities, has some kind of weakness. Then there is Giorno, who cannot be beaten whatsoever. The idea of the protagonist so powerful that they become a literal god always make me want to roll my eyeballs. I just hate OP protagonist.

      He only became so powerful at the end.

        Loading editor
    • Under certain circumstances Death Thirteen could defeat Girno, but yeah GER is ridiculously strong.

        Loading editor
    • Also Giorno could theoretically halt the aging process. Aging is an action, he could just revert the action of aging past his age to zero, and never age or die. 

        Loading editor
    • ArrowheadStands wrote:
      You have many great points in this piece my friend. It's very convincing. I believe that we have found one of the most powerful anime/manga characters of all time. Watchmojo may need to update their list now considering just how broken this stand is.

      I do have one question though: How do you know that Gold Experience Requiem creates a pocket dimention for those who are in an infinite death loop? I don't believe it was ever addressed in the manga so I am just curious on how this works. 

      It was never adressed, no. I found a different translation of the stat page that says that GER pulls the target into another realm to repeatedly kill them, but I can't ascertain the validity of it. My main reason for believing this is that Diavolo would have to remain in his current location for Trish to continue to be able to sense him, but also constantly be stuck in the completely real border between life and death. It's not an illusion, as Requiem's stat page states that it does, quite literally, force the target into a death loop, but it doesn't seem to physically move them into life-or-death situations, only create those situations for them to experience. That is why it is my belief that Requiem only opens up a pocket in reality and creates scenarios that kill Diavolo, then proceeds to 'reset' his death and continue the cycle.

        Loading editor
    • Vista9478 wrote:
      Under certain circumstances Death Thirteen could defeat Girno, but yeah GER is ridiculously strong.

      It could not. Being a sentient Stand that can act without Giorno's direct input (as shown when it protected him from Diavolo, despite the fact that Giorno was still affected by King Crimson's time-erasure) on top of the fact that it was able to invade Diavolo's time-erase space, it could probably invade Death Thirteen's dream world as well.

        Loading editor
    • Infant's Isopod wrote:
      Vista9478 wrote:
      Under certain circumstances Death Thirteen could defeat Girno, but yeah GER is ridiculously strong.
      It could not. Being a sentient Stand that can act without Giorno's direct input (as shown when it protected him from Diavolo, despite the fact that Giorno was still affected by King Crimson's time-erasure) on top of the fact that it was able to invade Diavolo's time-erase space, it could probably invade Death Thirteen's dream world as well.

      the only way to have your stand in the dream world is by going to sleep with your stand activated but even then i think GER can revert it where they aren't sleeping and GER just kills the stand user

        Loading editor
    • BronzeSeiya
      BronzeSeiya removed this reply because:
      Changed my mind
      00:34, November 28, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Killerjack12346 wrote:

      the only way to have your stand in the dream world is by going to sleep with your stand activated but even then i think GER can revert it where they aren't sleeping and GER just kills the stand user

      thats like saying GER can't invade Time erasure because only king crimson can move in erased time. Anyway I thought about it alot and the only stand that would manage to "kill" GER would probably be Rolling Stones. Since it is the only thing in JoJo that instantly kills someone and is also controlled by fate.

        Loading editor
    • I think GER can be countered by someone who can negate abilities, such as Osamu Dazai from Bungou Stray Dogs. If you negate GER’s power and kill Giorno, GER will disappear like any other Stand, and will not be able to revert Giorno’s death.

      Also, GER can be defeated by someone with a more advanced reality-warping power. It’s the same as having an immensely strong person. This person will seem invincible in comparison to a normal human, but he/she can still be defeated by someone stronger. It happens all the time in comics and in many works of fiction. The main reason Giorno is OP is because he is the only one with reality-warping powers in JoJo. The World Over Heaven is a great example, even if he’s not canon.

      So he is not truly unbeatable, but you need very specific conditions to defeat him. Currently, I don’t think anyone in JoJo could defeat him, because nobody has the means to. The only possible challenger would be Chariot Requiem, but it’s not available anymore, is it? Notorious B.I.G and Ultimate Kars could possibly stalemate him, though, as they can’t kill him, but cannot die either, so they won’t activate the death loop.

        Loading editor
    • In general, when reality-warpers fight against other reality-warpers, rules of abilities get thrown out the window and it purely becomes a battle of who's strongest, aka who has the best feats. Because warping reality causes all the rules to change anyway.

      This is why GER is a problem child for versus fights. We only ever see it used like twice, and it's left deliberately ambiguous what its limits are.

        Loading editor
    • guys gers ability is fate maniputaion thats how he makes things not happen thats how he makes the infinte death loop but since tusk defies fate  and d4c cant be affected by anyone the only reason ger is so op its cause no one can just affect him at a fundimental level its cause his fate manipulation is only affected by things that can break reality so for tusk. johnny would be affected but tusk wouldnt. d4c could just say no im not coming out of lovetrain also the thing that is weird is return to zero is a passive ability so if you can just get past that ger is only as dangerous as made in heaven also made in heaven if charged could take giorno out of reality. also keep in mind we dont know alot of what tusk can do

        Loading editor
    • also yes if death 13 gets giorno that would be clean

        Loading editor
    • it actually doesn't change fate, Diavolo's epitpah is correct when it shows King Crimson killing Giorno.

        Loading editor
    • he did that before ger came out

        Loading editor
    • GER's ability isn't that he controls fate, it's just that he resets any action to a point where it never occured, the infinite death loop is created by Diavolo's death being reset every time it occurs. Tusk doesn't defy fate, it controls gravity, which wouldn't help defend against GER. And yeah GER couldn't break Love Train, but it could certainly destroy Valentine and D4C, even if Love Train is active.

      Nothing in canon will ever be able to beat GER, because any action that tries to affect it will be reset back to zero, and all attempts to beat GER will include an action at somepoint. Death 13 definitely can't beat it since "pulling someone into the dream world" is an action that can be undone, and GER, being a sentient stand, will do so automatically.

        Loading editor
    • "The strength of an attackers will and actions will be reverted to zero.

      The key word here is "attacker". GER will only activate its ability against actions taken directly against Giorno/GER or with the intent of affecting Giorno/GER directly.

        Loading editor
    • um yeah thats it thats why ger wouldnt affect love train one lovetrain is defensive also i am pretty sure that ger sending diavolo into infinte death is fate manipulation also yes if death 13 put giorno in a dream ger cant do anything

        Loading editor
    • also tusk is weird cause its still funchinal when the user is dead so its kinda weird so just my opinion johnny would be affected but tusk wouldnt also if ger tries to punch tusk hed die cuase the only thing that can reset spin is spin so ger could kill tusk just not directly

        Loading editor
    • Diavolo's death loop isn't fate manipulation, GER just resets his death to zero everytime he dies. Also the action of pulling someone into a dream can be undone, and GER can 100% reset the action of activating the infinite rotation.

        Loading editor
    • eh well we dont know if ger could do that. but going of what we know the only thing to reset spin is spin and giorno has  to go to sleep for death 13 too actiavate and i doubt that ger is active while giorno is sleeping also death 13 is also passive so no he didnt attack giorno so return to zero cant activate also we dont know alot about tusk or ger so we well never know the. only new thing we know about tusk is that it persised after death of the user also after that in a interview after stone ocean he said that diavolo is still in a loop so yeah

        Loading editor
    • GER is sentient, freaking Giorno doesn't even activate rtz which means GER is activates on its own. Guys, think about it, if someone acidentally shot Giorno with a boozaka, wouldn't GER use rtz on it? Like serious? GER can't se rtz just because the person didn't have any ill intention? I'm pretty sure GER can use rtz regardless of an attack happened.

        Loading editor
    • Your not wrong  but you can't use your stand in death 13 and........with tusk...hmm

        Loading editor
    • https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Arigarmy/Gold_Experience_Requiem

      "Aside from the non-canon The World Over Heaven" -

      Araki not only illustrated the characters, he also made the plot of it, therefore it is canon. Tusk Act 4 and GER would nullify each other, because as stated in the stand description you posted, actions are reset to zero and Tusk Act 4 has infinite power, which is equivalent to 4th dimensional power.

      "Giorno could just say that the action of you living never happened, which is literally what he does to Diavolo." -

      GER can only revert things back to zero that he witnessed. Nothing that happened before it's existence/activation. It also can't revert something that never happened, so GER had to kill Diavolo first in order to loop that certain event over and over again. You said that GER has no loopholes, but GER only reverts things back to zero if Giorno deems it as evil and us not knowing how to exploit it, wouldn't be proof enough to know it doesn't work.

      "It's shown in the Risotto vs. Doppio fight that nothing except Diavolo exists in erased time, meaning physical objects become intangible if they are fated to move in that duration." - Someone didn't get how King Crimson works, huh? If nothing but Diavolo existed in erased time, why did he precisely erase time to literally avoid bullets. The entire world still exists and works just as normally as ever even when time is erased. But since "time" doesn't exist that moment for anyone but Diavolo, every event happens infinitely fast for them and Diavolo can't interact with anything in the world. This means that GER merely remained consciousness and the perception of time. You don't need to exist outside of time and space for this. Not to mention that IF GER were to exist outside of space and time, it wouldn't be able to interact with the 3D world, because according to physics, GER would literally create energy out of nowhere and destroy balance. If time didn't exist, everything would happen infinitely fast.

      " the infinite death loop does not require that Giorno kill the target for it to take effect." - 

      "Those who are struck by this power will have even their deaths reverted to zero" - Being struck by the power of reversion, not punches. 

      The description of the stand ability is just one example of what GER could do. It's like saying: "Wow, he can even do that!" Nothing more.

      GER only has one power and that is to nullify actions. Existing is not an action btw, it's a state. It is literally just utilizing its power to nullfy actions, no matter what GER does. There's nothing more. You interprete way too much into this.

        Loading editor
    • Paul7889 wrote:
      https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Arigarmy/Gold_Experience_Requiem

      "Aside from the non-canon The World Over Heaven" -

      Araki not only illustrated the characters, he also made the plot of it, therefore it is canon. Tusk Act 4 and GER would nullify each other, because as stated in the stand description you posted, actions are reset to zero and Tusk Act 4 has infinite power, which is equivalent to 4th dimensional power.

      "Giorno could just say that the action of you living never happened, which is literally what he does to Diavolo." -

      GER can only revert things back to zero that he witnessed. Nothing that happened before it's existence/activation. It also can't revert something that never happened, so GER had to kill Diavolo first in order to loop that certain event over and over again. You said that GER has no loopholes, but GER only reverts things back to zero if Giorno deems it as evil and us not knowing how to exploit it, wouldn't be proof enough to know it doesn't work.

      "It's shown in the Risotto vs. Doppio fight that nothing except Diavolo exists in erased time, meaning physical objects become intangible if they are fated to move in that duration." - Someone didn't get how King Crimson works, huh? If nothing but Diavolo existed in erased time, why did he precisely erase time to literally avoid bullets. The entire world still exists and works just as normally as ever even when time is erased. But since "time" doesn't exist that moment for anyone but Diavolo, every event happens infinitely fast for them and Diavolo can't interact with anything in the world. This means that GER merely remained consciousness and the perception of time. You don't need to exist outside of time and space for this. Not to mention that IF GER were to exist outside of space and time, it wouldn't be able to interact with the 3D world, because according to physics, GER would literally create energy out of nowhere and destroy balance. If time didn't exist, everything would happen infinitely fast.

      " the infinite death loop does not require that Giorno kill the target for it to take effect." - 

      "Those who are struck by this power will have even their deaths reverted to zero" - Being struck by the power of reversion, not punches. 

      The description of the stand ability is just one example of what GER could do. It's like saying: "Wow, he can even do that!" Nothing more.

      GER only has one power and that is to nullify actions. Existing is not an action btw, it's a state. It is literally just utilizing its power to nullfy actions, no matter what GER does. There's nothing more. You interprete way too much into this.

      i cant believe we are having vs battle wiki like debates on the jojo wiki

        Loading editor
    • The World Over Heaven is not canon. Araki did not make the story of Eyes of Heaven, he oversaw it. Even if he was the sole writer of that storyline, which e wasn't, that doesn't make it canon. The World Over Heaven is not canon, and will never be canon, so stop arguing that it is canon

        Loading editor
    • everytime you say canon i will actually drink a can of coke.

      5 times. wow im gonna hate myself today

        Loading editor
    • Paul7889 wrote: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Arigarmy/Gold_Experience_Requiem

      "Aside from the non-canon The World Over Heaven" -

      Araki not only illustrated the characters, he also made the plot of it, therefore it is canon. Tusk Act 4 and GER would nullify each other, because as stated in the stand description you posted, actions are reset to zero and Tusk Act 4 has infinite power, which is equivalent to 4th dimensional power.

      "Giorno could just say that the action of you living never happened, which is literally what he does to Diavolo." -

      GER can only revert things back to zero that he witnessed. Nothing that happened before it's existence/activation. It also can't revert something that never happened, so GER had to kill Diavolo first in order to loop that certain event over and over again. You said that GER has no loopholes, but GER only reverts things back to zero if Giorno deems it as evil and us not knowing how to exploit it, wouldn't be proof enough to know it doesn't work.

      "It's shown in the Risotto vs. Doppio fight that nothing except Diavolo exists in erased time, meaning physical objects become intangible if they are fated to move in that duration." - Someone didn't get how King Crimson works, huh? If nothing but Diavolo existed in erased time, why did he precisely erase time to literally avoid bullets. The entire world still exists and works just as normally as ever even when time is erased. But since "time" doesn't exist that moment for anyone but Diavolo, every event happens infinitely fast for them and Diavolo can't interact with anything in the world. This means that GER merely remained consciousness and the perception of time. You don't need to exist outside of time and space for this. Not to mention that IF GER were to exist outside of space and time, it wouldn't be able to interact with the 3D world, because according to physics, GER would literally create energy out of nowhere and destroy balance. If time didn't exist, everything would happen infinitely fast.

      " the infinite death loop does not require that Giorno kill the target for it to take effect." - 

      "Those who are struck by this power will have even their deaths reverted to zero" - Being struck by the power of reversion, not punches. 

      The description of the stand ability is just one example of what GER could do. It's like saying: "Wow, he can even do that!" Nothing more.

      GER only has one power and that is to nullify actions. Existing is not an action btw, it's a state. It is literally just utilizing its power to nullfy actions, no matter what GER does. There's nothing more. You interprete way too much into this.

      What the hell are you even on, my guy?

      The World Over Heaven is not canon. As stated above, Araki did not write the story for Eyes of Heaven but "oversaw" it, which could mean anything from giving a single idea to looking at the final product and saying "sure, whatever". We have no idea how involved he was, but considering how badly Eyes of Heaven contradicts canon, I'd say he probably wasn't very involved. Regardless, Eyes of Heaven is not canon and neither is The World Over Heaven.

      I don't know where you got this bizarre idea that erased time is somehow related to "infinite speed". That's never mentioned anywhere, not in source material or out of it. Not only that, we say how infinite speed works in the form of Made in Heaven, which functions dramatically differently from King Crimson. Diavolo removes himself from the flow of linear time for 10 seconds so as to defy Epitaph's predictions while erasing the time in which he was absent. GER's ability to interact with and communicate with Diavolo during time that doesn't exist is an indicator of acausality, where it is not bound by the rules of cause and effect and hence not limited by time and space as we understand it.

      We don't know if Giorno has to directly kill someone in order to activate the infinite death loops. We don't even know what "having your will set to zero" actually means. We can't argue for or against those abilities entirely because we don't know how they work or what their limitations are. What we DO know is that GER is capable of automatically protecting Giorno, even during time that doesn't exist. We know that Giorno can control GER to some degree, as he directed it to attack Diavolo and knew about the infinite death loops. And we know that GER is physically capable enough to overpower even a strong Stand like King Crimson in direct combat.

      I don't believe that GER is all powerful. There are obvious limits to what it's capable of. It can't just will people not to exist, and it probably can't RtZ anything prior to its own existence, either as a hard limitation or because it would change events to much that GER might not exist. But it's still undoubtedly the strongest Stand in the series so far and no other Stand can actually take it out.

        Loading editor
    • Kingasdfg wrote:

      Paul7889 wrote: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Arigarmy/Gold_Experience_Requiem

      "Aside from the non-canon The World Over Heaven" -

      Araki not only illustrated the characters, he also made the plot of it, therefore it is canon. Tusk Act 4 and GER would nullify each other, because as stated in the stand description you posted, actions are reset to zero and Tusk Act 4 has infinite power, which is equivalent to 4th dimensional power.

      "Giorno could just say that the action of you living never happened, which is literally what he does to Diavolo." -

      GER can only revert things back to zero that he witnessed. Nothing that happened before it's existence/activation. It also can't revert something that never happened, so GER had to kill Diavolo first in order to loop that certain event over and over again. You said that GER has no loopholes, but GER only reverts things back to zero if Giorno deems it as evil and us not knowing how to exploit it, wouldn't be proof enough to know it doesn't work.

      "It's shown in the Risotto vs. Doppio fight that nothing except Diavolo exists in erased time, meaning physical objects become intangible if they are fated to move in that duration." - Someone didn't get how King Crimson works, huh? If nothing but Diavolo existed in erased time, why did he precisely erase time to literally avoid bullets. The entire world still exists and works just as normally as ever even when time is erased. But since "time" doesn't exist that moment for anyone but Diavolo, every event happens infinitely fast for them and Diavolo can't interact with anything in the world. This means that GER merely remained consciousness and the perception of time. You don't need to exist outside of time and space for this. Not to mention that IF GER were to exist outside of space and time, it wouldn't be able to interact with the 3D world, because according to physics, GER would literally create energy out of nowhere and destroy balance. If time didn't exist, everything would happen infinitely fast.

      " the infinite death loop does not require that Giorno kill the target for it to take effect." - 

      "Those who are struck by this power will have even their deaths reverted to zero" - Being struck by the power of reversion, not punches. 

      The description of the stand ability is just one example of what GER could do. It's like saying: "Wow, he can even do that!" Nothing more.

      GER only has one power and that is to nullify actions. Existing is not an action btw, it's a state. It is literally just utilizing its power to nullfy actions, no matter what GER does. There's nothing more. You interprete way too much into this.

      What the hell are you even on, my guy?

      The World Over Heaven is not canon. As stated above, Araki did not write the story for Eyes of Heaven but "oversaw" it, which could mean anything from giving a single idea to looking at the final product and saying "sure, whatever". We have no idea how involved he was, but considering how badly Eyes of Heaven contradicts canon, I'd say he probably wasn't very involved. Regardless, Eyes of Heaven is not canon and neither is The World Over Heaven.

      I don't know where you got this bizarre idea that erased time is somehow related to "infinite speed". That's never mentioned anywhere, not in source material or out of it. Not only that, we say how infinite speed works in the form of Made in Heaven, which functions dramatically differently from King Crimson. Diavolo removes himself from the flow of linear time for 10 seconds so as to defy Epitaph's predictions while erasing the time in which he was absent. GER's ability to interact with and communicate with Diavolo during time that doesn't exist is an indicator of acausality, where it is not bound by the rules of cause and effect and hence not limited by time and space as we understand it.

      We don't know if Giorno has to directly kill someone in order to activate the infinite death loops. We don't even know what "having your will set to zero" actually means. We can't argue for or against those abilities entirely because we don't know how they work or what their limitations are. What we DO know is that GER is capable of automatically protecting Giorno, even during time that doesn't exist. We know that Giorno can control GER to some degree, as he directed it to attack Diavolo and knew about the infinite death loops. And we know that GER is physically capable enough to overpower even a strong Stand like King Crimson in direct combat.

      I don't believe that GER is all powerful. There are obvious limits to what it's capable of. It can't just will people not to exist, and it probably can't RtZ anything prior to its own existence, either as a hard limitation or because it would change events to much that GER might not exist. But it's still undoubtedly the strongest Stand in the series so far and no other Stand can actually take it out.

      death 13 and rainy day could probably end giorno.

      and i know this is non canon but giorno said in PHF that he didnt want any problems with fugo when he got distortion.

      im not gonna bring in tusk because i already see what happens when you bring tusk in debates

        Loading editor
    • Thebannanaworkshop wrote:

      death 13 and rainy day could probably end giorno.

      and i know this is non canon but giorno said in PHF that he didnt want any problems with fugo when he got distortion.

      im not gonna bring in tusk because i already see what happens when you bring tusk in debates

      Yeah that Star Platinum vs Tusk ACT 4 debate is solid proof that we probably shouldn't bring ACT 4 into this debate.

      I dunno about Rainy Day Dream Away because that doesn't actually stop Giorno from using Requiem, but Death 13 could totally take him out in his sleep. But I'm not sure that counts because Death 13 wouldn't actually be fighting GER in that case, just Giorno.

      I dunno about Distortion either. I don't think Giorno was directly viewing Fugo as a threat to himself, but rather a threat to his organization if he goes crazy with PHD. Requiem should feasibly counter anything Purple Haze could do if they fought directly. It's possible that GER isn't a permanent upgrade, and Giorno needs access to the arrow to use it? Unlike Chariot, GER straight up fused with the arrow when he was summoned, which might indicate a need for the arrow to use it.

      That's mostly speculation though since, sadly, Purple Haze Feedback isn't canon.

        Loading editor
    • Kingasdfg wrote:

      Paul7889 wrote: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Arigarmy/Gold_Experience_Requiem

      "Aside from the non-canon The World Over Heaven" -

      Araki not only illustrated the characters, he also made the plot of it, therefore it is canon. Tusk Act 4 and GER would nullify each other, because as stated in the stand description you posted, actions are reset to zero and Tusk Act 4 has infinite power, which is equivalent to 4th dimensional power.

      "Giorno could just say that the action of you living never happened, which is literally what he does to Diavolo." -

      GER can only revert things back to zero that he witnessed. Nothing that happened before it's existence/activation. It also can't revert something that never happened, so GER had to kill Diavolo first in order to loop that certain event over and over again. You said that GER has no loopholes, but GER only reverts things back to zero if Giorno deems it as evil and us not knowing how to exploit it, wouldn't be proof enough to know it doesn't work.

      "It's shown in the Risotto vs. Doppio fight that nothing except Diavolo exists in erased time, meaning physical objects become intangible if they are fated to move in that duration." - Someone didn't get how King Crimson works, huh? If nothing but Diavolo existed in erased time, why did he precisely erase time to literally avoid bullets. The entire world still exists and works just as normally as ever even when time is erased. But since "time" doesn't exist that moment for anyone but Diavolo, every event happens infinitely fast for them and Diavolo can't interact with anything in the world. This means that GER merely remained consciousness and the perception of time. You don't need to exist outside of time and space for this. Not to mention that IF GER were to exist outside of space and time, it wouldn't be able to interact with the 3D world, because according to physics, GER would literally create energy out of nowhere and destroy balance. If time didn't exist, everything would happen infinitely fast.

      " the infinite death loop does not require that Giorno kill the target for it to take effect." - 

      "Those who are struck by this power will have even their deaths reverted to zero" - Being struck by the power of reversion, not punches. 

      The description of the stand ability is just one example of what GER could do. It's like saying: "Wow, he can even do that!" Nothing more.

      GER only has one power and that is to nullify actions. Existing is not an action btw, it's a state. It is literally just utilizing its power to nullfy actions, no matter what GER does. There's nothing more. You interprete way too much into this.

      What the hell are you even on, my guy?

      The World Over Heaven is not canon. As stated above, Araki did not write the story for Eyes of Heaven but "oversaw" it, which could mean anything from giving a single idea to looking at the final product and saying "sure, whatever". We have no idea how involved he was, but considering how badly Eyes of Heaven contradicts canon, I'd say he probably wasn't very involved. Regardless, Eyes of Heaven is not canon and neither is The World Over Heaven.

      I don't know where you got this bizarre idea that erased time is somehow related to "infinite speed". That's never mentioned anywhere, not in source material or out of it. Not only that, we say how infinite speed works in the form of Made in Heaven, which functions dramatically differently from King Crimson. Diavolo removes himself from the flow of linear time for 10 seconds so as to defy Epitaph's predictions while erasing the time in which he was absent. GER's ability to interact with and communicate with Diavolo during time that doesn't exist is an indicator of acausality, where it is not bound by the rules of cause and effect and hence not limited by time and space as we understand it.

      We don't know if Giorno has to directly kill someone in order to activate the infinite death loops. We don't even know what "having your will set to zero" actually means. We can't argue for or against those abilities entirely because we don't know how they work or what their limitations are. What we DO know is that GER is capable of automatically protecting Giorno, even during time that doesn't exist. We know that Giorno can control GER to some degree, as he directed it to attack Diavolo and knew about the infinite death loops. And we know that GER is physically capable enough to overpower even a strong Stand like King Crimson in direct combat.

      I don't believe that GER is all powerful. There are obvious limits to what it's capable of. It can't just will people not to exist, and it probably can't RtZ anything prior to its own existence, either as a hard limitation or because it would change events to much that GER might not exist. But it's still undoubtedly the strongest Stand in the series so far and no other Stand can actually take it out.

      I guess you are right with Eyes of Heaven being non-canon, even though Araki supervised it, but I still believe it portrays the power scaling in a certain way. I think we can all agree that GER can't beat Over Heaven stands.

      "I don't know where you got this bizarre idea that erased time is somehow related to "infinite speed"." 

      As I said already, if time didn't exist, everything would happen instantly. Time just exists so it seems like stuff progresses slowly. This doesn't have to be stated anywhere, it's logic and physic. Since time doesn't exist for anyone but Diavolo, other characters seem to have a cut in their point of view, because they still did everything they would normally do. This looks like to me as if only their perception of time is gone, nothing more. That's comparable to sleeping and GER was able to stay awake. So when Diavolo erases time, everyone is still existing. Time doesn't decide if something can happen or not. Actually, this just means that saying that KC "erases time" is just blantly wrong. The ability does something completely different. Erasing time doesn't make you intangible to the normal world. That would be existing outside of space-time. All of it speaks for this. He can't interact with the normal world anymore, but at the same time everyone else loses their perception of time. GER didn't actually interact with Diavolo himself while time was "erased", but he could speak I guess. This makes GER 4th dimensional at least. You know that GER's ability is to neutralize an event, so I strongly believe that GER has to kill someone in order to neutralize the death and then kills again over and over again. 
      GER Chart
        Loading editor
    • Paul7889 wrote:
      Kingasdfg wrote:

      Paul7889 wrote: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Arigarmy/Gold_Experience_Requiem

      "Aside from the non-canon The World Over Heaven" -

      Araki not only illustrated the characters, he also made the plot of it, therefore it is canon. Tusk Act 4 and GER would nullify each other, because as stated in the stand description you posted, actions are reset to zero and Tusk Act 4 has infinite power, which is equivalent to 4th dimensional power.

      "Giorno could just say that the action of you living never happened, which is literally what he does to Diavolo." -

      GER can only revert things back to zero that he witnessed. Nothing that happened before it's existence/activation. It also can't revert something that never happened, so GER had to kill Diavolo first in order to loop that certain event over and over again. You said that GER has no loopholes, but GER only reverts things back to zero if Giorno deems it as evil and us not knowing how to exploit it, wouldn't be proof enough to know it doesn't work.

      "It's shown in the Risotto vs. Doppio fight that nothing except Diavolo exists in erased time, meaning physical objects become intangible if they are fated to move in that duration." - Someone didn't get how King Crimson works, huh? If nothing but Diavolo existed in erased time, why did he precisely erase time to literally avoid bullets. The entire world still exists and works just as normally as ever even when time is erased. But since "time" doesn't exist that moment for anyone but Diavolo, every event happens infinitely fast for them and Diavolo can't interact with anything in the world. This means that GER merely remained consciousness and the perception of time. You don't need to exist outside of time and space for this. Not to mention that IF GER were to exist outside of space and time, it wouldn't be able to interact with the 3D world, because according to physics, GER would literally create energy out of nowhere and destroy balance. If time didn't exist, everything would happen infinitely fast.

      " the infinite death loop does not require that Giorno kill the target for it to take effect." - 

      "Those who are struck by this power will have even their deaths reverted to zero" - Being struck by the power of reversion, not punches. 

      The description of the stand ability is just one example of what GER could do. It's like saying: "Wow, he can even do that!" Nothing more.

      GER only has one power and that is to nullify actions. Existing is not an action btw, it's a state. It is literally just utilizing its power to nullfy actions, no matter what GER does. There's nothing more. You interprete way too much into this.

      What the hell are you even on, my guy?

      The World Over Heaven is not canon. As stated above, Araki did not write the story for Eyes of Heaven but "oversaw" it, which could mean anything from giving a single idea to looking at the final product and saying "sure, whatever". We have no idea how involved he was, but considering how badly Eyes of Heaven contradicts canon, I'd say he probably wasn't very involved. Regardless, Eyes of Heaven is not canon and neither is The World Over Heaven.

      I don't know where you got this bizarre idea that erased time is somehow related to "infinite speed". That's never mentioned anywhere, not in source material or out of it. Not only that, we say how infinite speed works in the form of Made in Heaven, which functions dramatically differently from King Crimson. Diavolo removes himself from the flow of linear time for 10 seconds so as to defy Epitaph's predictions while erasing the time in which he was absent. GER's ability to interact with and communicate with Diavolo during time that doesn't exist is an indicator of acausality, where it is not bound by the rules of cause and effect and hence not limited by time and space as we understand it.

      We don't know if Giorno has to directly kill someone in order to activate the infinite death loops. We don't even know what "having your will set to zero" actually means. We can't argue for or against those abilities entirely because we don't know how they work or what their limitations are. What we DO know is that GER is capable of automatically protecting Giorno, even during time that doesn't exist. We know that Giorno can control GER to some degree, as he directed it to attack Diavolo and knew about the infinite death loops. And we know that GER is physically capable enough to overpower even a strong Stand like King Crimson in direct combat.

      I don't believe that GER is all powerful. There are obvious limits to what it's capable of. It can't just will people not to exist, and it probably can't RtZ anything prior to its own existence, either as a hard limitation or because it would change events to much that GER might not exist. But it's still undoubtedly the strongest Stand in the series so far and no other Stand can actually take it out.

      I guess you are right with Eyes of Heaven being non-canon, even though Araki supervised it, but I still believe it portrays the power scaling in a certain way. I think we can all agree that GER can't beat Over Heaven stands.

      "I don't know where you got this bizarre idea that erased time is somehow related to "infinite speed"." 

      As I said already, if time didn't exist, everything would happen instantly. Time just exists so it seems like stuff progresses slowly. This doesn't have to be stated anywhere, it's logic and physic. Since time doesn't exist for anyone but Diavolo, other characters seem to have a cut in their point of view, because they still did everything they would normally do. This looks like to me as if only their perception of time is gone, nothing more. That's comparable to sleeping and GER was able to stay awake. So when Diavolo erases time, everyone is still existing. Time doesn't decide if something can happen or not. Actually, this just means that saying that KC "erases time" is just blantly wrong. The ability does something completely different. Erasing time doesn't make you intangible to the normal world. That would be existing outside of space-time. All of it speaks for this. He can't interact with the normal world anymore, but at the same time everyone else loses their perception of time. GER didn't actually interact with Diavolo himself while time was "erased", but he could speak I guess. This makes GER 4th dimensional at least. You know that GER's ability is to neutralize an event, so I strongly believe that GER has to kill someone in order to neutralize the death and then kills again over and over again. 
      GER Chart

      the infinite speed ger debate came from the fact that ger could talk and move in time erase while giorno couldnt.

      but then it was dropped and ger was given unnown speed by many people

        Loading editor
    • Imagine getting punched really hard. That sounds like a pretty solid way to die.

        Loading editor
    • ...teh (YBKK WAS HERE)?!

        Loading editor
    • Just noticed that the logic that GER exists outside of space and time, because it's able to move within erased time, is useless. 

      1. Everyone and everything moves even if time doesn't exist, but noone is aware of their surroundings. In fact, without time everything would happen infinitely fast. 

      2. Diavolo and King Crimson can also exist outside of space and time, but they are still normal 3-Dimensional beings outside of it. This is the equivalent of Jotaro entering DIO's world of stopped time. Jotaro having the same ability is not even the factor that he could, since Tusk Act 4 and Pucci could also move/maintain consciousness within stopped time.

      3. DIO and Jotaro are not moving infinitely fast when they stop time and are therefore 4 dimensional beings, right? If they were, they would destroy the universe each time.

        Loading editor
    • ^Right.

      Also, even though GER moves during Time Skip, it's very likely it's just due to the Arrow granting him immunity to Diavolo's ability, meaning other Stand abilities ( such as Time Stop ) should still work without an issue. 

        Loading editor
    • Mystic Mania wrote:
      ^Right.

      Also, even though GER moves during Time Skip, it's very likely it's just due to the Arrow granting him immunity to Diavolo's ability, meaning other Stand abilities ( such as Time Stop ) should still work without an issue. 

      thats arugable...because ger does say that no one who stands before him will ever reach the truth which according to the manga makes it seem like he is saying that rtz will always work.

      also..it does bother me because time erasure is much harder to move and exist in. while timestop simplyis less hard to get through on paper.

        Loading editor
    • Yes I am, Bannana. LOL.

        Loading editor
    • Giorno knows not only of time skip, but he gets how it works too. Time skip killed like

      three of his friends, so I think it's safe to say he'd want to counter it. The Arrow, very likely, let his Stand just ignore it. There's also no other real explanation as to how GER was moving and speaking during Time Skip.

        Loading editor
    • i just surpised about this ger debate i think ger is op because of what the dude all the way at the benging said 

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.