FANDOM


  • They're all equal, the reason Diavolo and the others went towards Polnareff's arrow so desperately was due to it being the nearest arrow around: the one who'd get it would get Requiem. The main issue is the ambiguity of Requiems and all that.You can even notice in the dialogues how they always talk about "the arrow": never mention it at "that arrow" or "requiem arrow". Diavolo even says "the arrow does more than just draw out Stand abilities?" refering to all arrows, never saying "he has a special arrow" or something like that.

    To give an example I'd go as far as saying Bites The Dust is some sort of evolved stand in the same vein, there are several claims against that:

    • Bites The Dust didn't make KQ sentient or it didn't change form, that's irrelevant since not every stand evolves in the same way (Chariot Requiem didn't ever say a word unlike GER, not even durignt that time Polnareff unlocked him while alive; some stands get Acts when they evolve, others like Star Platinum: The World stay the same),
    • The arrow stabbed Kira, not the stand... yet the stand was in the exact same place than Kira (it was probably targetting Killer Queen instead of Kira)
    • It's not named Requiem... yet Kira had no idea about such type of naming (something Polnareff came up with)

    And most importantly, in all cases it was a really powerful evolution that answered the main desperate need of its user (Polnareff wanting to get some advantage against Diavolo - putting his stand against himself is a good way to do so - and eventually consolidated his desire: to protect the arrow; Kira wanting to be able to keep himself unnoticed; Giorno wanting to defeat Diavolo). One may say why didn't the arrow tried to stab GE or KC like with Kira... I'd say with so many stand users around the arrow wasn't driven to do so (also Kira was way more desperated than any other Requiem user).

    Giorno not having a Requiem after being hurt by Black Sabbath doesn't mean a thing, Diavolo's KC was later harmed by the "Requiem arrow" and he got nothing. Requiem is not Super Saiyan, or a shikai/bankai; it's not an ability every stand user can develop and it's not inherently related to the original abilites of the stand. It's extremely circumstancial, as some sort of rework of the stand to allow it to defeat the unsurmonable odds it has to face. I'd say that happened for a series of reasons:

    • Giorno never considerated he was 100% unable to best Black Sabbath unlike Diavolo, he thought he could defeat him by using GE's abilities in a clever way. On the other hand he considered he had zero chance to best Diavolo with base Golden Experience.
    • Same with Diavolo, what could the arrow offer to someone who consider he had the best stand in the world? If it weren't by Diavolo having to share a body with Trish and the presence of SCR he could just wreck all of them in a pair of minutes and be done for. He was never desperate enough to consider he could lose until Giorno unlocked his Requiem

    I had even read people saying the difference is that the "Requiem arrow" allows both the user and its family to get a stand (like DIO and Pucci did, when Koichi's family got nothing). Yet that doesn't mean every single person can get a stand or would get a self-killing stand like Holy or Masazo Kinoto. The old man Black Sabbath stabbed with the arrow died instantly. Also there are too few instances of people with families being stabbed with the arrow (DIO, Pucci, Koichi.. as far as I recall that's all) and several of them are sort of unknown (we don't know how the Nijimura family got their stands)

      Loading editor
    • Pretty sure the requiem arrow is just an arrow that has a more potent virus, since to be able to get a stand from the arrow you need to be immune to the part of the virus that kills you since that's mostly how antagonists in part 4 got their stands and how the janitor died from getting stabbed with the arrow in part 5, it's basically just putting more of the virus into you, making your stand more potent or killing you because your immune system is too weak to withstand more of it. Unless wiki arrow page was wrong 

        Loading editor
    • But that's not how viruses work, on any case it'd have a more potent strain of the same virus. Yet the "virus" explanation has to be one of the worst things on all this series: how does that virus affect your descendants? How can a stand even get infected by a virus? That's as dumb as the midichlorians from Star Wars.

      On another note I don't think that arrow is special in any way. It's never mentioned anywere in the series: is it more detailed? Yes, does that inherently means it's stronger? Not at all. They never speak about the requiem arrow or that almightly arrow, but they always say "the arrow" in a general way.

        Loading editor
    • bizarre

        Loading editor
    • i thought i was the only one who thought there was no "requiem arrow"

        Loading editor
    • My personal takeaway is such:

      • All stand arrows work the same way. The Requiem Arrow just has a different design.
      • Kira gains Bites the Dust after being personally pierced by the arrow because of his will to survive and move past what he did after killing Hayato. His sheer willpower and desire to get out of the situation he was in granted him another ability. If his stand was pierced at that moment, I suspect that we would have gotten Killer Queen Requiem.
      • Giorno doesn't gain Gold Experience Requiem in the fight against Polpo because he wasn't worthy yet. His will to survive hadn't been strained, and thus he hadn't 'earned' the power of the arrow yet for his actions.
      • Requiem can only be gained if you pierce your stand with the arrow and the arrow deems you worthy of such power. 

      This all ties into a bigger discussion about how exactly stand power is gained. It's wildly inconsistent and all over the place in the series. Hell, Joseph (and consequently, DIO in Jonathan's body) gets a stand ability because of their training with Hamon. Some people develop a stand on their own. The majority of Stand users are created by the arrows, however. I believe Stands are a universal concept in JJBA, and the arrows just help compatible users unlock that ability; as does Hamon with Hermit Purple, or just unlocking a stand through sheer willpower.

      Obviously, you can just chalk this up to Araki Forgot, which is a valid argument. Because he forgets. All the time.

        Loading editor
    • Daedalus100 wrote:
      My personal takeaway is such:
      • All stand arrows work the same way. The Requiem Arrow just has a different design.
      • Kira gains Bites the Dust after being personally pierced by the arrow because of his will to survive and move past what he did after killing Hayato. His sheer willpower and desire to get out of the situation he was in granted him another ability. If his stand was pierced at that moment, I suspect that we would have gotten Killer Queen Requiem.
      • Giorno doesn't gain Gold Experience Requiem in the fight against Polpo because he wasn't worthy yet. His will to survive hadn't been strained, and thus he hadn't 'earned' the power of the arrow yet for his actions.
      • Requiem can only be gained if you pierce your stand with the arrow and the arrow deems you worthy of such power. 

      This all ties into a bigger discussion about how exactly stand power is gained. It's wildly inconsistent and all over the place in the series. Hell, Joseph (and consequently, DIO in Jonathan's body) gets a stand ability because of their training with Hamon. Some people develop a stand on their own. The majority of Stand users are created by the arrows, however. I believe Stands are a universal concept in JJBA, and the arrows just help compatible users unlock that ability; as does Hamon with Hermit Purple, or just unlocking a stand through sheer willpower.

      Regarding Kira I'd say it's a similar thing cause the arrow awakened a power that made him invincible given those circumstances, the only reason he lost was due to his own stupidity.

      Yeah, Hermit Purple is such an odd example, that stand was semi awakened during part 2 in the same way GE was before part 5 (when he made the grass grow to hide that gangster). And then (SPOILERS) during part 7 you have Gyro obtaining a stand by spinning a steel ball at a high speed. It's so curious, if DIO in Jonathan's body obtaining a stand awakened all the Joestar stands what if Joseph didn't slack on his training and managed to fully awaken Hermit Purple? Would that lead to Jotaro, Holly and Josuke awakening their stands as well?

      That's one of the best parts of this series, Araki has given so much info about stands and there are still hundreds of questions to do.

        Loading editor
    • If your theory was correct,i would like to know why when the arrow with beetle pierced King Crimson,king crimson's body become translucent (because the arrow rejected him) :
      Emperor Crimson's hand is translucent

      By this,we conclude that the stands rejected by the beetle arrow become translucent where they get hit.







      Since stands that are hit by "any" (supposedly) arrow become translucent when they are not worth/the arrow doesn't choose him;

      I'd like to know why Gold Experience didn't become translucent,but did ACTUALLY HURT GE and Giorno (since we can see blood) : 
      Gold experience is being hurt






      Also i dont even need scans to this,when polnareff was a turtle and was telling the team about the arrow,he actually said:

      "I dont know how old that arrow is,but i think i can understand what the person who created it was thinking;there is more to the power of a stand,something that goes far deeper".

      What do you mean by "i can understand what the person who created it was thinking", polnareff? was not this arrow like the other ones,why does it feel like you are making it so exclusive?                                                                                                                                         Definetly THERE is a specific arrow to awaken requiem stands,and why the fuck would araki make a different design for a normal arrow like that(if it is)? The work of her designers is more detailed, the different design... FOR SURE there is a reason, and it is in every1's face that it is because that arrow is different and awaken requiem stands.

        Loading editor
    • Calebeto wrote:
      If your theory was correct,i would like to know why when the arrow with beetle pierced King Crimson,king crimson's body become translucent (because the arrow rejected him) :
      Emperor Crimson's hand is translucent

      By this,we conclude that the stands rejected by the beetle arrow become translucent where they get hit.







      Since stands that are hit by "any" (supposedly) arrow become translucent when they are not worth/the arrow doesn't choose him;

      I'd like to know why Gold Experience didn't become translucent,but did ACTUALLY HURT GE and Giorno (since we can see blood) : 
      Gold experience is being hurt






      Also i dont even need scans to this,when polnareff was a turtle and was telling the team about the arrow,he actually said:

      "I dont know how old that arrow is,but i think i can understand what the person who created it was thinking;there is more to the power of a stand,something that goes far deeper".

      What do you mean by "i can understand what the person who created it was thinking", polnareff? was not this arrow like the other ones,why does it feel like you are making it so exclusive?                                                                                                                                         Definetly THERE is a specific arrow to awaken requiem stands,and why the fuck would araki make a different design for a normal arrow like that(if it is)? The work of her designers is more detailed, the different design... FOR SURE there is a reason, and it is in every1's face that it is because that arrow is different and awaken requiem stands.

      There's not really an answer, so all we can do is speculate. I'd say that (due to fate) Giorno's hand bled because he was worthy of the arrow, just not yet. Meanwhile, Diavolo was never fated to gain the arrow; therefore, it just simply rejected him, as he was and never would be fated to be worthy of its power.



      As for the different design, maybe they all have different designs. We know that the arrow from Part 3 is the same one we see in Part 4 (I BELIEVE, I could have gotten something wrong but I don't think I did), so maybe each separate arrow had a different design, but the same abilities.

        Loading editor
    • Loudghost6t4
      Loudghost6t4 removed this reply because:
      I was wrong
      17:58, August 24, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • Calebeto wrote:
      If your theory was correct,i would like to know why when the arrow with beetle pierced King Crimson,king crimson's body become translucent (because the arrow rejected him)

      It's specified that was more about Buccarati killing Chariot Requiem and forcing every soul back to their bodies. Diavolo can even see through King Crimson's hand before going back to his body. To be honest nowadays I wouldn't count that as an example due to the heavy ambiguity of that scene.

      Regarding the design, that arrow design isn't unique. Pucci had an arrow with the same exact design when he activated his stand and Weather's. And I'd say is almost impossible that's the same arrow, since Polnareff found his in Egypt and Pucci got that one from DIO.

      Beetle arrowhead manga









      Regarding that phrase, let's take the entire phrase to analyze it.

      "The arrow draws out stands from those who have potential (referring to all arrows in general). But if it happens to pierce a Stand (also making a generalization)... I dont know how old that arrow is,but i think i can understand what the person who created it was thinking;there is more to the power of a stand,something that goes far deeper"

      I acknowledge this is the only time someone refers only to "that arrow" instead of "the arrow" as the generalization above... but since that happens into the same paragraph it's probable Polnareff was generalizating as well.

      Later Polnareff says "Then I realized if someone who had enough power were to use this arrow, they would have the power to control the minds of all living creatures". Perhaps this phrase would be one of the best evidences about the Requiem arrow if we join it with Black Sabbath's arrow not awakening Giorno's Requiem.

      Yet even then all arrows are extremely rare,  there were only six arrows in all the world. Everyone of them being quite important given they could awaken stands as powerful as Heavy Weather or Bohemian Rhapsody for example. Losing a single arrow could be a total catastrophe.

      Polnareff's objectives may have been more aligned about getting help to defeat Diavolo quickly instead of worrying about any other arrow. Mostly when Diavolo already had an arrow for himself.

        Loading editor
    • DirePresent wrote:
      Calebeto wrote:
      If your theory was correct,i would like to know why when the arrow with beetle pierced King Crimson,king crimson's body become translucent (because the arrow rejected him)
      It's specified that was more about Buccarati killing Chariot Requiem and forcing every soul back to their bodies. Diavolo can even see through King Crimson's hand before going back to his body. To be honest nowadays I wouldn't count that as an example due to the heavy ambiguity of that scene.


      I even agree on some points, but I would like to inform you a few things;
      That / the does not always have different meanings, because both words can refer to an specific object/person:                                                                                                                                         
      Meanings
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      And congratulations, you managed to change the meaning of a sentence! ;
      When polnareff said "the arrow draw stands" he was saying that requiem, like any other arrow, could give a person the power to stand.
      Now, when he said "But if it happens to pierce a Stand" he was saying that that arrow has a different potential from the others, and one of the most critical points in all this, is when he says "i dont know what the creator of this arrow was thinking, but i can understand; the power of a stand can go further! "  This verse convinces me completely, no matter what I say, I know that there is the requiem arrow and the normal arrow;
      1598459484393280

      Polnareff described that he understands more or less what the requiem creator thought, "the power of a stand can go further"!
      That is, when the breeder was creating the arrow with the beetle, he was thinking "I want the power of a stand to go further!" which means he was developing a type of arrow that makes the stand stronger, and with that I don't need to say anything else.       



      And no,it was mentioned that after pucci used the requiem arrow he bring it back to egypt,that was where polnareff finded after dio died.

        Loading editor
    • why would the arrow creator make one with special abilities instead of making all of them have requiem potential

        Loading editor
    • Calebeto wrote:

      And now you've decided to get all smug instead of keeping discussing like a serious person, quite a pity.

      For starters, let's analyze the sentence: you say "that" and "the" are referring to a singular object, that specific arrow (and that I don't know both words can be synonyms, but I'll let that aside). Then you say Polnareff while saying that in the segment " "The arrow draws out stands from those who have potential. But if it happens to pierce a Stand" he referred to that only arrow, as if the other arrows would be mere arrows and this one would be "the arrow" compared to them... yet it's still ambiguous cause all arrows draw stands from those who have potential and Polnareff never ever saw what would happen if any other arrow would pierce another stand, we see an instance of that, but Polnareff never did so. How would he ever know if another mere arrow wouldn't do the same when he only has that one?

      Btw have you got any evidence of that arrow being the exact same one? in this very wiki no one mentions anything about such thing, otherwise that's a conclusion you assumed on your own.

        Loading editor
    • Well, speaking as a serious person or not, it doesn't change anything about my arguments (whether true or not).
      But once, I admit that maybe I was wrong to say that the arrow that pucci and polnareff has is the same, I read this in a YT discussion, so it is probably false.
      You again saying that polnareff "generalized" since I already explained that that / the both have practically the same meaning and can refer to an individual thing / person.                                         There was always something else I wanted to know, why do you keep saying that the "beetle" on the arrow is just for decoration?As much as the work is JoJo's bizarre adventure, there are things that should make sense and shouldn't be "just for decoration", if it was shown with that beetle arrow (AND ONLY IT) both giorno and polnareff winning the requiem stand, it's kind of it is obvious that this "arrow with a beetle" is special, judging by its look. EDIT:You know what, you were just playing with that / this, I think I'm going to enter that little group of yours then;
      When polnareff first showed the requiem arrow to bruno's team, he shows (duh), and then Bruno says: the arrow?!? how do you have it
      However giorno immediately says: No, it is similar.

      Polnareff meets gang

      This proves that even the characters within the manga themselves know that the arrow's appearance is different,what reason would Araki have to make only that arrow look different?.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Remember that i said i was going to play with your logic "that/the",so as you can see i marked "this" meaning he was talking to this arrow in specific,so on the next page,polnareff says that "This arrow is the only way to defeat diavolo".
      THIS ARROW
      THIS ARROW,THIS ARROW,THIIIS (And he know the existence of the other ones).








      And also,there is only 6 arrow's (as you said up there) and you said that there are 2 with the different design,having a beetle on it; BUT NO,because diavolo on this scan,had all 6 arrows,and just ONE of them had the beetle

      Arrowheads

      All the arrows shown are visibly identical, except for the one arrow that we've seen give the only requiem stands in the series

      All the arrows shown are visibly identical, except for the one arrow that we've seen give the only requiem stands in the series.​​​​​ 









      Staffs,you can close this post now.

        Loading editor
    • yeah but why would the person who made them make only one capable of requiem

        Loading editor
    • Calebeto wrote:

      Before anything else, sorry if I got a bit carried away, I believe everyone should be polite in discussions like this one and I didn't answer properly. I gotta say I'm more open about the ambiguity of the situation: even then, there are still several problems:

      "Some of you have gained stand abilities after being struck with this arrow. Is that right?" "Diavolo has been using this arrow"... Polnareff is generalizing once again. They didn't gain stand abilities with that kind of arrow specificially. However Giorno's comment is on point (I've never seen any one mentioning it before) and Polnareff's comment may only refer to the process of gaining a stand with an arrow, since he doesn't have to explain that arrow is truly different. Giorno already did that for him.

      You haven't rebutted my main point: Polnareff has no way to know whether other arrows would be able to awaken a Requiem or not. He never stabbed neither his nor another stand with another arrow to say that arrow is different.

      Yet it may be said he deduced it since it has a different design, that's a stretch cause he has no way to know so. He even says Requiems are designed to control the minds of people... and then you have GER that has nothing to do with that power.

      It may be certain to say he was convinced that arrow was special though, he never attempted to ask them whether they have one on their own or if they had access to another arrow... no, come to the Colliseum and I'll lend you my special arrow. That's all.

      You show a photo with all the arrows and the beetle one... yet there's one that's covered by all the other arrows and is not visible.Although Pucci and Polnareff's arrows being the same one may not be that much of a stretch (Pucci giving it to DIO, then Polnareff finding it is feasible), you just affirmated it as totally true and I wanted to see whether that was mentioned anywhere.

      However I gotta give you credit for showing how ambiguous the situation is... perhaps that arrow is indeed that special. It can be said that's the theory with the least amount of assumptions (instead of having to come up with explanations about Black Sabbath, and maybe even while Polnareff's words are sorta ambiguous they may be rather directed to the audience).

      I gotta agree with another user of this wiki Kingasdfg, we'd go for the explanations with the least amount of assumptions, and as much as I disliked it at the beginning that theory does that. The least amount of "fanon explanations" we add the least probabilities for that theory to be wrong.

      Perhaps it's special cause it was the last one created, after the others the creator made that one trying to do a better one, perhaps BtD is like it is cause it's made with a "beta" version of the final arrow.

        Loading editor
    • Another possible attribution I've seen given to it was that it awakened the stands in an entire family (like with DIO and Pucci)... however I won't take that bit as true since we don't know how Kira and the Nijimura brothers obtained their stands. Unless there's any source that explicitly says they were shoot with the arrow that bit is too uncertain to be taken as true.

      Also I'd have not made a point about that arrow being unique. What would be the problem if there's more than one beetle arrow?

        Loading editor
    • the amount of stupid self-entitled intellectualism that has sprouted in this thread is cancerous and it almost makes me glad that this'll be buried when fandom axes the forums

        Loading editor
    • Daedalus100 wrote:
      the amount of stupid self-entitled intellectualism that has sprouted in this thread is cancerous and it almost makes me glad that this'll be buried when fandom axes the forums

      I don't get your point, you were participating actively on this discussion here after all.

        Loading editor
    • EDIT:You know what, you were just playing with that / this, I think I'm going to enter that little group of yours then;

      this made me angry

        Loading editor
    • Daedalus100 wrote:
      EDIT:You know what, you were just playing with that / this, I think I'm going to enter that little group of yours then;
      this made me angry

      lol you are not gonna like it when part 6 comes out. just sayin

        Loading editor
    • also just gonna drop this just to stir something up.

      there is a popular fan theory that if your stabbed with the beetle arrow you will be given a strong stand if you didnt have one already.

      the main points of this arguement are weather report and whitesnake who got there very busted op stands from said arrow and you can also put this on stone free and limp bizkit.

      not gonna say anything. but all im saying is its a interesting theory

        Loading editor
    • Calebeto
      Calebeto removed this reply because:
      oops,wrong quoting
      01:50, September 2, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • Daedalus100 wrote:
      EDIT:You know what, you were just playing with that / this, I think I'm going to enter that little group of yours then;
      this made me angry

      Why? I already explained to the guy that both terms "That" and "The" can talk about just 1 object, but he keeps saying that Polnareff is "generalizing" in his lines.
      I'll tell you, there are situations in which jojofag's are more boring than goku / naruto fans, and this is one of them, I wouldn't mind if it was called boring, but at least I don't use an argument as "generalizing", being that the person may also be talking about just 1 object.
      Man there are countless arguments that I didn’t use here, like for example in that scene giorno saying:
      "I will not destroy this arrow";  

      I will not destroy this arrow



      On this page, Giorno explains to Polnareff that he will not destroy this arrow, so this means that if he did not have this "duty of the survivors", he would destroy the arrow.
      Now, why was he going to destroy the arrow? think :)




      OBS: I admit that, there was a mistake in saying that "the arrow of the pucci ended up in Egypt", I really went to check and, at least in the flashback, there is no dialogue saying that it was ended up in Egypt (and that does not mean that it is not the same, and ended up in Egypt, it may be, it may not be).

        Loading editor
    • Calebeto wrote:
      Daedalus100 wrote:
      EDIT:You know what, you were just playing with that / this, I think I'm going to enter that little group of yours then;
      this made me angry
      Why? I already explained to the guy that both terms "That" and "The" can talk about just 1 object, but he keeps saying that Polnareff is "generalizing" in his lines.
      I'll tell you, there are situations in which jojofag's are more boring than goku / naruto fans, and this is one of them, I wouldn't mind if it was called boring, but at least I don't use an argument as "generalizing", being that the person may also be talking about just 1 object.
      Man there are countless arguments that I didn’t use here, like for example in that scene giorno saying:
      "I will not destroy this arrow";  
      I will not destroy this arrow



      On this page, Giorno explains to Polnareff that he will not destroy this arrow, so this means that if he did not have this "duty of the survivors", he would destroy the arrow.
      Now, why was he going to destroy the arrow? think :)




      OBS: I admit that, there was a mistake in saying that "the arrow of the pucci ended up in Egypt", I really went to check and, at least in the flashback, there is no dialogue saying that it was ended up in Egypt (and that does not mean that it is not the same, and ended up in Egypt, it may be, it may not be).

      this doesn't really prove anything, that arrow was closest to him, and it gave him a requiem stand, so he wouldn't destroy it so he could keep it and give it to whoever he deemed worthy of it

        Loading editor
    • DewdOfStuff wrote:
      Calebeto wrote:
      Daedalus100 wrote:
      EDIT:You know what, you were just playing with that / this, I think I'm going to enter that little group of yours then;
      this made me angry
      Why? I already explained to the guy that both terms "That" and "The" can talk about just 1 object, but he keeps saying that Polnareff is "generalizing" in his lines.
      I'll tell you, there are situations in which jojofag's are more boring than goku / naruto fans, and this is one of them, I wouldn't mind if it was called boring, but at least I don't use an argument as "generalizing", being that the person may also be talking about just 1 object.
      Man there are countless arguments that I didn’t use here, like for example in that scene giorno saying:
      "I will not destroy this arrow";  
      I will not destroy this arrow



      On this page, Giorno explains to Polnareff that he will not destroy this arrow, so this means that if he did not have this "duty of the survivors", he would destroy the arrow.
      Now, why was he going to destroy the arrow? think :)




      OBS: I admit that, there was a mistake in saying that "the arrow of the pucci ended up in Egypt", I really went to check and, at least in the flashback, there is no dialogue saying that it was ended up in Egypt (and that does not mean that it is not the same, and ended up in Egypt, it may be, it may not be).

      this doesn't really prove anything, that arrow was closest to him, and it gave him a requiem stand, so he wouldn't destroy it so he could keep it and give it to whoever he deemed worthy of it

      "so he could keep it and give it to whoever he deemed worthy of it"

      Do you know what common sense is? well, a normal person, after seeing that the arrow is too dangerous and cannot fall into the wrong hands, you would normally destroy, duh.
      However, Giorno did not destroy the arrow because he wanted to "preserve" a reason why Bruno and Narancia died, Bruno gave his life for Giorno to get that arrow, now imagine you give your life to help your friends achieve something, and in the end your friends destroy that item ..
      One thing that proves even more what I say, is that Polnareff says to keep the arrow inside the turtle (a place that she can be safe), and if Giorno really wanted to give stands that he thinks worthy, he could also use the black sabbath arrow.
      I will not waste my time here anymore, I just wanted to understand what makes you conspire against something that the anime makes clear (Giorno seeing that the arrow requires is different, polnareff saying that "this arrow is the only way" being that he knows the existence of the others [meaning that really only that is the solution], diavolo holding all 6 arrows and araki having the job of drawing a beetle in just ONE, 1 HURTING Gold Experience stand arrow, while another one is TRANSPASSING King Crimson ...)
      The only arrow that we saw to give a requiem stand, is the one that contains a beetle in its design (something that is shown even in games), and I will only change my mind when someone shows me a official scene of someone getting a requiem stand with an arrow that does not have the beetle.

        Loading editor
    • To be honest, I just believe that the beetle designed arrow was designed differently to point out that this arrow was the driving force for the plot (and for part 6, perhaps it's just the design of the arrows Araki decided to keep, kinda like DIO's The World in his recent artwork looks just like Diego's THE WORLD; it's a style choice).

      It's like stand users and their fashion. Normally people in the JoJo universe who aren't stand users are bland and they kinda just blend in, but for the stand users, I think Araki stylistically made them more extravagant/different so people could figure who is important to the plot before the arc the stand user might appear in.

      For an in-universe explanation, I'd say it was due to the creator of the arrows striving for perfection. It's said he wanted to wield "the power of god" and so he fashioned the arrows from the meteor that fell millennia ago, so there's a solid chance that he made arrows step by step (it's not like he'd make them all at once, that'd be a hassle), each one perhaps getting better than the previous, until he reached his vision of perfection (just like an artist who strives to make each piece better than their previous work).

      Though this is just my viewpoint, but I think it's pretty solid.

        Loading editor
    • Calebeto wrote:
      DewdOfStuff wrote:
      Calebeto wrote:
      Daedalus100 wrote:
      EDIT:You know what, you were just playing with that / this, I think I'm going to enter that little group of yours then;
      this made me angry
      Why? I already explained to the guy that both terms "That" and "The" can talk about just 1 object, but he keeps saying that Polnareff is "generalizing" in his lines.
      I'll tell you, there are situations in which jojofag's are more boring than goku / naruto fans, and this is one of them, I wouldn't mind if it was called boring, but at least I don't use an argument as "generalizing", being that the person may also be talking about just 1 object.
      Man there are countless arguments that I didn’t use here, like for example in that scene giorno saying:
      "I will not destroy this arrow";  
      I will not destroy this arrow



      On this page, Giorno explains to Polnareff that he will not destroy this arrow, so this means that if he did not have this "duty of the survivors", he would destroy the arrow.
      Now, why was he going to destroy the arrow? think :)




      OBS: I admit that, there was a mistake in saying that "the arrow of the pucci ended up in Egypt", I really went to check and, at least in the flashback, there is no dialogue saying that it was ended up in Egypt (and that does not mean that it is not the same, and ended up in Egypt, it may be, it may not be).

      this doesn't really prove anything, that arrow was closest to him, and it gave him a requiem stand, so he wouldn't destroy it so he could keep it and give it to whoever he deemed worthy of it
      "so he could keep it and give it to whoever he deemed worthy of it"

      Do you know what common sense is? well, a normal person, after seeing that the arrow is too dangerous and cannot fall into the wrong hands, you would normally destroy, duh.
      However, Giorno did not destroy the arrow because he wanted to "preserve" a reason why Bruno and Narancia died, Bruno gave his life for Giorno to get that arrow, now imagine you give your life to help your friends achieve something, and in the end your friends destroy that item ..
      One thing that proves even more what I say, is that Polnareff says to keep the arrow inside the turtle (a place that she can be safe), and if Giorno really wanted to give stands that he thinks worthy, he could also use the black sabbath arrow.
      I will not waste my time here anymore, I just wanted to understand what makes you conspire against something that the anime makes clear (Giorno seeing that the arrow requires is different, polnareff saying that "this arrow is the only way" being that he knows the existence of the others [meaning that really only that is the solution], diavolo holding all 6 arrows and araki having the job of drawing a beetle in just ONE, 1 HURTING Gold Experience stand arrow, while another one is TRANSPASSING King Crimson ...)
      The only arrow that we saw to give a requiem stand, is the one that contains a beetle in its design (something that is shown even in games), and I will only change my mind when someone shows me a official scene of someone getting a requiem stand with an arrow that does not have the beetle.

      what do you mean polnareff knew the beetle arrow was the only way, that arrow was closest, and whoever was worthy would get requiem. they didn't have time to fly all the way to another country to get a different arrow

      honestly there's not enough evidence for either side

        Loading editor
    •  

      what do you mean polnareff knew the beetle arrow was the only way, that arrow was closest, and whoever was worthy would get requiem. they didn't have time to fly all the way to another country to get a different arrow

      honestly there's not enough evidence for either side

      If he said "'this beetle arrow' is the only way", then does it mean that if I can use a normal stand arrow (without the beetle), will i get a requiem (which is the weapon to defeat diavolo)? no
      And no, you know that the colosseum is in Italy, right? and italy is the same place (for example) to get a stand, no one could stop the gang, if they went for example, to Naples, which is where the flesh more or less died and probably has the arrow in that place, it has a distance 228km between the colosseum and naples, which would take 2 hours and 23 minutes, and this is clearly not a long time.
      Man, I am sending my arguments and you are changing their meaning and speaking as if it were the real, for example, I say: Giorno having to say "I will not destroy this arrow" meaning that he knew that Polnareff thought the arrow would be destroyed, and polnareff thought the arrow would be destroyed for a reason, giorno having the need to make the statement "I will not destroy" so he wants to inform polnareff that he will not do what polnareff is thinking.
      Now in the case of some here: "But maybe the reason is also that he is going to give stands to the people he finds worthy".
      Yea, "MAYBE".
      About something else here, I just came back here to answer the "pucci and polnareff arrows aren't the same":
      after pucci used the arrow, he went back to Egypt, which was the place whose polnareff found the arrow requiem;

      Pucci back to egypt























      Now let me imagine what you are going to say:
      "this does not prove that pucci did in fact leave the arrow in Egypt".
      Yes, but do you have any proof that he didn't? no, and as in my argument, people here did the same with others.

        Loading editor
    • ok first off nobody said the beetle arrow was the only way, what are you talking about

      secondly, 2 hours and 23 minutes is a long time when you're in the middle of fighting a severely schizophrenic mafia boss who erases time

      third, your whole polnareff thought giorno would destroy the arrow point proves absolutely nothing

        Loading editor
    • i would talk about the dio overheaven novel which mentioned the requiem arrow but sadly thats also nono canon...and bullshit so ill put my conclusions in.

      araki obviously doesnt care about the requiem,as he has used it in part 6 and in some art for part 4 and part 3

      the requiem arrows arent like the holy corpses that exist in the sbr verse because there are clear distinctions from a holy corpse to jesus's holy corpse...we dont have that for the requiem arrow.

      actually it does seem like pucci did leave the arrow in egypt,because thats where diavolo got his arrow.

        Loading editor
    • no, the arrows are not the same, they are completely different, to start Polnareff would not have kept the arrow that had the beetle specifically in it if they were the same,and he was the only one of the 6 arrows on Stand that had a beetle on it, all the others were completely the same design.

      Arrowheads

      All the arrows shown are visibly identical, except for the one arrow that we've seen give the only requiem stands in the series












      the arrow that was used on Pucci in part 6 is exactly the same as in part 5, Pucci only took it back to Egypt and was later recovered by Polnareff and the Speedwagon foundation

      Beetle arrowhead manga







      Diavolo didn't even know that Polnareff was alive or that he had the arrow, he just went to the coliseum to kill the gang's traitors who knew about his identity,he was still shocked to see that Polnareff specifically had the arrow with the beetle

      Requiem












      if he were after a Requiem Stand and the arrows had the same power, it wouldn’t make sense for him to want to use the arrow that was with Polnareff, since he already had a Stand arrow that was used by Polpo,since he is his boss, but he never did, which proves once again that the arrows are different.



      Kira does not have a requiem, first it is irrelevant to compare the way the requiem Stands act because it doesn’t change in any way the fact that it was Kira who was pierced, and it was by a normal arrow not by a arrow with a beetle and no, you don’t necessarily have to be worthy to get a requiem, Black Sabbath didn’t turn the Golden Experience into a reuquiem because that was just a common arrow, Polnareff when he was on the farm there was no reason for him to be worthy of the arrow if he wasn't even in danger, the arrow simply pierced the Silver Chariot and he became a requiem

      Www.requiem
      ​​​​​​











      King crimsom would rather become a requiem when he was pierced by the Arrow, he was not rejected he would rather become a requiem until he appeared slowly transforming.the transformation was not completed as Bucciarati interrupted before Diavolo could reach
      X12
      King crimson requiem







      so yes the arrows are completely different

        Loading editor
    • the "requiem arrow" just looks different because araki wanted it to stand (badum tss) out since it's important to the plot, kinda like how the one in part 4 didn't just look like a regular arrow

        Loading editor
    • DewdOfStuff escreveu:
      a "flecha de réquiem" só parece diferente porque araki queria que ela permanecesse (badum tss), já que é importante para o enredo, tipo como a da parte 4 não parecia apenas uma flecha normal

      No,Araki never said that, there is no reason for the arrows to look different if they worked the same way

        Loading editor
    • lots of things look different but work the same way, for example, suta purachina and za warudo, they look different but are the exact same thing

        Loading editor
    • DewdOfStuff wrote:
      lots of things look different but work the same way, for example, suta purachina and za warudo, they look different but are the exact same thing

      this is a Stand not an arrow, and they are Stands with the same ability, which is not the case with arrows

        Loading editor
    • but they're made of the same material

        Loading editor
    • why would they function differently if they're made of the same material and made the same way

        Loading editor
    • say you have two katanas, made of the same material

      one katana just cuts things

      the other katana atomizes them

      that's basically what you're saying

        Loading editor
    • DewdOfStuff escreveu:
      digamos que você tenha duas katanas, feitas do mesmo material

      uma katana apenas corta coisas

      a outra katana os atomiza

      isso é basicamente o que você está dizendo

      This is totally irrelevant, its a arrow who can make you gain a Stand, not a simmple weapon like a Katana, stop talking shit

        Loading editor
    • DewdOfStuff escreveu:
      por que eles funcionariam de maneira diferente se fossem feitos do mesmo material e da mesma maneira

      you have not yet proven that they work the same way, you just repeatedly used the argument of the material, which is irrelevant, a shotgun and a revolver can be made of the same material and not have the same power in a shot, a truck and a car are made from the same material, but they don't work the same way an ax and a sword can be made from the same material, but they don't work the same way, I can give you hundreds more examples like these

        Loading editor
    • im about to google translate the shit  out of that message bruh.

        Loading editor
    • cThebannanaworkshop wrote:
      im about to google translate the shit  out of that message bruh.

      cool

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.