FANDOM


  • requiem stands are not just a massivly OP upgrade to your stands existing abilities. 

    requiem stands grant what you want the most in the exact moment your stand is hit with the arrow, and always in a hyper OP way. bassicly, it grants your stand an OP ability that embodies what you want most in an exact point in time

    examples:

    giorno wanted to defeat diavolo, so he got a stand that could nullify king crimson (and about anything else)

    pol pol wanted to keep the arrow safe from diavolo, so he got a stand that would protect the arrow at all costs

    kira (im countin BTD as a requiem because I need more examples, and this fits) wanted to keep his identiy safe, and he got a stand that would eliminate anyone who investigate him. he would have won if he had not boasted his name with josuke overhearing.

    soooo.... lets say for example, jotaro wanted to beat pucci and save jolyne. if he was periced with the arrow at that exact moment, he would obtain a stand that was more powerful than MIH. I think SPR would be this: a stand that can manipulate time in anyway it wants. also, its speed, power, durability and precision are buffed up to INFINITE. he could beat pucci and save jolyne that way.

      Loading editor
    • Bites the Dust does not really count as a Requiem Stand to be completely honest; it does not fit the trend set by the other, actual Requiem Stands in the series. For one, in both instances, the Requiem Stands seem to possess a consciousness or sentience of their own - as shown when Chariot Requiem completely separates itself from Polnareff and affects both friend and foe while it's implied that GER functions without Giorno having to command it anymore - and they both undergo significant aesthetic changes.

      Neither of these traits show themselves in Killer Queen BtD, as he remains the same both appearance and behaviour-wise after Kira is pierced with the Arrow. The Arrow is also not the same, the Requiem Stands themselves were pierced and not the user, etc.

      In any case, you're completely misreading a lot about Made in Heaven and Requiem Stands. Requiem Stands cannot do everything, they still have set, niche functions as Stands normally do and something as basic as "Platinum Requiem controls time however it wants" is too basic for Stands that are supposed to be as complex and complicated as Requiem Stands. If anything, maybe Platinum Requiem would have the ability to affect gravity and accelerated time, maybe it could have found a way to keep up with Made in Heaven, who knows? And if we're talking about Requiem Stands being situational, Platinum Requiem would likely be oriented more around "save Jolyne" rather than "defeat Pucci", as he chose her over him in the climax.

        Loading editor
    • Lucario of the Gods wrote:
      Bites the Dust does not really count as a Requiem Stand to be completely honest; it does not fit the trend set by the other, actual Requiem Stands in the series. For one, in both instances, the Requiem Stands seem to possess a consciousness or sentience of their own - as shown when Chariot Requiem completely separates itself from Polnareff and affects both friend and foe while it's implied that GER functions without Giorno having to command it anymore - and they both undergo significant aesthetic changes.

      Neither of these traits show themselves in Killer Queen BtD, as he remains the same both appearance and behaviour-wise after Kira is pierced with the Arrow. The Arrow is also not the same, the Requiem Stands themselves were pierced and not the user, etc.

      In any case, you're completely misreading a lot about Made in Heaven and Requiem Stands. Requiem Stands cannot do everything, they still have set, niche functions as Stands normally do and something as basic as "Platinum Requiem controls time however it wants" is too basic for Stands that are supposed to be as complex and complicated as Requiem Stands. If anything, maybe Platinum Requiem would have the ability to affect gravity and accelerated time, maybe it could have found a way to keep up with Made in Heaven, who knows? And if we're talking about Requiem Stands being situational, Platinum Requiem would likely be oriented more around "save Jolyne" rather than "defeat Pucci", as he chose her over him in the climax.

      I see your point, but I included BTD because there are not many requiem stands and BTD fit the whole situation aspect. 

      I think a better way to say it would be "requiem stands are not just buffed versions of your old stand, it grants you a power that best acomploshes what you need the most in that moment you are periced"

        Loading editor
    • so what's the common misconception?

        Loading editor
    • Zoeblo wrote:
      so what's the common misconception?

      people think that requiem stands and their powers are just hyper op reality warping versions of the original stands abilties, when in reality they are something else entirely.

        Loading editor
    • What about the fact that Chariot Requiem was first created when Polnareff was using Silver Chariot to reach the Arrow from behind the stove? He was in no danger whatsoever at that moment.

        Loading editor
    • Then what would happen if a Stand is stabbed by the Arrow when the user is thinking: 'I want to make my Stand's ability even stronger.'?

        Loading editor
    • Thehonestone wrote:
      Zoeblo wrote:
      so what's the common misconception?
      people think that requiem stands and their powers are just hyper op reality warping versions of the original stands abilties, when in reality they are something else entirely.

      but don't requiem stands get a power depending what the user wants the most when their stand gets hit by the requiem arrow? 

        Loading editor
    • The real misconception here is that people think the Arrow gives power according to what the user needs the most at a time.

      In reality it gives power according to what Araki deems the most convenient to advance the story (and create symbolism).

        Loading editor
    • Zoeblo wrote:
      Thehonestone wrote:
      Zoeblo wrote:
      so what's the common misconception?
      people think that requiem stands and their powers are just hyper op reality warping versions of the original stands abilties, when in reality they are something else entirely.
      but don't requiem stands get a power depending what the user wants the most when their stand gets hit by the requiem arrow? 

      yep.

      what I just said was what people THINK they are

        Loading editor
    • i thought requiem stands were common sense

        Loading editor
    • Zoeblo wrote:
      i thought requiem stands were common sense

      funny

      also, I sit down with the force of a million exploding suns

        Loading editor
    • if you fart too much you might want to see a doctor

        Loading editor
    • Zoeblo wrote:
      if you fart too much you might want to see a doctor

      that was my jokes

      also, I am a bootleg.

      also, back to requeim stands:

      people often think things like lets say "soft and wet requiem" would be "steal everything, like time and gravity" but requiem stands are made to acomplish the biggest desire one has at the moment they are periced.

        Loading editor
    • explain your joke plz

        Loading editor
    • Zoeblo wrote:
      explain your joke plz

      I was "lack of sleep-drunk"

        Loading editor
    • yeah but what was the funny?

        Loading editor
    • Zoeblo wrote:
      yeah but what was the funny?

      lets forget I even said that

        Loading editor
    • I thought about this when creating my own stand and I came to the conclusion that, as Thehonestone previously stated, that when a stand evolves into a requiem it gain a hyper OP power based off what the user needed at the moment of being pierced but the stand would only evolve if the user had the potential to and also the arrow in part 4 and the one in part 5 are 2 different and I figured that the part 5 arrow could create requiems because the was more of the meteorite in it then the part 4 one and as for what GodKingReiss said, chariot was pricked not pierced fully, hence it almost went berserk until polneraff took the arrow away and if polneraff from part 3 obtained chariot requiem then he might be able to control it because he wouldn't be as injured as part 5 polneraff.

        Loading editor
    • Zoeblo wrote:
      so what's the common misconception?

      Did you even read it?

        Loading editor
    • BaronBlackFalcon wrote:
      Zoeblo wrote:
      so what's the common misconception?
      Did you even read it?

      whoa you're late

        Loading editor
    • I completely agree with the misconception. BtD is not a requiem stand but I won't explain why since it was explained earlier in this thread. Something that bothers me is in the fan made stands thread. Many people decided what the requiem ability would be even without a situation that would accomplish a requiem stand like a fight where the requiem arrow would spontanously appear.

        Loading editor
    • But what would happen if the arrow pierces an independent stand?

        Loading editor
    • Robiolo wrote:
      But what would happen if the arrow pierces an independent stand?

      probably the same thing that happens to stands with an user

        Loading editor
    • Zoeblo wrote:
      Robiolo wrote:
      But what would happen if the arrow pierces an independent stand?
      probably the same thing that happens to stands with an user

      Yeah but if the stand has no user to wish something then what would the requiem stand ability depend on?

        Loading editor
    • Robiolo wrote:
      Zoeblo wrote:
      Robiolo wrote:
      But what would happen if the arrow pierces an independent stand?
      probably the same thing that happens to stands with an user
      Yeah but if the stand has no user to wish something then what would the requiem stand ability depend on?

      the independent in the independent stand type implies that they are sentient and thus want something, an independent stand would probably get a very specific requiem ability but it'd be a requiem ability nonetheless

        Loading editor
    • It might get a user instead of an ability.

        Loading editor
    • Necrokinetic wrote:
      It might get a user instead of an ability.

      Requiem arrows grant stands, not users. This isn't hard to understand people.

        Loading editor
    • Zodazzle wrote:
      Necrokinetic wrote:
      It might get a user instead of an ability.
      Requiem arrows grant stands, not users. This isn't hard to understand people.

      i think he got confused because of that one time when polnareff's soul got transported into a turtle

        Loading editor
    • I meant that a stand like Anubis might get a user when it becomes a requiem stand.

        Loading editor
    • Necrokinetic wrote:
      I meant that a stand like Anubis might get a user when it becomes a requiem stand.

      i think anubis would straight up die if it got hit by a requiem arrow

        Loading editor
    • Maybe, but he's currently rusting at the bottom of a river...

        Loading editor
    • Explain to me how a requiem arrow grants a user

        Loading editor
    • yeah it doesn't make sense unless the stand's original user wishes to share their stand with someone

        Loading editor
    • Necrokinetic wrote:
      It might get a user instead of an ability.

      no

        Loading editor
    • Well, I said MIGHT, not will.

        Loading editor
    • Necrokinetic wrote:
      Well, I said MIGHT, not will.

      It is not that everyone disagrees from  the start on, but they wanna hear your explanation on how that would function to get rid of their sceptisism.

        Loading editor
    • Sure then. If there's no user, it falls to the stand to decide what they want exactly in the moment they go requiem. A requiem stand may decide to grow stronger, or it might(EMPHASIS ON MIGHT) want companionship, bonding itself to the nearest living thing with the strongest will.

        Loading editor
    • It's just an idea, if you dislike it, that's fine.

        Loading editor
    • Necrokinetic wrote:
      Well, I said MIGHT, not will.

      it wont

        Loading editor
    • Lvxuria wrote:

      Necrokinetic wrote:
      Well, I said MIGHT, not will.

      it wont

      Care to explain?

        Loading editor
    • Alright, I'm just going to put this idea to bed. No, an independent stand would not get a user from a requiem arrow. Why? Well first, that is not all how a requiem arrow works. It grants stands, not users. If it was pierced, then it would just get upgraded to an ability it desires/needs to complete their desires. And if the stand wanted a user, then they would get an ability that would likely make it so it can possess people and make them their user. That's how I see it, getting a user from an arrow that grants stands doesn't make sense, even if you take into account the ability.

        Loading editor
    • Thanks for clearing it up.

        Loading editor
    • nonononono, you've got it all wrong. Your supposed 'true functionality of Requiem Stands' was actually the true common misconception revolving around Requiem Stands.

      The Requiem Arrow DOES grant you super overpowered reality/soul/time-manipulating Stands. That's literally all it does. Here's why:

      1. Chariot Requiem's ability has nothing to do with protecting the arrow. Its ability is Soul Manipulation. Saying that its ability is designed to protect the arrow is like saying Star Platinum's ability is to punch people because that's what it usually does. Chariot Requiem defended the arrow because it was Polnareff's last command before he died. Due to the fact that Requiems are sentient, as shown by GER, it followed his order in an indiscriminate rampage, even attacking Polnareff himself once he was moved into Coco Jumbo's body because he could no longer command it.

      2. Polnareff awakened Chariot Requiem years prior when he tried to pick up the arrow from behind the stove using Silver Chariot. When it pricked its finger on the arrow and evolved, Chariot put everyone within range (except Polnareff himself) to sleep, which is literally what it does the moment it's reawakened in Polnareff's fight against Diavolo. It should be noted that Polnareff was in NO danger at that time, as he was out in the countryside with only cows and farmers nearby. This alone is the defining reason why your argument is flawed and likely incorrect.

      3. I need a third point because two squared is four.

        Loading editor
    • Necrokinetic wrote:

      Lvxuria wrote:

      Necrokinetic wrote:
      Well, I said MIGHT, not will.
      it wont
      Care to explain?

      A requiem arrow gives what the user wants at the exact same time. Anubis is its own user. The closest thing it can give to an "user" is a humanoid stand equipping the sword, which is still the stand. It cannot give an actual user, as it is already its own user.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe a visible, more humanoid part replaces Anubis' sword.

        Loading editor
    • Like, his sealed form

        Loading editor
    • Lvxuria wrote:
      Necrokinetic wrote:

      Lvxuria wrote:


      Necrokinetic wrote:
      Well, I said MIGHT, not will.
      it wont
      Care to explain?
      A requiem arrow gives what the user wants at the exact same time. Anubis is its own user. The closest thing it can give to an "user" is a humanoid stand equipping the sword, which is still the stand. It cannot give an actual user, as it is already its own user.

      Essentilly, it shall give it a weilder. 

        Loading editor
    • Is no one paying attention to what I said? It has NOTHING to do with giving the user what it wants. Seriously, people, the only slight 'evidence' is Chariot defending the arrow (again, not an ability) and GER being strong enough to defeat King Crimson (which Chariot WOULD have been if it didn't go berserk).

        Loading editor
    • Honestly I dont see why BTD can't count as a requiem stand. It actually does act on its own since it attack Rohan while Kira was walking to work. And a Requiem Arrow is just a normal arrow with more of the virus so shouldnt two arrows equal 1 requiem arrow? Atleast tho BTD could just be a prototype for Requiem stands.

        Loading editor
    • BTD was made when Kira was pierced. In both instances of a requiem stand, the stand itself was pierced.

        Loading editor
    • they both seem to be sentient as well

        Loading editor
    • bites the dust just follows orders, it doesn't seem to be sentient.

        Loading editor
    • unless I'm wrong and it can think for itself

        Loading editor
    • No, as in both requiem stands seem to be sentient.

        Loading editor
    • Infant's Isopod wrote: nonononono, you've got it all wrong. Your supposed 'true functionality of Requiem Stands' was actually the true common misconception revolving around Requiem Stands.

      The Requiem Arrow DOES grant you super overpowered reality/soul/time-manipulating Stands. That's literally all it does. Here's why:

      1. Chariot Requiem's ability has nothing to do with protecting the arrow. Its ability is Soul Manipulation. Saying that its ability is designed to protect the arrow is like saying Star Platinum's ability is to punch people because that's what it usually does. Chariot Requiem defended the arrow because it was Polnareff's last command before he died. Due to the fact that Requiems are sentient, as shown by GER, it followed his order in an indiscriminate rampage, even attacking Polnareff himself once he was moved into Coco Jumbo's body because he could no longer command it.

      2. Polnareff awakened Chariot Requiem years prior when he tried to pick up the arrow from behind the stove using Silver Chariot. When it pricked its finger on the arrow and evolved, Chariot put everyone within range (except Polnareff himself) to sleep, which is literally what it does the moment it's reawakened in Polnareff's fight against Diavolo. It should be noted that Polnareff was in NO danger at that time, as he was out in the countryside with only cows and farmers nearby. This alone is the defining reason why your argument is flawed and likely incorrect.

      3. I need a third point because two squared is four.

      No, Chariot Requiem does protect the arrow. When you get to close to the arrow your own Stand attacks you, if you don't have a Stand Chariot Requiem itself attacks you and to defeat it you have to destroy your own soul. Also only because when he first saw it it put everything to sleep doesn't mean everything after that would also be the same.

        Loading editor
    • CrimsonGatto wrote:

      Infant's Isopod wrote: nonononono, you've got it all wrong. Your supposed 'true functionality of Requiem Stands' was actually the true common misconception revolving around Requiem Stands.

      The Requiem Arrow DOES grant you super overpowered reality/soul/time-manipulating Stands. That's literally all it does. Here's why:

      1. Chariot Requiem's ability has nothing to do with protecting the arrow. Its ability is Soul Manipulation. Saying that its ability is designed to protect the arrow is like saying Star Platinum's ability is to punch people because that's what it usually does. Chariot Requiem defended the arrow because it was Polnareff's last command before he died. Due to the fact that Requiems are sentient, as shown by GER, it followed his order in an indiscriminate rampage, even attacking Polnareff himself once he was moved into Coco Jumbo's body because he could no longer command it.

      2. Polnareff awakened Chariot Requiem years prior when he tried to pick up the arrow from behind the stove using Silver Chariot. When it pricked its finger on the arrow and evolved, Chariot put everyone within range (except Polnareff himself) to sleep, which is literally what it does the moment it's reawakened in Polnareff's fight against Diavolo. It should be noted that Polnareff was in NO danger at that time, as he was out in the countryside with only cows and farmers nearby. This alone is the defining reason why your argument is flawed and likely incorrect.

      3. I need a third point because two squared is four.

      No, Chariot Requiem does protect the arrow. When you get to close to the arrow your own Stand attacks you, if you don't have a Stand Chariot Requiem itself attacks you and to defeat it you have to destroy your own soul. Also only because when he first saw it it put everything to sleep doesn't mean everything after that would also be the same.

      That is an application of Chariot's ability, not the core functionality of it. It's likely that, if Polnareff still had control, he would be able to use the Stand manipulation aspect without any necessary restrictions.

      Also, yes, it would. It was the exact same Stand. Same effect, same appearance. There's no reason why the ability would change  that drastically just because Polnareff is dead.

        Loading editor
    • Ok. My head hurts after binge reading this and I feel more confused on what Requiem Stands are than before. But- two potential things I haven't seen anyone consider are; 

      A- What if there's simply a difference between the Stand and the Stand user getting pierced? Maybe that'd explain why Killer Queen gained a new ability rather than a new form and why Silver Chariot and Gold Experience gained a new form instead of just an ability. (And, yes- this is tossing the "Each Arrow gives a different affect" theory to the side.) 

      B- What if Sentientcy isn't a guaranteed - and therefore - standard factor of Requiem Stands? This would pave the way for BtD to actually be a Requiem Stand. 

        Loading editor
    • BtD is probably beta Requiem

      before Araki developed that golden arrow idea 

        Loading editor
    • ImaFanMan wrote:
      Ok. My head hurts after binge reading this and I feel more confused on what Requiem Stands are than before. But- two potential things I haven't seen anyone consider are; 

      A- What if there's simply a difference between the Stand and the Stand user getting pierced? Maybe that'd explain why Killer Queen gained a new ability rather than a new form and why Silver Chariot and Gold Experience gained a new form instead of just an ability. (And, yes- this is tossing the "Each Arrow gives a different affect" theory to the side.) 

      B- What if Sentientcy isn't a guaranteed - and therefore - standard factor of Requiem Stands? This would pave the way for BtD to actually be a Requiem Stand. 

      Your head hurts because quite frankly no one fucking knows how Requiems work. We've just been circlejerking our theories as fact and that means the line between truth and hypothesis has become muddled. We don't know whether or not BtD is a Requiem (I assume it isn't), we don't know what kind of abilities Requiems gain, and we're all confused as all hell because some people have taken it upon themselves to overwrite Araki's canon with their own fan-theories.

        Loading editor
    • Infant's Isopod wrote:

      CrimsonGatto wrote:

      Infant's Isopod wrote: nonononono, you've got it all wrong. Your supposed 'true functionality of Requiem Stands' was actually the true common misconception revolving around Requiem Stands.

      The Requiem Arrow DOES grant you super overpowered reality/soul/time-manipulating Stands. That's literally all it does. Here's why:

      1. Chariot Requiem's ability has nothing to do with protecting the arrow. Its ability is Soul Manipulation. Saying that its ability is designed to protect the arrow is like saying Star Platinum's ability is to punch people because that's what it usually does. Chariot Requiem defended the arrow because it was Polnareff's last command before he died. Due to the fact that Requiems are sentient, as shown by GER, it followed his order in an indiscriminate rampage, even attacking Polnareff himself once he was moved into Coco Jumbo's body because he could no longer command it.

      2. Polnareff awakened Chariot Requiem years prior when he tried to pick up the arrow from behind the stove using Silver Chariot. When it pricked its finger on the arrow and evolved, Chariot put everyone within range (except Polnareff himself) to sleep, which is literally what it does the moment it's reawakened in Polnareff's fight against Diavolo. It should be noted that Polnareff was in NO danger at that time, as he was out in the countryside with only cows and farmers nearby. This alone is the defining reason why your argument is flawed and likely incorrect.

      3. I need a third point because two squared is four.

      No, Chariot Requiem does protect the arrow. When you get to close to the arrow your own Stand attacks you, if you don't have a Stand Chariot Requiem itself attacks you and to defeat it you have to destroy your own soul. Also only because when he first saw it it put everything to sleep doesn't mean everything after that would also be the same.

      That is an application of Chariot's ability, not the core functionality of it. It's likely that, if Polnareff still had control, he would be able to use the Stand manipulation aspect without any necessary restrictions.

      Also, yes, it would. It was the exact same Stand. Same effect, same appearance. There's no reason why the ability would change  that drastically just because Polnareff is dead.

      It literally only attacks you if you try to get the arrow. Even if you attack Chariot Requiem it doesn't care as long as you don't get near the arrow. Besides, the fact that you have to destroy your own soul to defeat it is perfect against Diavolo because he values his life above ecerything else. (I hope my grammar is correct)

        Loading editor
    • CrimsonGatto wrote:

      Infant's Isopod wrote:

      CrimsonGatto wrote:

      Infant's Isopod wrote: nonononono, you've got it all wrong. Your supposed 'true functionality of Requiem Stands' was actually the true common misconception revolving around Requiem Stands.

      The Requiem Arrow DOES grant you super overpowered reality/soul/time-manipulating Stands. That's literally all it does. Here's why:

      1. Chariot Requiem's ability has nothing to do with protecting the arrow. Its ability is Soul Manipulation. Saying that its ability is designed to protect the arrow is like saying Star Platinum's ability is to punch people because that's what it usually does. Chariot Requiem defended the arrow because it was Polnareff's last command before he died. Due to the fact that Requiems are sentient, as shown by GER, it followed his order in an indiscriminate rampage, even attacking Polnareff himself once he was moved into Coco Jumbo's body because he could no longer command it.

      2. Polnareff awakened Chariot Requiem years prior when he tried to pick up the arrow from behind the stove using Silver Chariot. When it pricked its finger on the arrow and evolved, Chariot put everyone within range (except Polnareff himself) to sleep, which is literally what it does the moment it's reawakened in Polnareff's fight against Diavolo. It should be noted that Polnareff was in NO danger at that time, as he was out in the countryside with only cows and farmers nearby. This alone is the defining reason why your argument is flawed and likely incorrect.

      3. I need a third point because two squared is four.

      No, Chariot Requiem does protect the arrow. When you get to close to the arrow your own Stand attacks you, if you don't have a Stand Chariot Requiem itself attacks you and to defeat it you have to destroy your own soul. Also only because when he first saw it it put everything to sleep doesn't mean everything after that would also be the same.
      That is an application of Chariot's ability, not the core functionality of it. It's likely that, if Polnareff still had control, he would be able to use the Stand manipulation aspect without any necessary restrictions.

      Also, yes, it would. It was the exact same Stand. Same effect, same appearance. There's no reason why the ability would change  that drastically just because Polnareff is dead.

      It literally only attacks you if you try to get the arrow. Even if you attack Chariot Requiem it doesn't care as long as you don't get near the arrow. Besides, the fact that you have to destroy your own soul to defeat it is perfect against Diavolo because he values his life above ecerything else. (I hope my grammar is correct)

      Behavior does not equate to ability. That's like saying that Black Sabbath only chasing after those who relight the lighter is an ability. It's not an ability if it's literally just a specific condition or handicap that, to an ordinary human being, would just be a disability.

        Loading editor
    • No clue

        Loading editor
    • BTD is not a Requiem but the accident of Kira being pierced again worked loosely in a similar way. It didn't reshape Killer Queen in something new based on what Kira needed, but gave it a new power still based on what he needed at the moment.

        Loading editor
    • The reason for Chariot Requiem's soul-exchanging ability could be due to Polnareff's desire to keep the arrow out of Diavolo's hands? If souls were swapped, Diavolo could have a harder or impossible time getting the arrow if Polnareff just so happened to shift Diavolo's soul away and kill his corporeal body.

        Loading editor
    • Necrokinetic wrote:
      The reason for Chariot Requiem's soul-exchanging ability could be due to Polnareff's desire to keep the arrow out of Diavolo's hands? If souls were swapped, Diavolo could have a harder or impossible time getting the arrow if Polnareff just so happened to shift Diavolo's soul away and kill his corporeal body.

      And what about that time Polnareff wasn't fighting Diavolo (let alone anyone at all) and got the exact same Stand, and the exact same ability?

        Loading editor
    • True, but I still have a hard time believing the soul manipulation theory when it comes to GER. It is clearly stated that it returns actions to zero, and nothing with souls. It's hard to detest the fact that Polnareff the same ability twice though. 

        Loading editor
    • Zodazzle wrote:
      True, but I still have a hard time believing the soul manipulation theory when it comes to GER. It is clearly stated that it returns actions to zero, and nothing with souls. It's hard to detest the fact that Polnareff the same ability twice though. 

      Well, you could make the argument that, given the fact that Trish could still sense Diavolo in the area even after he was placed in the death loop, GER only transports the mind/soul to its death dimension. Not to mention, Diavolo being unable to summon King Crimson, let alone use its ability during the death loop implies that it has some level of control over the target's Stand, at least to the degree of being able to prevent them from using it.

        Loading editor
    • i've no choice but to agree with isopod here, your soul is your mind, your soul decides what your body does and thus GER can stop you from doing any action you would decide to take, even though i wish araki would go deeper into this i can't help but assume that all requiem abilities manipulate souls

        Loading editor
    • Infant's Isopod wrote:

      Necrokinetic wrote:
      The reason for Chariot Requiem's soul-exchanging ability could be due to Polnareff's desire to keep the arrow out of Diavolo's hands? If souls were swapped, Diavolo could have a harder or impossible time getting the arrow if Polnareff just so happened to shift Diavolo's soul away and kill his corporeal body.

      And what about that time Polnareff wasn't fighting Diavolo (let alone anyone at all) and got the exact same Stand, and the exact same ability?

      But that was sleep not soul swapping

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.