FANDOM


  • In my opinion is Joseph win against ultimate Kars.

      Loading editor
    • Star Platinum gaining the time stop ability to counter DIO.

        Loading editor
    • Probably the Requiem ability.

        Loading editor
    • Kakorat wrote:
      Probably the Requiem ability.

      I second this.

        Loading editor
    • Well all of these are dead wrong. Harmless twists at worst.

      The worst asspull ever in Jojo is having Dio, who up to part 3 was just the ambitious asshole, all of a sudden, have a convoluted and nonsensical plan to "reach Heaven" he wrote down on a diary we never heard of, requiring precise coordinates and gravitational conditions, a friend that we've never heard of and which is badly out of character considering how much Dio sees himself above others, and that Jotaro all of a sudden read but never talked about, just so Pucci can steal his memory because he somehow just knew Jotaro knew about the plan.

      Jotaro having timestop, Joseph and the Aja Stone, Requiem, these are end-part stuff. At worst, it lessens the impact of the final fight of a given part.

      The diary is the prompt of an entire part. Part 6 is built on an asspull. This fucking diary ruined an entire part. It also retroactively kinda ruins Part 3 since Dio already completed the plan and just had to fly to Cape Canaveral instead of waiting 50 days for Jotaro. Nothing could have prevented him from doing this. It contradicts the whole idea of DIO needing Joestar blood in Part 3.

      On don't give me that "but Dio talked about peace of mind" crap. When he took Joseph's blood, he was full-on "bow before me, humans!" mode. That peace of mind crap was a way to psyche Polnareff.

        Loading editor
    • Huh... I actually agree with a lot of that. I would like to say that the part-ending abilities are also significant as they cheapen the part’s ending and unjustly defeats the villain without giving a good strategy or something sensible. That being said, I can totally understand your point of view. It doesn’t really make sense that DIO would know all of these very specific things that would just happen to create a perfected stand. There wasn’t really any way for him to find this out. And DIO from Part 6 felt like a completely different character than DIO from parts 1 and 3. There was also no foreshadowing to it, so that definitely makes it an asspull. As for your claim that he would think that he could achieve heaven without fighting Jotaro... I’m not so sure about that. As previously mentioned, he needed joestar blood to get his body under his complete control. It doesn’t surprise me that he would want that even if he could achieve heaven. He would also want to defeat the crusaders first, as they are his greatest threat. Another thing that bothers me about the whole heaven thing was that the only one who could possibly achieve it was Pucci. I mean, isn’t having your main villain the only person who could possibly achieve the supposed greatest power in the universe a little too convenient? I get that Araki has this consistent theme of destiny, but I think that is too much even for that.

        Loading editor
    • The entirety of part 2, in fact Joseph had so many ass pulls he managed to transfer them to Jotaro to beat DIO

        Loading editor
    • MSEAdvanced wrote:
      The entirety of part 2, in fact Joseph had so many ass pulls he managed to transfer them to Jotaro to beat DIO

      That's Joseph for you, the king of asspulls. It must be Hermit Purple's secret ability. 

        Loading editor
    • I will never understand why people think Part 5's ending is an asspull. It was literally established like a chapter prior that stabbing your Stand with the arrow would evolve it into something incredibly powerful. The reason why Chariot went berserk was because, oh I don't know, POLNAREFF DIED!

      As for Part 3's ending, that's debatable. Some argue it was foreshadowed in the final battle when Jotaro somehow magically teleported into the sewer despite being a good 10 meters away, some even suggesting it was foreshadowed way back in the Geb fight when he reappears behind N'doul despite not having any way of crossing that distance in time. I personally believe those theories since there's a lot of concrete evidence behind it (most of it regarding Crazy Diamond's similarities to The World and how the same could be applied to Jotaro), though it's still a subjective matter.

      Part 2 is totally an asspull though.

        Loading editor
    • Probably Marco dying of a cold after all that Gyro went through to keep him alive.

        Loading editor
    • stands

        Loading editor
    • B4SS WUBBING wrote: stands

      I don’t know if I would consider that an asspull, but there definitely wasn’t any foreshadowing for them, so you are correct on that front.

        Loading editor
    • There are some theories that Joseph's constant "Your next move" gag is actually hermit purple subconciously manifesting when he's in range of the enemy, using its divination abilities and what not to aid him in combat. Since he mostly fought at mid to close range, it wouldn't be an absurd thought, and whether or not HP is a unique stand for Joseph or a stand-like manifestation of a powerful hamaon, I think the fact that he was known for doing weird foresight gags and then got a stand that had the same ability is way too fishy.

        Loading editor
    • Seventy96 wrote: In my opinion is Joseph win against ultimate Kars.

      So far, you beat the bad guy without killing him and he’s left to long for death that won’t come.

        Loading editor
    • Noelnator wrote:
      Star Platinum gaining the time stop ability to counter DIO.

      To it's credit, it was kinda foreshadowed by establishing that Star Platinum and The World are similar Stand types and that SP had a high level of development potential. But yeah, it was WWAAAAAYYY too convenient.

        Loading editor
    • Basically, one of the baddest Deus ex machinas ever pulled off in anime history.

        Loading editor
    • The plan to reach Heaven because of how nonsensial it is, it violates the pre-established rules of the universe and integeral it is the plot

        Loading editor
    • BaronBlackFalcon wrote:
      Noelnator wrote:
      Star Platinum gaining the time stop ability to counter DIO.
      To it's credit, it was kinda foreshadowed by establishing that Star Platinum and The World are similar Stand types and that SP had a high level of development potential. But yeah, it was WWAAAAAYYY too convenient.

      By my headcanon, SP basically requiemed without an arrow

        Loading editor
    • I always thought of it as the best deus ex machina against an enemy that was believed to be invincible.

        Loading editor
    • Emporio being able to activate the dormant oxygen ability of Heavy Weather even when Weather Report himself couldn't do it.

        Loading editor
    • Darth Cader wrote:
      Emporio being able to activate the dormant oxygen ability of Heavy Weather even when Weather Report himself couldn't do it.

      The oxygen ability wasn't dormant, it was using Weather Report's weather control to build up oxygen.

        Loading editor
    • No. Emporio literally says “An ability that lay dormant in Weather Report. I read about it in a book once.”

        Loading editor
    • I bet when he means dormant, he means something Weather just didn't realize he could do. It's really simple.

        Loading editor
    • I guess it might be that but a more elaborate translation would definitely help. But either way I still find it weird how Emporio could activate this ability when it isn’t even his Stand

        Loading editor
    • He used the Weather Report stand disc that Pucci had on himself. That's how. From then on, Emporio could use it.

        Loading editor
    • Well duh I get how Emporio got Weather Report but it’s still kinda convienent that he could use a hidden ability that Weather was never aware of which allowed Emporio to beat Pucci.

        Loading editor
    • Well it's not an asspull, considering it makes sense and isn't just bullshit. Emporio just had an idea that Weather just never thought of. Weather Report is such a diverse stand that it makes sense Weather wouldn't realize some things.

        Loading editor
    • I guess you’re right. So now onto Pucci, the physical embodiment of asspulls that allowed him to get out of literally every situation up until Emporio and literally breathing.

        Loading editor
    • Star Platinum and The World being the same type of Stands gets even more confusing since part 4 retconned The World to be a Stand awaken by the Arrow. Adding to the fact that there exists a theory that since DIO is Jonathan from the neck down, The World was probably product of the Joestar bloodline, which would explain why it's similar to Star Platinum......BUUUUUUT Araki confirmed that Hermit Purple 2 is Jonathan's Stand. So Araki kinda shot himself in the foot.

        Loading editor
    • BaronBlackFalcon wrote:
      Star Platinum and The World being the same type of Stands gets even more confusing since part 4 retconned The World to be a Stand awaken by the Arrow. Adding to the fact that there exists a theory that since DIO is Jonathan from the neck down, The World was probably product of the Joestar bloodline, which would explain why it's similar to Star Platinum......BUUUUUUT Araki confirmed that Hermit Purple 2 is Jonathan's Stand. So Araki kinda shot himself in the foot.

      He didn't...? There was never a rule about being unable to inherit Stands from a relative who was pierced by an arrow. Also, The World isn't a byproduct of the Joestar bloodline. It's the reverse. If anything, Star Platinum is probably a byproduct of The World and Jonathan combined. That would honestly make more sense to me, considering Star Platinum looks more like Jonathan than The World does.

        Loading editor
    • I hate the "DIO's bone gives you part of Za Warudo" asspull in part 6. There are lots of asspulls out there, such as GER or Jotaro being able to do za warudo, but those can make sense or be enjoyable, while Pucci's dodge is complete utter BS. It could be all over in that moment, but yeah, okay, Pucci can see in stopped time because why not. There's no way in hell that BONE can inherit DIO's stand and Pucci doesn't have a similar stand to Jotaro, so WHY is this asspull even a thing. I believe it was made up on the spot, it was the most disappointing twist for me in all of Jojo's.

        Loading editor
    • SevenDeadMen wrote:
      There are some theories that Joseph's constant "Your next move" gag is actually hermit purple subconciously manifesting when he's in range of the enemy, using its divination abilities and what not to aid him in combat. Since he mostly fought at mid to close range, it wouldn't be an absurd thought, and whether or not HP is a unique stand for Joseph or a stand-like manifestation of a powerful hamaon, I think the fact that he was known for doing weird foresight gags and then got a stand that had the same ability is way too fishy.

      He only got his Stand when Jonathan´s body got a Stand. I think his prediction gags are just a product of analysis and misdirection on his part. It´s true that it´s not a coincidence that Hermit Purple has divination abilities, because Stands are like manifestations of the user´s spirit. Their personalities influence what a Stand´s abilities are, which is also why users with stronger spirits have stronger Stands in general. Joseph was good at predicting what his enemies would do, which is why his Stand has actual divination abilities.



      That being said, I believe Joseph´s win against Kars was the biggest ass-pull in Jojo, because it was achieved by the most incredible amount of luck I've ever seen.

        Loading editor
    • KFears wrote:
      I hate the "DIO's bone gives you part of Za Warudo" asspull in part 6. There are lots of asspulls out there, such as GER or Jotaro being able to do za warudo, but those can make sense or be enjoyable, while Pucci's dodge is complete utter BS. It could be all over in that moment, but yeah, okay, Pucci can see in stopped time because why not. There's no way in hell that BONE can inherit DIO's stand and Pucci doesn't have a similar stand to Jotaro, so WHY is this asspull even a thing. I believe it was made up on the spot, it was the most disappointing twist for me in all of Jojo's.

      The reason Pucci moved in stopped time was because of C-Moon. I cant really explain it, but it has some stuff to do with gravity effecting time and things.

        Loading editor
    •  

      Part 6 is the WORST jojo part, period.  Many fights are way convoluted, too much expositions were used in the panels to MAKE SURE that the readers get it.  That really wasn't how a manga should be, it made the manga wayyyy less dynamic and fluid. To be honest Part 6 started out very good and interesting! But once Jotaro's disc got taken, the story went downhill and never picked up.  I pretty much lost interested in reading it after they have escaped the prison.  And considering I have been a big JoJo fan for all my life.  Yes I finished Part 5 in year 2000! 

      Now to be a little off topic.  To me, the pinnacle of JoJo is Part 5, it was my favorite part of JoJo.  Of course it's not perfect, but the story is very consistent, all characters are unique and likable and well developed.  If you think about it, Part 5 has the least asspulls in any given part of Jojo.  Yes at the beginning Giorno has some BS abilities that got scratch off from the rest of the story arc, but that's about it!  And I don't think the boss's defeat by GER at the end was asspull, because the story was planned that way, King Crimson was supposed to have no weakness, the only way to defeat him was to create a requiem stand.  You can call it unfair, but it's not an asspull.    And to me, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure ends at Part 5, period.  The main story ends at the end of Part 5.  And not just to me, many early JoJo fans from east asian countries like me who thought the same way.  We just couldn't accept the mess in Part 6.    

      Part 7 and 8 were the 2nd coming of Jojo, and I am very glad to say that they are actually pretty high quality.  

        Loading editor
    • Now here are my top two asspull fights:

      1). Jotaro vs Dio.  Yup, I don't have to say more.  I guess Dio's curiosty got himself killed.  But still, killed buy a single punch to his leg?  LOL

      2). Yuya (Highway Star) & Josuke vs. Terunosuke (Enigma).   It was absolutely bullshit that Yuya can stick his hand out to open Josuke's paper in the shredder ONCE he was trapped in a paper by Enigma.   This is in my opinion the most WTF asspull in jojo.   

        Loading editor
    • You didn't even really discuss the topic, you just ranted about how bad Part 6 is and how good Part 5 is (come on man, Part 7 is objectively the best part).

      Edit: wrote message when you hadn't posted

        Loading editor
    • CrazySalami wrote:

      1). Jotaro vs Dio.  Yup, I don't have to say more.  I guess Dio's curiosty got himself killed.  But still, killed buy a single punch to his leg?  LOL

      Left side of Dio's body is weaker. Guess, which leg Dio used.

        Loading editor
    • I honestly think that the biggest ass-pull is when Jotaro and Dio just started to fly. Like, why the heck hasn't Jotaro been flying around his enemies and stuff all of part 3.

        Loading editor
    • They never flew. They were using their stands to launch them. It just looks like that from the camera's perspective.

        Loading editor
    • Joseph putting the grenades on straizo is one that comes to mind for me.

        Loading editor
    • TheBestAround150 wrote:
      The reason Pucci moved in stopped time was because of C-Moon. I cant really explain it, but it has some stuff to do with gravity effecting time and things.

      Okay, maybe he adapted or something. But Dio's diary explicitly says that to go to Heaven you need za warudo. Pucci couldn't have gotten MIH then. And no, EOH in not considered canon, also there's no point to even introduce the diary in the first place if you could just go off-scripts and get something similar in results. So I think that bone really did have a little part of za warudo, but it's just bad writing because we all know that stands can't exist if user is dead. I don't believe that za warudo is an exception like B.I.G.

        Loading editor
    • Star Dust Crusaders Season 1 Episode 22.

      that's all I'm saying its bullshit.

        Loading editor
    • Star Finger (I don't have any problem with SC's time-stop).

      Some DiU characters, like Reimi, Kira Sr. and Mikitako (I don't mind them tho).

        Loading editor
    • Part 4 had a shit ton of asspulls. Josuke’s ability was abused a lot and at times some stuff just doesn’t make sense. Like why couldn’t Josuke just “fix” Kira’s coat button. And Araki really wanted Kira to lose more than anything. Like Jotaro literally came back from the dead to punch Kira. And the final fight was scraping the bottom of the barrel for things that Josuke could do. Like lmao he fixed his blood. Kira could’ve used Bites the Dust earlier but he instead chose to chase Josuke and Echoes 3 freeze at the end was really infuriating. Kira had it pretty tough.

        Loading editor
    • Red432001 wrote:
      Part 4 had a shit ton of asspulls. Josuke’s ability was abused a lot and at times some stuff just doesn’t make sense. Like why couldn’t Josuke just “fix” Kira’s coat button. And Araki really wanted Kira to lose more than anything. Like Jotaro literally came back from the dead to punch Kira. And the final fight was scraping the bottom of the barrel for things that Josuke could do. Like lmao he fixed his blood. Kira could’ve used Bites the Dust earlier but he instead chose to chase Josuke and Echoes 3 freeze at the end was really infuriating. Kira had it pretty tough.

      Half of those aren't even asspulls.

      1. Josuke's power doesn't fix things, it restores them to a state that Josuke chooses, and they don't even have to be reconstructed properly if he so desires. None of the instances where he uses it break those rules. Thus, not an asspull.

      2. Not fixing Kira's coat button isn't an asspull, either, that's a plothole.

      3. Jotaro wasn't dead. Not an asspull.

      4. Josuke was always shown to be able to restore blood, what the fuck are you on about? Not an asspull.

      5. Bites the Dust requires a Standless target who knows Kira's name to come in contact with him before it can even be activated. Hayato ran off and no one was nearby, so he couldn't have done that. Again, NOT AN ASSPULL.

      Some of these are valid criticisms, but learn the definition of an asspull before blindly throwing the word around.

        Loading editor
    • Infant's Isopod wrote:

      Red432001 wrote:
      Part 4 had a shit ton of asspulls. Josuke’s ability was abused a lot and at times some stuff just doesn’t make sense. Like why couldn’t Josuke just “fix” Kira’s coat button. And Araki really wanted Kira to lose more than anything. Like Jotaro literally came back from the dead to punch Kira. And the final fight was scraping the bottom of the barrel for things that Josuke could do. Like lmao he fixed his blood. Kira could’ve used Bites the Dust earlier but he instead chose to chase Josuke and Echoes 3 freeze at the end was really infuriating. Kira had it pretty tough.

      Half of those aren't even asspulls.

      1. Josuke's power doesn't fix things, it restores them to a state that Josuke chooses, and they don't even have to be reconstructed properly if he so desires. None of the instances where he uses it break those rules. Thus, not an asspull.

      2. Not fixing Kira's coat button isn't an asspull, either, that's a plothole.

      3. Jotaro wasn't dead. Not an asspull.

      4. Josuke was always shown to be able to restore blood, what the fuck are you on about? Not an asspull.

      5. Bites the Dust requires a Standless target who knows Kira's name to come in contact with him before it can even be activated. Hayato ran off and no one was nearby, so he couldn't have done that. Again, NOT AN ASSPULL.

      Some of these are valid criticisms, but learn the definition of an asspull before blindly throwing the word around.

      While I agree with the first three, Josuke actually smeared blood on the heart-shaped glass and threw it so that it would return to some more of his blood on Kira’s coat. He’d bled all over the street they were fighting in a while back. Why did it specifically return to the blood on Kira’s coat? And what about the panty guy Kira killed? Couldn’t he have used bites the dust on him?

        Loading editor
    • The panty guy? He did not know at all who Kira or Kosaku was. So Bites the Dust wouldn't of worked.

        Loading editor
    • Red432001 wrote:

      Infant's Isopod wrote:

      Red432001 wrote:
      Part 4 had a shit ton of asspulls. Josuke’s ability was abused a lot and at times some stuff just doesn’t make sense. Like why couldn’t Josuke just “fix” Kira’s coat button. And Araki really wanted Kira to lose more than anything. Like Jotaro literally came back from the dead to punch Kira. And the final fight was scraping the bottom of the barrel for things that Josuke could do. Like lmao he fixed his blood. Kira could’ve used Bites the Dust earlier but he instead chose to chase Josuke and Echoes 3 freeze at the end was really infuriating. Kira had it pretty tough.
      Half of those aren't even asspulls.

      1. Josuke's power doesn't fix things, it restores them to a state that Josuke chooses, and they don't even have to be reconstructed properly if he so desires. None of the instances where he uses it break those rules. Thus, not an asspull.

      2. Not fixing Kira's coat button isn't an asspull, either, that's a plothole.

      3. Jotaro wasn't dead. Not an asspull.

      4. Josuke was always shown to be able to restore blood, what the fuck are you on about? Not an asspull.

      5. Bites the Dust requires a Standless target who knows Kira's name to come in contact with him before it can even be activated. Hayato ran off and no one was nearby, so he couldn't have done that. Again, NOT AN ASSPULL.

      Some of these are valid criticisms, but learn the definition of an asspull before blindly throwing the word around.

      While I agree with the first three, Josuke actually smeared blood on the heart-shaped glass and threw it so that it would return to some more of his blood on Kira’s coat. He’d bled all over the street they were fighting in a while back. Why did it specifically return to the blood on Kira’s coat?

      And what about the panty guy Kira killed? Couldn’t he have used bites the dust on him?

      I'm pretty sure we already clarified that Josuke can choose which part of an object he's restoring returns to which other part. He can probably omit restoring certain aspects of it if he wants.

        Loading editor
    • Also, The World isn't a byproduct of the Joestar bloodline. It's the reverse. If anything, Star Platinum is probably a byproduct of The World and Jonathan combined. That would honestly make more sense to me, considering Star Platinum looks more like Jonathan than The World does.
      

      [Edit: sorry about the scrolling quote. I'm new to this editor & not quite sure what I screwed up] Except that when Star Platinum first shows up in the manga, it looks like Jotaro in cosplay armor & longer hair. The facial expressions even mirror Jotaro's exactly at first. Then they become the emotions that Jotaro isn't showing on his own face (at one point Star Platinum destroys something with a broad grin on it's face while Jotaro keeps his usual ironic expression). It's only quite a bit later that Star Platinum starts looking like an android because Araki decided all the Stands should have a mecha look. Then its face diverges from its Jojo.

        Loading editor
    • MSEAdvanced wrote: The entirety of part 2, in fact Joseph had so many ass pulls he managed to transfer them to Jotaro to beat DIO

      I put forth the idea that the tommy gun & grenades & various other items that would be hard to hide by sleight of hand actually were residing in "Hammer Space." That's the pocket dimension usually located somewhere behind a character's back where they pull out giant hentai hammers, swords, bombs, etc. Snrk. Just about where a stand first shows up, come to think of it. But that spot behind you that can hide huge objects of mayhem is a time-honored tradition going back to the old Looney Toons cartoons of the 1930s.

      So Joseph the Trickster can pull things out of empty space like Bugs Bunny. That first scene of Jotaro in jail, when he pulls the beer out of his pocket? I said, "Look, he inherited Joseph's ability to pull things out of nowhere! He must be a Joestar."

        Loading editor
    • Scotchfairy wrote:
      Also, The World isn't a byproduct of the Joestar bloodline. It's the reverse. If anything, Star Platinum is probably a byproduct of The World and Jonathan combined. That would honestly make more sense to me, considering Star Platinum looks more like Jonathan than The World does.
      

      [Edit: sorry about the scrolling quote. I'm new to this editor & not quite sure what I screwed up] Except that when Star Platinum first shows up in the manga, it looks like Jotaro in cosplay armor & longer hair. The facial expressions even mirror Jotaro's exactly at first. Then they become the emotions that Jotaro isn't showing on his own face (at one point Star Platinum destroys something with a broad grin on it's face while Jotaro keeps his usual ironic expression). It's only quite a bit later that Star Platinum starts looking like an android because Araki decided all the Stands should have a mecha look. Then its face diverges from its Jojo.

      And how does that relate to anything I said...?

        Loading editor
    • The fact that DIO subconsciously knew that someone was watching him in Stardust Crusaders after the Hermit Purple Picture was taken. If you were to say that it was because of Jonathan's Late Stand, then it shouldn't be possible due to DIO having started the Stands in the Joestar Bloodline. Also, one person can't have two stands (Just different forms or abilites like with Echoes and Killer Queen). 

        Loading editor
    • Compared to other ones in this, both of those are weak. That's not even the worst for Dio.

        Loading editor
    • Sticky Fingers Ari wrote:
      The fact that DIO subconsciously knew that someone was watching him in Stardust Crusaders after the Hermit Purple Picture was taken. If you were to say that it was because of Jonathan's Late Stand, then it shouldn't be possible due to DIO having started the Stands in the Joestar Bloodline. Also, one person can't have two stands (Just different forms or abilites like with Echoes and Killer Queen). 

      Yeah, DIO started the Stands in the Joestar bloodline...

      After being stabbed with a Stand Arrow. While he had Jonathan's torso, arms and lower body. Thus awakening Jonathan's Stand. It's not that complicated.

      Also no, it's been shown that a Stand user can use the Stands of deceased individuals as long as they possess their bodies. Diavolo was still able to use Epitaph ALONGSIDE King Crimson, even after Doppio was forced out of his body and then promptly killed. It stands to reason that the same should apply to DIO and Jonathan.

        Loading editor
    • Pretty much the entire JOJO series is a never ending stream of ass pull. A lot of you seem to take issue with petty stuff while ignoring the actual important stuff. I've read all parts years ago so I don't fully remember everything but I'll mention what I can recall.

      Let's start with part 4, Jotaro's time-stop being shorter in duration because if I recall correctly "he haden't used it since his fight with Dio and he was basically rusty". This sounds like total bullshit. First off, Araki stated that stand users will be drawn to eachother (almost as if its destiny) and often times that turns into them fighting. Jotaro killed Dio who had tons of underlings who devoted their lives to him and some who were still alive. You mean to tell me that we wouldn't expect Jotaro to have to fight any of them again or new enemys duing the time between part 3-4 and that he would't use his greatest ability again during those fights? Even if it was just to practice? This sounds totally unrealistic to the point that is bullshit and Araki couldn't think of a better way to write the story with Jotaro have the time stop.

      Kira. There were so many times where Kira evaded being killed and it was extremely unrealistic most of the time.



      Part 5. Most of the fights were ass pull. Lets start with Fugo's fight with Illusio. Giorno infected him with PH which is supposed to kill organism within 30 seconds but yet both of them manged to survive for what clearly seems to be longer than 30 seconds. I get that he wouldn't want to kill Girono off like that but if you re-read it there is a considerable amount of dialouge and action between the time when griono first gets infected and when he heals himself. The virus only infects his hand and doesn't spread like it logically should.

      Mista getting shot in the head by Prosciutto. Now I know sex pistos stopped the bullets from fully penetrating but they still punctured his head and caused a lot of blood loss. Mista was ingured long enough to likely die from all the blood loss. Yet he magically survives.

      Mista surviving all the damage (gun shots, blood loss) from the fight with Ghiaccio is another ass pull,even though I like mista he should not have survived that.

      Risoto vs Doppio. This is probably the biggest ass-pull in part 5 for me. During their fight, risoto forces Doppio to rip open his throat, he cuts his face in multiple places and ways and causes him to logically lose a lot of blood. After their fight he eats a frog to restore all the blood loss? This this such ridiclous ass pull. First off frogs have different blood cells from humans so their blood wouldn't help us, secondly a single frog doesn't have anywhere near enough blood to replinish the blood of someone who just pulled scissors out of thier throat and endured the damage Doppio did. Thirdly, even the the frog did have enough blood to replnish him, what about the open wounds Risoto caused? Diavolo doesn't have a healing ablility, how did he heal his riped open throat or other wounds? Just more bullshit from Araki.

      Part 6. This is probably the most dissipointing part to me due to all the ass pull. Jotaro not using his time stop against Pucci to stop him from taking his stand was bullshit.

      Pucci's first fight with Weather when he evades all of his attacts was unrealistic ass pull and so was his last fight. Weather should have killed him on both ocassions but Araki choose to pull bad writing out of his ass as usual.

      There's a lot more but I'll end it here. I'm still a fan of JOJO but Araki isn't consistant and just does what he wants whenever he wants without any real logcical consistancy. And this often weakens the story and characters  and leads to dissipointing fights.

        Loading editor
    • You are forgetting the fact that these are for asspulls that actually are bad and were done just because Araki was backed into a corner and needed to have an explanation for someone to last longer or to keep the story going.

      - Jotaro not being able to stop time for as much as he could in Part 3 is not hindering the plot or Jotaro at all.

      - Give at least one example of how Kira did an asspull when you are going to say he did a bunch of asspulls

      - Illuso's example was true, but it doesn't have any plot importance anyway. He was going to die, so why not let him last a little longer? He still died, but got to show off some more. Beyond the fact that this is a really minor nitpick

      - Mista was already shown to be a lucky person. That was his thing; he believed in bad luck, and experienced the most luck. Look at Rolling Stone for example. This can easily be interpreted at Araki wanting to prove this even more. If not, then yeah it's pretty unrealistic.

      - Doppio didn't eat the frog to replenish his blood. He did so he could replenish his iron supply, which Metallica reduced with all the things that cut him up.

      - Jotaro didn't stop time before Whitesnake could steal his discs because he had JUST used it to push Jolyne out of the way from Johngalli A's bullets.

      - I do not remember Weather Report having two fights after losing his memory, but it doesn't even matter because you don't describe them. Even so, I would hope they aren't just minor nitpicks.

        Loading editor
    • Locopopo wrote:

      Mista getting shot in the head by Prosciutto. Now I know sex pistos stopped the bullets from fully penetrating but they still punctured his head and caused a lot of blood loss. Mista was ingured long enough to likely die from all the blood loss. Yet he magically survives.

      Mista's injuries were nowhere near fatal. Sex Pistols are shown to be capable of kicking bullets with enough force to redirect them whilst maintaining their full momentum. If the bullets went any deeper than his skull, he'd likely suffer from long-term effects, but he doesn't, so it's implied they were skin-deep or at least barely made it past his skull. That's nowhere near fatal considering how little blood there is between the skull and the scalp.

        Loading editor
    • Infant's Isopod wrote:
      Sticky Fingers Ari wrote:
      The fact that DIO subconsciously knew that someone was watching him in Stardust Crusaders after the Hermit Purple Picture was taken. If you were to say that it was because of Jonathan's Late Stand, then it shouldn't be possible due to DIO having started the Stands in the Joestar Bloodline. Also, one person can't have two stands (Just different forms or abilites like with Echoes and Killer Queen). 
      Yeah, DIO started the Stands in the Joestar bloodline...

      After being stabbed with a Stand Arrow. While he had Jonathan's torso, arms and lower body. Thus awakening Jonathan's Stand. It's not that complicated.

      Also no, it's been shown that a Stand user can use the Stands of deceased individuals as long as they possess their bodies. Diavolo was still able to use Epitaph ALONGSIDE King Crimson, even after Doppio was forced out of his body and then promptly killed. It stands to reason that the same should apply to DIO and Jonathan.

      I had forgotten about that,"As long as they have the body" thing.

      Thank You!

        Loading editor
    • All of part 6, really. As stated above, Araki came up with numerous very important plot points that, if existing in th Jojo world, should have been brought up earlier, yet they’ve had no foreshadowing whatsoever. Like, at all. It was also never explained how DIO knew how to achieve heaven. Just outta nowhere. He knows how to upgrade his stand to the most powerful thing of all time, somehow. He’d only known about stands for 2 years, for crying out loud!

      Also Stroheim dying in the Battle of Stalingrad. When I read that, I was like ‘Yeah, no he fucking didn’t. Don’t lie, Araki.’

        Loading editor
    • Seventy96 wrote:
      In my opinion is Joseph win against ultimate Kars.
      the time when jorato beat the shit out of kira even when he was severly hurt and had blood everywhere on his body.
        Loading editor
    • Engardian wrote:
      All of part 6, really. As stated above, Araki came up with numerous very important plot points that, if existing in th Jojo world, should have been brought up earlier, yet they’ve had no foreshadowing whatsoever. Like, at all. It was also never explained how DIO knew how to achieve heaven. Just outta nowhere. He knows how to upgrade his stand to the most powerful thing of all time, somehow. He’d only known about stands for 2 years, for crying out loud!

      Also Stroheim dying in the Battle of Stalingrad. When I read that, I was like ‘Yeah, no he fucking didn’t. Don’t lie, Araki.’

      Stroheim's attacks were mainly for killing vampires so in reality it shouldn't be useful against other humans (although they also said it gave him the power of a pillar man). He could've been sniped or blown up! Either way he took the last train home...

        Loading editor
    • Kazanshin wrote:

      Kakorat wrote:
      Probably the Requiem ability.

      I second this.

      I third this.

        Loading editor
    • It’s definitely requiem. Imagine being the boss of a successful mafia while also being hidden only for some random kid with donuts in his hair to force you out of your hiding spot and steal your arrow when your victory would have been imminent

        Loading editor
    • Requiem isn't an asspull. It had been established before Chariot Requiem or GER, as well as the final battle. It was no surprise that the winner of the fight was going to be the one to obtain a requiem ability, and Giorno was that person.

        Loading editor
    • Zodazzle wrote:
      Requiem isn't an asspull. It had been established before Chariot Requiem or GER, as well as the final battle. It was no surprise that the winner of the fight was going to be the one to obtain a requiem ability, and Giorno was that person.

      Requiem came a out of nowhere to justify how to beat an otherwise invincible Time Ability

        Loading editor
    • You realize that an asspull is when an author pulls something out of nowhere when they are literally backed into a corner. The gang could of taken out Diavolo through normal means, as he can only really fight battles one on one. There was no contradiction to the requiem arrow, it had been brought up well before the final battle, and is simply just a plot element to continue the story along. A real asspull would be something that contradicts past facts such as DIO being so heavenly in Stone Ocean, or being overly sudden like Jotaro suddenly being able to stop time. And even if you think that it's an asspull, is it seriously the biggest out of everything the series offers?

        Loading editor
    • Guys, you know you all can argue that almost all villain defeats are asspulls. This is Jojo's BIZARRE Adventure. Things we refer to as 'asspulls' happen on a whim nearly every episode.

        Loading editor
    • Antydeth wrote:
      Guys, you know you all can argue that almost all villain defeats are asspulls. This is Jojo's BIZARRE Adventure. Things we refer to as 'asspulls' happen on a whim nearly every episode.

      We're here to argue about which asspulls is the biggest, don't try to appear smart.

        Loading editor
    • Requiem is still an asspull. Literally none of their stand abilities could defeat King Crimson’s time erasure so this requiem ability was thrown in. I wouldn’t have minded a requiem ability that wasn’t as broken as GER and watch it beat Diavolo but GER was just too OP and aggravating.

        Loading editor
    • How about PUCCI ABLE TO TAKE OTHER PEOPLES STANDS.

        Loading editor
    • Joseph.0.Joestar wrote: How about PUCCI ABLE TO TAKE OTHER PEOPLES STANDS.

      Yeah, that kind contradicts the ‘one stand per person’ thing(which was never followed very strictly anyway). I don’t know if I’d call that an ass-pull, as it is a problem, not a solution; definitely against earlier rule though.

        Loading editor
    • Nabukun wrote:
      Antydeth wrote:
      Guys, you know you all can argue that almost all villain defeats are asspulls. This is Jojo's BIZARRE Adventure. Things we refer to as 'asspulls' happen on a whim nearly every episode.
      We're here to argue about which asspulls is the biggest, don't try to appear smart.

      Okay captain Salt, don't need to hit me with that minecraft toxicness.

        Loading editor
    • Anty did have a point with the asspulls, though.

        Loading editor
    • Captain Salt XD

        Loading editor
    • If you want to argue that the requiem arrow is an asspull, you might as well say most methods of progressing a story are. The gang could of beaten Diavolo, as he says himself that his main weakness is when his opponents are together. This is mainly because his one element of surprise puts him right up front with his enemy. Gold Experience is also shown to be very powerful on it's own, and Giorno could totally use it in a creative way to beat Diavolo. But most likely to create a more monumental ending (and maybe even to get a new strongest stand), we end up getting the requiem arrow.

        Loading editor
    • I guess. I’m just kind of annoyed that such an awesome ability like King Crimson was defeated by such a broken ability. I would have liked to see him battling against the entire team and go down with a fight or something like you said. But meh.

        Loading editor
    • CrimsonDiavolo wrote:
      I guess. I’m just kind of annoyed that such an awesome ability like King Crimson was defeated by such a broken ability. I would have liked to see him battling against the entire team and go down with a fight or something like you said. But meh.

      Agree

        Loading editor
    • Antydeth wrote:
      Nabukun wrote:
      Antydeth wrote:
      Guys, you know you all can argue that almost all villain defeats are asspulls. This is Jojo's BIZARRE Adventure. Things we refer to as 'asspulls' happen on a whim nearly every episode.
      We're here to argue about which asspulls is the biggest, don't try to appear smart.
      Okay captain Salt, don't need to hit me with that minecraft toxicness.

      What you think as me being toxic, is me being frank. I will tolerate jabs at me, but not people like you criticizing the series on false grounds. Most fight ends are unexpected, but most of them make sense too. 

      @CrimsonDiavolo

      That's what great and one problem with Araki's writing. He does the unexpected and he will go sometimes so far in his ideas that the readers won't necessarily follow. GER makes sense thematically both as a foil to KC and as a punishment for Diavolo. My guess is that Araki considered the thing with Chariot Requiem to be the fight itself, but I can see why someone won't stand for an indirect battle of wits as a final fight.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, that makes sense I guess. I guess the asspulls are sort of unexpected too and make it interesting

        Loading editor
    • CrimsonDiavolo wrote:
      Yeah, that makes sense I guess. I guess the asspulls are sort of unexpected too and make it interesting

      Bruh, why you always so right.

        Loading editor
    • s w e a t s

        Loading editor
    • okay Kakyoin.

      Kakyoin: You gonna eat that

      Jotaro: Nah

      Kakyoin: *takes cherry*

      Kakyoin: SLURP SLURP SLURP, LICK LICK, SLURP!

        Loading editor
    • In my opinion, it's the fact that, as of the end of Part 3, it's shown:

      -In WW2 they were able to bring a man who had been blown to literal pieces back to life in a better condition than ever

      -The Speedwagon foundation is fully capable of creating completely functional artificial limbs with little to no differences

      -The Speedwagon foundation has 24/7 employees that work around the clock, especially whenever it comes to a man like Joseph.

      -Jotaro is, with the power of Star Platinum, able to bring someone back from the dead, soul and all, by giving them their blood and starting their heart back up, ignoring all of the intricate processes that you'd have to go through to get the rest of the organs out of total failure.

      And yet, they aren't able to bring back a Lime-flavored Donut or a Dog. I can understand Avdol, seeing as his body was literally erased from existance, I can understand even not bringing Iggy back, as he is a dog, and clearly efforts wouldn't focus on him. But Kakyoin, literally the one who saved Jotaro and Joseph's lives by telling them how The World worked, could not be revived? There should have been no situation where that wouldn't work, seeing as Star Platinum has the ability to even rip souls back into bodies, seeing as Joseph was dead, and dead for a while at that, and his soul came running back. This also extends to Part 4, with Jotaro telling Josuke that Stands can't bring back Souls despite the fact that he has literally done it before. It's just ridiculous, and the rules for how stands interact with life seems to change every single part that you could make a Bingo board out of it.

        Loading editor
    • Remind me how Bruno was still able to move despite not having a soul?...

        Loading editor
    • What are you talking about? He still has a soul, but it's inhabiting a dead body.

        Loading editor
    • The entire part 6

        Loading editor
    • Sticky Fingers Ari wrote:
      Remind me how Bruno was still able to move despite not having a soul?...

      It's the other way around, actually. Bruno still had a soul, but his entire body had essentially lost all function. He was functionally a dead man walking.

      But yeah, it's still stupid, seeing as it's bringing someone's soul back to their body. 

        Loading editor
    • Mista being alive

        Loading editor
    • Fredbear and freinds wrote:
      In my opinion, it's the fact that, as of the end of Part 3, it's shown:

      -In WW2 they were able to bring a man who had been blown to literal pieces back to life in a better condition than ever

      -The Speedwagon foundation is fully capable of creating completely functional artificial limbs with little to no differences

      -The Speedwagon foundation has 24/7 employees that work around the clock, especially whenever it comes to a man like Joseph.

      -Jotaro is, with the power of Star Platinum, able to bring someone back from the dead, soul and all, by giving them their blood and starting their heart back up, ignoring all of the intricate processes that you'd have to go through to get the rest of the organs out of total failure.

      And yet, they aren't able to bring back a Lime-flavored Donut or a Dog. I can understand Avdol, seeing as his body was literally erased from existance, I can understand even not bringing Iggy back, as he is a dog, and clearly efforts wouldn't focus on him. But Kakyoin, literally the one who saved Jotaro and Joseph's lives by telling them how The World worked, could not be revived? There should have been no situation where that wouldn't work, seeing as Star Platinum has the ability to even rip souls back into bodies, seeing as Joseph was dead, and dead for a while at that, and his soul came running back. This also extends to Part 4, with Jotaro telling Josuke that Stands can't bring back Souls despite the fact that he has literally done it before. It's just ridiculous, and the rules for how stands interact with life seems to change every single part that you could make a Bingo board out of it.

      Kakyoin had his spine obliterated and none of the Crusaders had healing abilities capable of restoring wounds that severe. Bruno's gang and the Duwang gang did, but not the Crusaders.

      Edit: In hindsight, you have a point. Stroheim lost more than a spine and he was still okay.

        Loading editor
    • To me, Avdol surviving getting shot was an asspull. Like, they explained he survived because "the bullet only scraped his forehead" but his soul left his body (To be fair, I only saw the scene from the Anime so idk if Avdol's soul left his body in the manga).

        Loading editor
    • i really dont get why people say the heaven plan/ part 6s ending are asspulls. sure lots of people dont like it, but bad =/= asspull... like theres nothing wrong with just saying you hate part 6 and leaving it at that, overal id actually say its main plot has a relatively low amount of asspulls since the heaven plan is established and developed right from the very begginning unlike stuff like star platinum and GER and bites the dust which arent introduced until right up at the end

        Loading editor
    • Thotdio wrote:
      i really dont get why people say the heaven plan/ part 6s ending are asspulls. sure lots of people dont like it, but bad =/= asspull... like theres nothing wrong with just saying you hate part 6 and leaving it at that, overal id actually say its main plot has a relatively low amount of asspulls since the heaven plan is established and developed right from the very begginning unlike stuff like star platinum and GER and bites the dust which arent introduced until right up at the end

      Because the plan relies of violating pre-established rules of the universe. For example, given the way Limp Bizkit works, it shouldn't have created the Green Baby. In addition, many parts of it go unexplained. Why does Gucci being in this one place at this one time give him the power to destroy the universe? Never explained.

        Loading editor
    • Marveljew wrote:
      Thotdio wrote:
      i really dont get why people say the heaven plan/ part 6s ending are asspulls. sure lots of people dont like it, but bad =/= asspull... like theres nothing wrong with just saying you hate part 6 and leaving it at that, overal id actually say its main plot has a relatively low amount of asspulls since the heaven plan is established and developed right from the very begginning unlike stuff like star platinum and GER and bites the dust which arent introduced until right up at the end
      Because the plan relies of violating pre-established rules of the universe. For example, given the way Limp Bizkit works, it shouldn't have created the Green Baby. In addition, many parts of it go unexplained. Why does Gucci being in this one place at this one time give him the power to destroy the universe? Never explained.

      every part has at least 1 stand that violates pre- established rules/ powerups. if thats something that ruins someones enjoyement of jojo then idk why they would even be a fan, stuff being unexplainable isnt the same as an asspull, thats more of a plothole, the asspull is the solution to the problem not the problem itself, and compared to the other parts the wacky solutions to problems in part 6 are less crazy then most of the other parts

        Loading editor
    • ZAACHARI wrote:
      To me, Avdol surviving getting shot was an asspull. Like, they explained he survived because "the bullet only scraped his forehead" but his soul left his body (To be fair, I only saw the scene from the Anime so idk if Avdol's soul left his body in the manga).

      Avdol's soul never left his body. What are you talking about?

        Loading editor
    • multiple D4C attacking diego?

        Loading editor
    • Honestly I think one of the most annoying asspulls to me is Jotaro randomly having books and magazines on his body because "lol i obviously expected those knives"

      Jotaro's whole magnet trick too wasn't good either

        Loading editor
    • Infant's Isopod wrote:

      Avdol's soul never left his body. What are you talking about?

      In the anime, after Avdol was stabbed by Hanged Man and shot by Hol Horse, something resembling smoke left his body. As I said in my previous post, I don't have access to the manga so idk if the manga has a different portrayal of the same scene

        Loading editor
    • ZAACHARI wrote:
      Infant's Isopod wrote:

      Avdol's soul never left his body. What are you talking about?

      In the anime, after Avdol was stabbed by Hanged Man and shot by Hol Horse, his soul left his body. As I said in my previous post, I don't have access to the manga so idk if the manga has a different portrayal of the same scene

      It never did.

        Loading editor
    • Does Tusk Act 4 count?

        Loading editor
    • I mean Avadol rocking Joseph from behind was technically an ass-pull. 

        Loading editor
    • Nabukun wrote:
      Well all of these are dead wrong. Harmless twists at worst.

      The worst asspull ever in Jojo is having Dio, who up to part 3 was just the ambitious asshole, all of a sudden, have a convoluted and nonsensical plan to "reach Heaven" he wrote down on a diary we never heard of, requiring precise coordinates and gravitational conditions, a friend that we've never heard of and which is badly out of character considering how much Dio sees himself above others, and that Jotaro all of a sudden read but never talked about, just so Pucci can steal his memory because he somehow just knew Jotaro knew about the plan.

      Jotaro having timestop, Joseph and the Aja Stone, Requiem, these are end-part stuff. At worst, it lessens the impact of the final fight of a given part.

      The diary is the prompt of an entire part. Part 6 is built on an asspull. This fucking diary ruined an entire part. It also retroactively kinda ruins Part 3 since Dio already completed the plan and just had to fly to Cape Canaveral instead of waiting 50 days for Jotaro. Nothing could have prevented him from doing this. It contradicts the whole idea of DIO needing Joestar blood in Part 3.

      On don't give me that "but Dio talked about peace of mind" crap. When he took Joseph's blood, he was full-on "bow before me, humans!" mode. That peace of mind crap was a way to psyche Polnareff.

      I would argue that the 'reach heaven' thing was just a way to psyche Pucci, and that Dio enlisted Pucci to help him really conquer the world(by doing what he called 'achieving heaven').

      Aside from that, Dio probably found the way Pucci sucked up to him to be entertaining, sort of like how he said 'I'm glad. . ." when Vanilla Ice slashed his own head off for Dio.

      Dio's personality is still that crazy, flamboyant power-fantasy guy we see in Part 3, but he's also still the very smart guy we saw in Part 1, so he used whatever insight he got from his oceanic contemplation and somehow figured out the nature of the universe or something. Anyway, what I'm saying is, the 'reaching heaven' stuff isn't that inconsistent with his personality since it's really just another degree of 'take over the world!'

      Probably Dio waited for Jotaro so that he could fight Jotaro. If Dio killed Jotaro and co., he'd know they were gone. If Dio ran off to achieve heaven and Jotaro caught up, it'd be a surprise + Jotaro would be vengeful and therefore more dangerous due to Holly being dead.

      This is my best explanation.

        Loading editor
    • IndigoWizard wrote:
      Nabukun wrote:
      Well all of these are dead wrong. Harmless twists at worst.

      The worst asspull ever in Jojo is having Dio, who up to part 3 was just the ambitious asshole, all of a sudden, have a convoluted and nonsensical plan to "reach Heaven" he wrote down on a diary we never heard of, requiring precise coordinates and gravitational conditions, a friend that we've never heard of and which is badly out of character considering how much Dio sees himself above others, and that Jotaro all of a sudden read but never talked about, just so Pucci can steal his memory because he somehow just knew Jotaro knew about the plan.

      Jotaro having timestop, Joseph and the Aja Stone, Requiem, these are end-part stuff. At worst, it lessens the impact of the final fight of a given part.

      The diary is the prompt of an entire part. Part 6 is built on an asspull. This fucking diary ruined an entire part. It also retroactively kinda ruins Part 3 since Dio already completed the plan and just had to fly to Cape Canaveral instead of waiting 50 days for Jotaro. Nothing could have prevented him from doing this. It contradicts the whole idea of DIO needing Joestar blood in Part 3.

      On don't give me that "but Dio talked about peace of mind" crap. When he took Joseph's blood, he was full-on "bow before me, humans!" mode. That peace of mind crap was a way to psyche Polnareff.

      I would argue that the 'reach heaven' thing was just a way to psyche Pucci, and that Dio enlisted Pucci to help him really conquer the world(by doing what he called 'achieving heaven').

      Aside from that, Dio probably found the way Pucci sucked up to him to be entertaining, sort of like how he said 'I'm glad. . ." when Vanilla Ice slashed his own head off for Dio.

      Dio's personality is still that crazy, flamboyant power-fantasy guy we see in Part 3, but he's also still the very smart guy we saw in Part 1, so he used whatever insight he got from his oceanic contemplation and somehow figured out the nature of the universe or something. Anyway, what I'm saying is, the 'reaching heaven' stuff isn't that inconsistent with his personality since it's really just another degree of 'take over the world!'

      Probably Dio waited for Jotaro so that he could fight Jotaro. If Dio killed Jotaro and co., he'd know they were gone. If Dio ran off to achieve heaven and Jotaro caught up, it'd be a surprise + Jotaro would be vengeful and therefore more dangerous due to Holly being dead.

      This is my best explanation.

      tbh i feel like the way dio was portrayed in part 6 is way more similar to how he was in part 1, if anything part 3 oversimplified him and made him kinda ooc, and part 6 pulled him back more to what i think would be a logical progression of post- coffin time dio. ass pull or not i feel like part 6 kinda made dio as a character more believable, and not just a stereotypical "crazy falmboyant bad guy who yells a lot"

        Loading editor
    • part 3 DIO is my fav

      he gave us a lot of memes

      aand the timestop tricks and the stand was stronK and simple

      and it was without plotholes kind of(if we ignore his Ted talk while the time is stopped)

      unlike the other villian's stands (especially the mcdonalds one )

        Loading editor
    • Xdhoomy12x wrote:
      part 3 DIO is my fav

      he gave us a lot of memes

      aand the timestop tricks and the stand was stronK and simple

      and it was without plotholes kind of(if we ignore his Ted talk while the time is stopped)

      unlike the other villian's stands (especially the mcdonalds one )

      Cool, but how is that an ass-pull?

        Loading editor
    • Sticky Fingers Ari wrote:
      Zodazzle wrote:
      Requiem isn't an asspull. It had been established before Chariot Requiem or GER, as well as the final battle. It was no surprise that the winner of the fight was going to be the one to obtain a requiem ability, and Giorno was that person.
      Requiem came a out of nowhere to justify how to beat an otherwise invincible Time Ability

      Requiem Stands are created for the person with the strongest desire to do something,being chosen by the Arrow(Defeat Diavolo,in Giorno's case) and given powers to help them in a bizzare way,in the condition they're in(Diavolo had King Crimson,GER was a response/When Chariot Requiem appeared,Polnareff wanted to make sure the Arrow was safe ,and to survive.So Chariot Requiem gained the ability to swap souls(Saving Polnareff)and protecting the Arrow(It could use other people stands and was near impossible to get the Arrow.))

        Loading editor
    • Joseph beating Kars has to be somewhere up there. Like, why do so few people mention it. 

        Loading editor
    • Antydeth wrote:
      Joseph beating Kars has to be somewhere up there. Like, why do so few people mention it. 

      the whole kars fight is an asspull. where did kars get the mask? when did joseph grab the red stone of aja? and how the fuck did joseph survive? also why is kars frozen couldn't he just create a way to survive freezing like making fur on his body or something?

        Loading editor
    • Sticky Fingers Ari wrote:
      Zodazzle wrote:
      Requiem isn't an asspull. It had been established before Chariot Requiem or GER, as well as the final battle. It was no surprise that the winner of the fight was going to be the one to obtain a requiem ability, and Giorno was that person.
      Requiem came a out of nowhere to justify how to beat an otherwise invincible Time Ability

      Somebody never read part 4 its called BITES ZA DUSTO and its a requiem so it was well established. Also part 5 has been building up the arrow being important to the final fight when polnareff told the cast about how the stand arrow has a secret power within and they even made a backstory for why polnareff knew about the stand arrow did you pay attention to part 4 and 5 at all?

        Loading editor
    • Joro's bizzare summer wrote:

      Sticky Fingers Ari wrote:
      Zodazzle wrote:
      Requiem isn't an asspull. It had been established before Chariot Requiem or GER, as well as the final battle. It was no surprise that the winner of the fight was going to be the one to obtain a requiem ability, and Giorno was that person.
      Requiem came a out of nowhere to justify how to beat an otherwise invincible Time Ability

      Somebody never read part 4 its called BITES ZA DUSTO and its a requiem so it was well established. Also part 5 has been building up the arrow being important to the final fight when polnareff told the cast about how the stand arrow has a secret power within and they even made a backstory for why polnareff knew about the stand arrow did you pay attention to part 4 and 5 at all?

      True, BITES ZA DUSTO is by now confirmed a Requiem stand.

        Loading editor
    • Thearkhamknight45 wrote:

      Joro's bizzare summer wrote:

      Sticky Fingers Ari wrote:
      Zodazzle wrote:
      Requiem isn't an asspull. It had been established before Chariot Requiem or GER, as well as the final battle. It was no surprise that the winner of the fight was going to be the one to obtain a requiem ability, and Giorno was that person.
      Requiem came a out of nowhere to justify how to beat an otherwise invincible Time Ability

      Somebody never read part 4 its called BITES ZA DUSTO and its a requiem so it was well established. Also part 5 has been building up the arrow being important to the final fight when polnareff told the cast about how the stand arrow has a secret power within and they even made a backstory for why polnareff knew about the stand arrow did you pay attention to part 4 and 5 at all?

      True, BITES ZA DUSTO is by now confirmed a Requiem stand.

      "By now" lel it was confirmed in the manga.

        Loading editor
    • Bites the Dust isn't a requiem. I don't understand why I have to explain this so many times. Kira gained BTD when he was stabbed by a regular arrow. Both Chariot Requiem and Gold Experience Requiem were created when the stand itself was stabbed by the requiem arrow. "Confirmed in the manga" my ass. Can't tell if you are joking.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I’d say that in the JJBA universe, Bites Za Dusto clearly isn’t a requiem stand, because it stabbed Kira and not Killer Queen(I’ve noticed that I don’t think the series ever mentions a difference between regular arrow and requiem arrow though?). But it serves the same purpose as one, so for all intents and purposes, I think it’s fine to call it a requiem stand. Or we could give it the Pluto treatment, and call it a ‘Dwarf Requiem’ :P

        Loading editor
    • No, it just isn't a requiem. It shouldn't be considered as one, and it's incorrect to call it that.

        Loading editor
    • ...Proto-Requiem?

        Loading editor
    • It is an evolved stand at best. What is so difficult to understand about this? It just isn't any form of requiem. 

        Loading editor
    • Zodazzle wrote:
      It is an evolved stand at best. What is so difficult to understand about this? It just isn't any form of requiem. 

      It's not even an evolution, given that it doesn't alter Killer Queen or its existing abilities whatsoever. It's a new power entirely.

        Loading editor
    • Requiem, 'Matured Stands' and Heaven Stands are interesting crazy concepts that Araki dropped after each of their respective parts. Their purpose is basically the same. Make the villain/hero a bigger threat.  Which makes me wonder what would happen if someone got stabbed twice by the same arrow, was chosen by the Requiem arrow and did the Heaven ritual succesfully. 

        Loading editor
    • My bad for calling bites the dust a "requiem" stand but as most people say the requiem stand choses stand users and gives them the ability or thing they desire correct? (like when polnareff desired for the arrow to be safe and for him to switch body's with another person.) yoshikage kira wished he could turn back time so hyato wouldn't be dead. because that would have gotten the duwang gang on him but then the arrow just went inside of him giving him bites the dust honestly its pretty simular situations... BUT the main idea im conveying is that its established that the arrows can upgrade a stand and the requiem stuff didn't come out of nowhere.

        Loading editor
    • Antydeth wrote:
      Requiem, 'Matured Stands' and Heaven Stands are interesting crazy concepts that Araki dropped after each of their respective parts. Their purpose is basically the same. Make the villain/hero a bigger threat. 

      Which makes me wonder what would happen if someone got stabbed twice by the same arrow, was chosen by the Requiem arrow and did the Heaven ritual succesfully. 

      I hope part 9 reintroduces these special kind of stands it seems odd to throw away such a interesting and already established concept that many people would love to see expanded on.

        Loading editor
    • ok hear me out:

      ...we can classify Bites Za Dusto as an ‘Uragirimono no Requiem’ stand.

        Loading editor
    • Zodazzle wrote: Bites the Dust isn't a requiem. I don't understand why I have to explain this so many times. Kira gained BTD when he was stabbed by a regular arrow. Both Chariot Requiem and Gold Experience Requiem were created when the stand itself was stabbed by the requiem arrow. "Confirmed in the manga" my ass. Can't tell if you are joking.

      The confirmed isn't exactly true, correct. But "evolved" stands and Requiem Stands are basically the same thing. Also, who says that stabbing the person and stabbing the stand doesn't cause the same effect?

        Loading editor
    • It's not just whether the stand or the user gets stabbed. There's a difference between whether it was a requiem arrow or not.

        Loading editor
    • Reposting because apparently everyone's blind.

      "It's not even an evolution, given that it doesn't alter Killer Queen or its existing abilities whatsoever. It's a new power entirely."

      Bites The Dust, by definition, is not a Requiem. It's not an evolution, it's not even a power-up. It's Killer Queen's Third Bomb, and that's all it is.

        Loading editor
    • Infant's Isopod wrote:
      Reposting because apparently everyone's blind.

      "It's not even an evolution, given that it doesn't alter Killer Queen or its existing abilities whatsoever. It's a new power entirely."

      Bites The Dust, by definition, is not a Requiem. It's not an evolution, it's not even a power-up. It's Killer Queen's Third Bomb, and that's all it is.

      Most accurately put in Araki's words: Kira matured. It's the same as Star Platinum obtaining ZA WARUDOOO, except it wasn't such an asspull this time and the 'upgrade' actually made sense. 

      Thing is, I don't really think it's right to even try to connect the mass upgrades a Jojo/JoFoe gets in each of their respective Parts. By now we all know that Araki forgets what he has written and when he reads it, it's like he's reading someone else's work. 

        Loading editor
    • Honestly the only thing keeping this argument from ending is the vague differences between the types of stand arrows we have seen. The main problem being we haven't seen enough to know what the hell we are even argueing about. IF we can't consider bites the dust a requiem then we will just call it the same thing people call star platinum which is an evolved stand because its a new ability not a sub stand an ability. Lets get back on topic with the biggest ass-pulls in jojo theres no need to drag this on.

        Loading editor
    • Just to add another thing: Do the arrows even matter at this point? As far as I know, in the SBR universe, the arrows don't even exist. 

        Loading editor
    • Thotdio wrote:
      IndigoWizard wrote:
      Nabukun wrote:
      Well all of these are dead wrong. Harmless twists at worst.

      The worst asspull ever in Jojo is having Dio, who up to part 3 was just the ambitious asshole, all of a sudden, have a convoluted and nonsensical plan to "reach Heaven" he wrote down on a diary we never heard of, requiring precise coordinates and gravitational conditions, a friend that we've never heard of and which is badly out of character considering how much Dio sees himself above others, and that Jotaro all of a sudden read but never talked about, just so Pucci can steal his memory because he somehow just knew Jotaro knew about the plan.

      Jotaro having timestop, Joseph and the Aja Stone, Requiem, these are end-part stuff. At worst, it lessens the impact of the final fight of a given part.

      The diary is the prompt of an entire part. Part 6 is built on an asspull. This fucking diary ruined an entire part. It also retroactively kinda ruins Part 3 since Dio already completed the plan and just had to fly to Cape Canaveral instead of waiting 50 days for Jotaro. Nothing could have prevented him from doing this. It contradicts the whole idea of DIO needing Joestar blood in Part 3.

      On don't give me that "but Dio talked about peace of mind" crap. When he took Joseph's blood, he was full-on "bow before me, humans!" mode. That peace of mind crap was a way to psyche Polnareff.

      I would argue that the 'reach heaven' thing was just a way to psyche Pucci, and that Dio enlisted Pucci to help him really conquer the world(by doing what he called 'achieving heaven').

      Aside from that, Dio probably found the way Pucci sucked up to him to be entertaining, sort of like how he said 'I'm glad. . ." when Vanilla Ice slashed his own head off for Dio.

      Dio's personality is still that crazy, flamboyant power-fantasy guy we see in Part 3, but he's also still the very smart guy we saw in Part 1, so he used whatever insight he got from his oceanic contemplation and somehow figured out the nature of the universe or something. Anyway, what I'm saying is, the 'reaching heaven' stuff isn't that inconsistent with his personality since it's really just another degree of 'take over the world!'

      Probably Dio waited for Jotaro so that he could fight Jotaro. If Dio killed Jotaro and co., he'd know they were gone. If Dio ran off to achieve heaven and Jotaro caught up, it'd be a surprise + Jotaro would be vengeful and therefore more dangerous due to Holly being dead.

      This is my best explanation.

      tbh i feel like the way dio was portrayed in part 6 is way more similar to how he was in part 1, if anything part 3 oversimplified him and made him kinda ooc, and part 6 pulled him back more to what i think would be a logical progression of post- coffin time dio. ass pull or not i feel like part 6 kinda made dio as a character more believable, and not just a stereotypical "crazy falmboyant bad guy who yells a lot"

      How is that similar to his PB incarnation at all? In part 1 he was an overly ambitious asshole that only relied on people when he really needed it and still he treated them like slaves. If anything his Part 6 incarnation is extremely OoC in regard to both PB & SC

        Loading editor
    • Joseph... he's got a hell of a lot of durability for knowing about Dio, suriviving a couple of really dangerous situations, especially in plane crashes. He lives in a couple scenes to where he shouldn't... just.... him.

      Also for the fact that he was eyeing on his mom without getting reprimanded is no-go.


      (P.S. he managed to hide away Josuke at the time from Dio [the way Dio speaks made it clear that he didn't know about Josuke, of who was about 5, 6 or 7 at the time of Stardust Crusaders], that's an asspull.)

        Loading editor
    • GalaIzzy wrote:
      Joseph... he's got a hell of a lot of durability for knowing about Dio, suriviving a couple of really dangerous situations, especially in plane crashes. He lives in a couple scenes to where he shouldn't... just.... him.

      Also for the fact that he was eyeing on his mom without getting reprimanded is no-go.


      (P.S. he managed to hide away Josuke at the time from Dio [the way Dio speaks made it clear that he didn't know about Josuke, of who was about 5, 6 or 7 at the time of Stardust Crusaders], that's an asspull.)

      DIO not knowing about Josuke isn't an asspull my dude.

        Loading editor
    • Nah, I get it but I thought it was something to note.

      Regardless, Joseph is the asspull character, hands-down.

        Loading editor
    • GalaIzzy wrote:
      Nah, I get it but I thought it was something to note.

      Regardless, Joseph is the asspull character, hands-down.

      Well, kinda lost that art in Part 3 and in Part 4 he was way too old.

        Loading editor
    • The fact that Part 6 is complete bullshit if Jolyne doesn't run away from a fight like Joseph(twice), Jotaro(even though it was technically falling), Josuke(ON A MOTERCYCLE) and GER's stand: Giorno Giovana(He actually ran.)

        Loading editor
    • you didnt hate part 6

      you hated pucci

        Loading editor
    • ZAACHARI wrote:
      To me, Avdol surviving getting shot was an asspull. Like, they explained he survived because "the bullet only scraped his forehead" but his soul left his body (To be fair, I only saw the scene from the Anime so idk if Avdol's soul left his body in the manga).

      So apparently Mista's soul was coming out of his body too after he was shot by Prosciutto so I guess my original point is moot.

        Loading editor
    • Dio attatching his head to Jonathan's body.

        Loading editor
    • I think since Dio had 2 stands that Joseph inherited 1 while jotaro inherited the other one which is how he got timestop.

        Loading editor
    • Jonathan unlocking the ability to instantly decimate his enemies by getting fingered in the abdomen.

        Loading editor
    • BaronBlackFalcon wrote:
      Star Platinum and The World being the same type of Stands gets even more confusing since part 4 retconned The World to be a Stand awaken by the Arrow. Adding to the fact that there exists a theory that since DIO is Jonathan from the neck down, The World was probably product of the Joestar bloodline, which would explain why it's similar to Star Platinum......BUUUUUUT Araki confirmed that Hermit Purple 2 is Jonathan's Stand. So Araki kinda shot himself in the foot.

      Araki initially planned for The World to possess the powers of almost every Stand shown throughout SC.

        Loading editor
    • キットちゃん wrote: Jonathan unlocking the ability to instantly decimate his enemies by getting fingered in the abdomen.

      How is this an asspull? It’s called Hamon

        Loading editor
    • Thearkhamknight45 wrote:
      GalaIzzy wrote:
      Nah, I get it but I thought it was something to note.

      Regardless, Joseph is the asspull character, hands-down.

      Well, kinda lost that art in Part 3 and in Part 4 he was way too old.

      I love how you say he "lost" the ability but he: Survives a plane crash, Fights off Bastet and Empress (pretty sure that's the one that was one his arm), and is the only one to literally DIE and come back to life...

        Loading editor
    • Kars' defeat. Yes, it was foretold that the Stone of Aja would lead to the Pillar Men's defeat, but Kars losing was the textbook definition of a Deus ex Machina. The plot required him to lose, even though he could never possibly lose. Araki wrote himself into a corner by making Kars so powerful. Joseph never beat Kars, he even admitted it (if just to himself) and it was sheer dumb luck, nothing more.

      Not that this is the only asspull, but this one is the biggest of them all.

        Loading editor
    • The biggest asspull is Joseph coming back to life. I totally forgot about that one

        Loading editor
    • The biggest asspull is Joseph forgetting when to pull out of Tomoko's ass.

        Loading editor
    • Damn

        Loading editor
    • CrimsonDiavolo wrote:
      The biggest asspull is Joseph coming back to life. I totally forgot about that one

      Me too lol.

        Loading editor
    • Antydeth wrote:
      The biggest asspull is Joseph forgetting when to pull out of Tomoko's ass.

      U meant pussy.

        Loading editor
    • Joseph's stand, Hermit Purple, having the convenient ability to take convenient pictures of Dio, and then by pure coincidence take a picture with a fly in it that magically gives away Dio's location, narrowing it from The entire World (see what I did there?) to "This region of this small country." because Star Platinum has like Kryptonian-levels of vision.

        Loading editor
    • Joseph can take pictures of DIO in the shower without needing to hide a bathroom cam.

        Loading editor
    • Jotaro vs DIO

      the whole fight was ruined from the multiple asspulls

        Loading editor
    • This thread was a mistake. Seventy should be ashamed for making it. 

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.