FANDOM


  • This is so fucking bullshit!!! Dio should have stomped!

      Loading editor
    • I mean yeah that's one of my main problems with part 3 and why it's the bottom of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure for me and one of the reasons I dislike Jotaro Kujo.

        Loading editor
    • Star Platinum's true ability is to take Dio's ability anf say its his

        Loading editor
    • Enya said something like that to DIO: "To fully understand The World's power u need to believe in yourself and in your stands power"

      Jotaro did the same thing; Or u can just say Jotaro copied The World's ability to stop time...

        Loading editor
    • JohnCenaNation wrote:
      This is so fucking bullshit! Dio should have stomped!!!

      Stands can develop over time. Jotaro hadn't discovered SP's true ability until that fight. 

        Loading editor
    • well, DIO did take Jonathan's body in part 1, and The World could be half of Jonathan's stand. So that could mean Jotaro had inherited this attack and learned it during his fight with DIO.

        Loading editor
    • Why do you think he was able to move in the stopped time in the first place? He even said that if he had more time to pratice, he would be able to move for more seconds. This was hinting the fact that Jotaro's Star Platinum and The World are mirrowed Stands, and the battle with Dio was a way of him realising that.

        Loading editor
    • Sketchlooksatwiki wrote:
      well, DIO did take Jonathan's body in part 1, and The World could be half of Jonathan's stand. So that could mean Jotaro had inherited this attack and learned it during his fight with DIO.

      I'm not sure if the jonathan theory works as his soul is no longer present in the body. Only Dio's

        Loading editor
    • JokerJay779 wrote:
      I mean yeah that's one of my main problems with part 3 and why it's the bottom of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure for me and one of the reasons I dislike Jotaro Kujo.

      But Joseph beating all of the piller men by himself gets excused ? 

        Loading editor
    • Ah, Westerners and their "logic". Some cultural bagage is needed to get this so called asspull.

        Loading editor
    • Rainmain90 wrote:

      JokerJay779 wrote:
      I mean yeah that's one of my main problems with part 3 and why it's the bottom of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure for me and one of the reasons I dislike Jotaro Kujo.

      But Joseph beating all of the piller men by himself gets excused ? 

      I mean minus Ultimate Kars Joseph managed to beat each of them with strategy and Hamon. And Caesar helped a bit with Esidisi with finishing him off when he possessed Suzi Q as a brain.

        Loading editor
    • You can tell that araki was having hard time to write how Jotaro was going to defeat DIO. So he did an ass pull and tada! Jotaro now has the power to stop time because of concidence The World and Star Platinum are the same type of stand.

      jojo logic 101

        Loading editor
    • Can people stop getting pissed over a writing decision that was made over 20 years ago. Star Platinum was inherited from DIO, so it's ability can't be either?

        Loading editor
    • Let's face it though, it was very convenient that Jotaro could have time stop. I prefer to see that Araki at least made it that Jotaro merely had a fighting chance for most of the fight. It is only after DIO proves to be beyond power and mere cunning, that Jotaro is pushed into time stopping.

        Loading editor
    • SmolDonutboi
      SmolDonutboi removed this reply because:
      mistake
      23:15, October 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Nabukun wrote:
      Let's face it though, it was very convenient that Jotaro could have time stop. I prefer to see that Araki at least made it that Jotaro merely had a fighting chance for most of the fight. It is only after DIO proves to be beyond power and mere cunning, that Jotaro is pushed into time stopping.

      Yeah same.

        Loading editor
    • ELSEERRESIETE
      ELSEERRESIETE removed this reply because:
      Mistake
      06:10, November 11, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Jotaro simply learned to do it at that moment, makes meaning that he has not discovered all his abilities, since Star Platinum had just manifested days ago. I do not think Araki has planned for Jotaro to stop time from the start, but I do not think he not knew how to defeat DIO either. The power of DIO appeared almost until the end, and the fight against jotaro began few chapters later, I do not believe that Araki has assigned power to DIO and then does not know how to defeat him (that reminds more of GER and crimson king), in that case I would have given him another power that was not so OP. I think Araki wanted the final fight to be between two men with stands that could stop time and fly, Araki if he wanted to give that power to Jotaro. But it does not make meaning to seek an explanation to that, at least not contradicted the established logic of the stands so much, and at least Jotaro did not master the technique instantly, had difficulties to master it and at least one effort was noted in both during the fight.

        Loading editor
    • I agree that he didn't have Star Platinum for a long time (although around 50 days may or may not be arguably enough), he did fight constantly. It's kind of similar to Johnny, who managed to learn 3 completely stronger ways to use Tusk in about 116 days. So it isn't that farfetched, although you could argue that Star Finger and Star Suck would take those positions. Also, Steel Ball Run is a decade apart, so take that for what it's worth to you.

        Loading editor
    • We all know there both the same Stands, im just gonna say something anyways, while the Roadroller was active Jotaro may have though about his Stand being the same as The World, so he may have just though since there both the same and The World can Time stop then Star Platinum could time stop aswell, so then he went for it and it worked and he Stopped time but since that was his first time Stopping time it took a while for dio to actually freeze.

      weird i had to say time over and over again

        Loading editor
    • It could be development , his stand has a high developmental potential stat

        Loading editor
    • Star Platinum is only a secondary stand, the primary stand is Jotaro's hat that fused with his hair and can make stands "The same type" as his owm.

        Loading editor
    • I think his stand orginally has it

        Loading editor
    • Stands are personification of one soul. Each one of them is unique. Even if Jotaro inheritted something from Jonathan, It shoudnt be realy possible for them to have nearly exactly the same stand.

        Loading editor
    • It’s clear. Jotaros true ability is to copy any stands ability

        Loading editor
    • Vishkugeta
      Vishkugeta removed this reply because:
      22:28, May 8, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • My personal take on this issue lies with Part 6. Now this includes major spoilers and anyone who doesn't want to read ahead of the anime should stop here. (How do I put up spoiler collapseables here?) I will throw out tho that it does feel like somewhat of a (retroactive) plot-device.










      Throwing Jolyne into Prison was a ploy by Pucci to lure Jotaro into his reach to attain the Road to Heaven. This was written down by Dio in his diary. Jotaro found it, read it and then proceeded to burn it. We do catch a glimpse of it in Part 3 and there is a dead space of time where he could have conceivably went back. Why is this important? Because in Part 6 we learn that Dio included the aforementioned Road to Heaven in it to transcend (to reach Heaven). The most important part here is that it is a journey, a journey Jotaro and Dio both went on to some degree and gained an incomplete ability from it. I say incomplete because we do see what a completed ability grants in the case of Pucci: The ability to *accelerate* time. This should not have been possible, as Pucci's original Stand had a different ability. And it even switched once before while he was On The Road, giving him a total of 3 abilities (that were never active at the same time, mind you). If The World and Star Platinum are truly the same type of stand, it would stand to argue that they would potentially gain identical abilities from it. Dio does stress after all that his Stand is needed to succeed on the Road. I won't go into spoilers how Pucci could have gotten it, I already spoiled enough. Also yes, I am saying that The World was originally just a really powerful and fast punching ghost just like Star Platinum. 

        Loading editor
    • Gakamis wrote:
      Stands are personification of one soul. Each one of them is unique. Even if Jotaro inheritted something from Jonathan, It shoudnt be realy possible for them to have nearly exactly the same stand.

      There is a precident for this, with Tomb of the Boom being inherited by each family member. Though I suppose that does beg the question why we don't have Purple Hermit: The World.

        Loading editor
    • CosmicAquaShade wrote:
      Gakamis wrote:
      Stands are personification of one soul. Each one of them is unique. Even if Jotaro inheritted something from Jonathan, It shoudnt be realy possible for them to have nearly exactly the same stand.
      There is a precident for this, with Tomb of the Boom being inherited by each family member. Though I suppose that does beg the question why we don't have Purple Hermit: The World.

      Tl;dr: Hermit Purple is linked to Hamon, which Jotaro and Josuke don't have and so they can have punching ghosts rather than vines.



      I'm pretty sure we have close to outright confirmation that Hermit Purple is linked to Hamon. Araki once said that if the Pillarmen could have seen Stands, they would have seen something like vines around Joseph.  Holly was the child of a (strong) Hamon user and a mother regularly exposed to it. She inherited the aptitude, but never awakened it. When her Stand was then forcibly brought out, it took the form of vines because of that.  But we have never seen Jotaro even asking about Hamon. So he likely never knew about it in the first place. Plus Araki wanted to let it fall and express his creativity through Stands. You can only do so much with Hamon.

      I'd also argue that Tomb of the Boom being shared is because of the family's awakening at the same time. So it took a form to compliment their cooperation strategies rather than because of their shared blood. They'd still have similar Stands, but with more distinct abilities. 

      Another interesting point in this argument are Josuke and Crazy Diamond. Direct line to Joseph, but no vines in sight. Probably because of the absence of Hamon. At which point I am back to the beginning of my argument. 

        Loading editor
    • I meaRainmain90 wrote:
      Sketchlooksatwiki wrote:
      well, DIO did take Jonathan's body in part 1, and The World could be half of Jonathan's stand. So that could mean Jotaro had inherited this attack and learned it during his fight with DIO.
      I'm not sure if the jonathan theory works as his soul is no longer present in the body. Only Dio's

      I mean dio had Jonathan's hermit purple

        Loading editor
    • As I recall, the original plan was always that Star Platinum would be able to stop time, and The World would be able to do it as well because it was originally meant to have the abilities of all the Tarot card Stands. Araki realized this would make DIO unstoppable, so it was ultimately scaled back to just having the same ability as Star Platinum, probably because Araki had already planned most of the fight around stopping time.

        Loading editor
    • dio having the sun would be funny

        Loading editor
    • Rainmain90 wrote:
      Sketchlooksatwiki wrote:
      well, DIO did take Jonathan's body in part 1, and The World could be half of Jonathan's stand. So that could mean Jotaro had inherited this attack and learned it during his fight with DIO.
      I'm not sure if the jonathan theory works as his soul is no longer present in the body. Only Dio's

      I like to go with the theory that Stand's are the manifestation of Hamon that has infused itself with the Meteor's virus to nullify it when it is within a person with "hamon potential" (awakening in any family members who also have Hamon potential). That's why I personally think it is Jonathan's Stand since vampires like DIO are undead and do not possess Hamon potential.

        Loading editor
    • The Blue Cryptid wrote:

      Rainmain90 wrote:
      Sketchlooksatwiki wrote:
      well, DIO did take Jonathan's body in part 1, and The World could be half of Jonathan's stand. So that could mean Jotaro had inherited this attack and learned it during his fight with DIO.
      I'm not sure if the jonathan theory works as his soul is no longer present in the body. Only Dio's

      I like to go with the theory that Stand's are the manifestation of Hamon that has infused itself with the Meteor's virus to nullify it when it is within a person with "hamon potential" (awakening in any family members who also have Hamon potential). That's why I personally think it is Jonathan's Stand since vampires like DIO are undead and do not possess Hamon potential.


      Steel Ball Run kinda disproves this though, since an alternate universe version of DIO who isn't a vampire appears, and his Stand is still The World.

        Loading editor
    • Steel Ball Run has nothing to do with the main jojo verse though.

        Loading editor
    • KarsMarsBars wrote: Steel Ball Run has nothing to do with the main jojo verse though.

      Right, but we see people who are pure alternate universe versions of characters from the original universe still have the same Stands, like Kira still having Killer Queen.

        Loading editor
    • Araki has shown time and time again that he is an author that evolves his story as he goes. Let's not forget the initial show-case of D4C. Or various Stand abilities that were used once.

        Loading editor
    • Kingasdfg wrote:
      As I recall, the original plan was always that Star Platinum would be able to stop time, and The World would be able to do it as well because it was originally meant to have the abilities of all the Tarot card Stands. Araki realized this would make DIO unstoppable, so it was ultimately scaled back to just having the same ability as Star Platinum, probably because Araki had already planned most of the fight around stopping time.

      I agree with that last part, probally Araki had planned that DIO would use mainly Star Platinum's powers during the last fight, but when he noticed that it was too OP too have all 6 stands in one, he changed it to only have the powers of Star Platinum. Or it could be that since The World and Star Platinum where the first stands to be created, he had already planned for them to have similar powers, only that DIO would have the other crusaders' powers as well.

        Loading editor
    • I dont remember anywhere stating that Araki was gonna give The World all the abilities besides just "I think I remember"

        Loading editor
    • Babythedude wrote: I dont remember anywhere stating that Araki was gonna give The World all the abilities besides just "I think I remember"

      Tbh people have been saying it for so long that I've just taken it as fact, but I've never found a source confirming it.

        Loading editor
    • Then it is a fact

        Loading editor
    • KurimuzonKuin wrote:

      Kingasdfg wrote:
      As I recall, the original plan was always that Star Platinum would be able to stop time, and The World would be able to do it as well because it was originally meant to have the abilities of all the Tarot card Stands. Araki realized this would make DIO unstoppable, so it was ultimately scaled back to just having the same ability as Star Platinum, probably because Araki had already planned most of the fight around stopping time.

      I agree with that last part, probally Araki had planned that DIO would use mainly Star Platinum's powers during the last fight, but when he noticed that it was too OP too have all 6 stands in one, he changed it to only have the powers of Star Platinum. Or it could be that since The World and Star Platinum where the first stands to be created, he had already planned for them to have similar powers, only that DIO would have the other crusaders' powers as well.

      I can see like The World using Emperor being like using his hand as a working finger gun or whatever, but how or what way would DIO use the Tarot card stands powers? He would be terrifying with the Justice's power for sure, not just to make zombies again but just to surround an area in fog to protect him sunlight

        Loading editor
    • Because he's DIO

        Loading editor
    • Is there a TL:DR for this?

      Also didn't Star Platinum learn it from The World mid fight? Maybe it was just like "Welp, if he can do it, why can't I try" and he just, did.

        Loading editor
    • I just thought I could say that, in eyes of heaven, Jotaro was able to learn the reality rewrite at the final moments of the fight. It appears that Star Platinum's development potiential is just from learning what he sees, instead of it being an arrow

        Loading editor
    • So it's the same type of Stand as The World?

        Loading editor
    • Not really... I think I believe more so that it is a type of learning stand, that had learnt the ability of Za Warudo, hints why he was able to stop time during the battle. Of course, he does mention training the ability, but I think that was more of a "if there was a second battle, we could flee and I could train my ability, if only this didn't happen on the day Holly is supposed to die."

        Loading editor
    • It’s not bs because at the start of stardust crusaders, Jotaro’s development potential was a A which means Jojo hasn’t fully mastered the power of star platinum and Araki was originally gonna give Dio all the tarot card stands but that would’ve been too powerful so instead he gave Dio the world which was THE SAME STAND as star platinum which means jojo and Dio would be able to learn the same things as each other until their development potential is maxed out then their development potential would go to a c or a d

        Loading editor
    • NameChange wrote:
      I just thought I could say that, in eyes of heaven, Jotaro was able to learn the reality rewrite at the final moments of the fight. It appears that Star Platinum's development potiential is just from learning what he sees, instead of it being an arrow

      I think that jotaro just never learned how to stop time before the dio fight. Dio had enya tell him he could stop and encouraged him to train that power, but when jotaro learned that dio could stop time, he just tried doing the same and it worked. 

        Loading editor
    • So it's the same type of stand as Crazy Diamond

        Loading editor
    • What do you mean? Star Platinum is the stronger punching ghost that learnt to stop time while Crazy Diamond is a healing punching ghost

        Loading editor
    • So it's the same type of stand as Stone Free

        Loading editor
    • I suppose, without the part about the strings

        Loading editor
    • No, its the same type of stand as Kira Kuin: Daisan no Bakudan

        Loading editor
    • NameChange wrote:
      What do you mean? Star Platinum is the stronger punching ghost that learnt to stop time while Crazy Diamond is a healing punching ghost

      It Activated!

        Loading editor
    • Welp, guess I'll die

        Loading editor
    • 1. Star Platinum and The World are the same Stand. Jotaro didn't know Star Platinum's time stop ability until after he was crushed by THE F**KING STEAM ROLLER (or, if you've seen the OVA, THE F**KING OIL TANKER). Although the game is non-canon, this was the same in Eyes of Heaven with the Over Heaven ability.

      2. SCIENCE!

        Loading editor
      • correct, a roada rolla da
        Loading editor
    • crazy diamond and stone free aren't the same stand as star platinum and Za Warudo, sure they are punch ghost's but they both have differing abilities from sp and tw, (fixing other things, strings) where as sp and tw are literally the exact same stand other then the character model. sp is also proven to be far too strong for jolyne

      https://jojo.fandom.com/wiki/SO_Chapter_33

        Loading editor
    • KurimuzonKuin wrote:

      NameChange wrote:
      I just thought I could say that, in eyes of heaven, Jotaro was able to learn the reality rewrite at the final moments of the fight. It appears that Star Platinum's development potiential is just from learning what he sees, instead of it being an arrow

      I think that jotaro just never learned how to stop time before the dio fight. Dio had enya tell him he could stop and encouraged him to train that power, but when jotaro learned that dio could stop time, he just tried doing the same and it worked. 

      You’re wrong, the only reason at the end of eyes of heaven that star platinum learned reality overwrite is because Araki said that he would make the world the same stand as star platinum and the only reason the world learned time stop and reality overwrite is because of Dio.

        Loading editor
    • Jpoim13 wrote:
      crazy diamond and stone free aren't the same stand as star platinum and Za Warudo, sure they are punch ghost's but they both have differing abilities from sp and tw, (fixing other things, strings) where as sp and tw are literally the exact same stand other then the character model. sp is also proven to be far too strong for jolyne

      https://jojo.fandom.com/wiki/SO_Chapter_33

      I'm pretty sure that person was just memeing

        Loading editor
    • Why does DIO saying The World in Japanese have him sound like he's saying "Sean Waldo" instead of "Za Warudo?" XD

        Loading editor
    • KurimuzonKuin wrote:
      Jpoim13 wrote:
      crazy diamond and stone free aren't the same stand as star platinum and Za Warudo, sure they are punch ghost's but they both have differing abilities from sp and tw, (fixing other things, strings) where as sp and tw are literally the exact same stand other then the character model. sp is also proven to be far too strong for jolyne

      https://jojo.fandom.com/wiki/SO_Chapter_33

      I'm pretty sure that person was just memeing

      I was

        Loading editor
    • plot aurmor 

        Loading editor
    • HELLO089087 wrote:
      plot aurmor 

      give a better explanation than "plot armor"

        Loading editor
    • HELLONO wrote:
      HELLO089087 wrote:
      plot aurmor 
      give a better explanation than "plot armor"

      Main JOJO plot armor

        Loading editor
    • Jotaro is the main character of this part and had a significant role in just about everything that happend in this part meaning that he gained plot armor. also because the series has to continue.

        Loading editor
    • HELLO089087 wrote:
      Jotaro is the main character of this part and had a significant role in just about everything that happend in this part meaning that he gained plot armor. also because the series has to continue.

      Unless you wanna kill him mid part and make Joseph be the main JOJO

        Loading editor
    • John Jonah Jameson is best JoJo

        Loading editor
    • correct

        Loading editor
    • yep

        Loading editor
    • His stand is just plot armor

        Loading editor
    • k

        Loading editor
    • is star platinum jonathan? 

        Loading editor
    • Star Plotinum

        Loading editor
    • I like to think Star Platinum is Johnathan

        Loading editor
    • Then you like to be absolutely retarded

        Loading editor
    • HELLO089087 wrote:
      Jotaro is the main character of this part and had a significant role in just about everything that happend in this part meaning that he gained plot armor. also because the series has to continue.
      also because the series has to continue.

      Jonathan

        Loading editor
    • @DiavoloBoss009 Finally, a man of culture (i.e., someone who doesn't think Star Platinum = Jonathan).

        Loading editor
    • Thank you my good sir

        Loading editor
    • HELLO089087 wrote:
      Jotaro is the main character of this part and had a significant role in just about everything that happend in this part meaning that he gained plot armor. also because the series has to continue.

      There is a good reason to this

      so DIO has Jonathan's body right? And DIO can use both his and Jonathan's stands and since Star Platinum exists because of DIO, DIO having the same body as Jonathan grants Jotaro Time Stop he never knew he had TS but once DIO stopped time he also could not saying Jonathan's stand is TW

        Loading editor
    • No. Explain to me how the alternate version of DIO has the world as well? He doesn't have Jonathan's body, does he? NO. The World is DIO's stand and DIO's only

        Loading editor
    • DiavoloBoss009 wrote:
      Then you like to be absolutely retarded

      I mean... I kinda am. I'm willing to accept this

        Loading editor
    • Also what I meant to say that I like to think it is, I prefer to think it could just be another manifestion of Jonathan, even though I know it's not.

        Loading editor
    • I wonder why people use an alternate version of alternate version of dio in their arguement that The World is only ever DIO's stand

        Loading editor
    • DiavoloBoss009 wrote:
      I wonder why people use an alternate version of alternate version of dio in their arguement that The World is only ever DIO's stand

      Uh... Diego Brando from Another Universe exists. (He has The World as well.)

        Loading editor
    • Diego Brando from another worldo

        Loading editor
    • I'm using it, because he's Dio from another universe. Both Dio's have the world as their stands, for fucks sake

        Loading editor
    • People who think Jonathan is The World are the Flat Earthers of the JoJo fan base 

        Loading editor
    • Shrugs in just thought the idea was neat

        Loading editor
    • KarsMarsBars wrote:
      People who think Jonathan is The World are the Flat Earthers of the JoJo fan base 

      I got one even better:

      Saying Jonathan is Star Platinum is like saying the Earth is a donut.

        Loading editor
    • The World is Johnathan's stand

        Loading editor
    • In the new continuity of the SBR universe Stands seem to function differently. We see alternative versions of characters, who previously didn't have Stands, now having them (like Gyro). We see people in the new universe that have different Stands than they did in the old universe (like Josuke).

      What we never see, though, is someone in the new universe having a Stand that belonged to someone else in the old universe. No one ever has a Stand that was previously someone else's in the OG universe. Additionally, we see people that sometimes have the same Stand as they did in the old universe (like Kira).

      I think, therefore, it's safe to use SBR as definitive proof that The World is in fact Dio's Stand, and not Jonathan's, since between both universes only DIO is ever shown to use The World.

        Loading editor
    • Kingasdfg wrote:
      In the new continuity of the SBR universe Stands seem to function differently. We see alternative versions of characters, who previously didn't have Stands, now having them (like Gyro). We see people in the new universe that have different Stands than they did in the old universe (like Josuke).

      What we never see, though, is someone in the new universe having a Stand that belonged to someone else in the old universe. No one ever has a Stand that was previously someone else's in the OG universe. Additionally, we see people that sometimes have the same Stand as they did in the old universe (like Kira).

      I think, therefore, it's safe to use SBR as definitive proof that The World is in fact Dio's Stand, and not Jonathan's, since between both universes only DIO is ever shown to use The World.

      This is correct

        Loading editor
    • Bump.

        Loading editor
    • DiavoloBoss009 wrote:
      The World is Johnathan's stand

      FLAT EARTHER DETECTED ON AMERICAN SOIL

        Loading editor
    • They just have the same stands

        Loading editor
    • simple: Star Platinum Was Able to Walk on time stop maybe he learned it while he was doing it plus they are the same stands 

      now shut the fuck up and stop talking about some bullshit

        Loading editor
    • I saw some theory that said something like the world actually copies stand abilities and he copied SP bro idk

        Loading editor
    • Yare Yare Daze...

        Loading editor
    • DoomopolisTheWorld wrote: I saw some theory that said something like the world actually copies stand abilities and he copied SP bro idk

      Doesn't hold up since Diego uses The World in Part 7 and it still stops time, no Star Platinum required.

        Loading editor
    • Gakamis wrote:
      Stands are personification of one soul. Each one of them is unique. Even if Jotaro inheritted something from Jonathan, It shoudnt be realy possible for them to have nearly exactly the same stand.

      But that's only part of their abilities. Both stands are basically different: Star Platinum by its stats is more precise than The World, yet The World has a range 5 times greater than Star Platinum.

        Loading editor
    • DirePresent wrote:
      Gakamis wrote:
      Stands are personification of one soul. Each one of them is unique. Even if Jotaro inheritted something from Jonathan, It shoudnt be realy possible for them to have nearly exactly the same stand.
      But that's only part of their abilities. Both stands are basically different: Star Platinum by its stats is more precise than The World, yet The World has a range 5 times greater than Star Platinum.

      So what you're saying is The World sacrifices Precision for Range, and therefore it has a better Time Stop than Star Platinum's?

        Loading editor
    • Not exactly, AU Diego's THE WORLD is seemengly an equivalent of DIO's yet he can only stop time for 5 seconds cause he's a human. DIO's able to stop time for longer time due to his vampirism adaptability.

      Or if you refer to it's utility... well, probably. Moving for a longer distance may be more practical, however if you need to aim at a specific target (like when Jotaro threw that javelin towards Pucci) Star Platinum's better.

        Loading editor
    • Also lets remember Stand stats are largely bullshit. The only time we actually see Star Platinum and The World compete in precision, The World seems to be slightly superior.

      I don't mean that as proof that The World is definitively more precise than Star Platinum, but rather as evidence towards Stand stats being unreliable.

        Loading editor
    • I think Jotaro already had time stop he just didn’t realize it until he fights with DIO.

        Loading editor
    • NameChange wrote:
      HELLONO wrote:
      HELLO089087 wrote:
      plot aurmor 
      give a better explanation than "plot armor"
      Main JOJO plot armor

      what better explanation is there than plot armor

        Loading editor
    • ok so basically, in the simplest terms i can think to say, Star Platinum and The World are both close ranged punchy Stands, as you know but, that's not the only way they are similar, they are litterally the same Stand, when DIO stabbed himself with the Stand Arrow, Jonathan Joestar's body reacted, and caused all the Joestars to gain Stands, Holly gained her Stand, but was too mentally weak to handle it, same with young Josuke, Joseph Joestar and Jotaro Kujo, however, are mentally strong willed, and gained Stands, DIO himself got two stands, thanks to his body containing the soul of both DIO and Jonathan Joestar, he got his own Stand, The World, and Jonathans Stand (as seen in Chapter 122: "Head To Egypt", where DIO uses Jonathans Stand to watch the Joestar Egypt Tour Group. thanks to how this works, Joseph obtained his own version of Jonathans Stand without the use of an Arrow, which Abdul dubbed "Hermit Purple", which has all the same abilities of Jonathans Stand. Jotaro obtained his own version of The World, which Abdul dubbed "Star Platinum", which has all the same abilities of The World. same stats, same timestop, same star finger, which i'm sure DIO would of used if it wasn't quite useless unless you're constrained like in Chapter 129: "Dark Blue Moon (3)".  do you understand? (also, if Holly and Josuke weren't too mentally weak to use Stands, DIO would most likely also have his own versions of Crazy Diamond and Hollys Stand)

        Loading editor
    • Ellie Bites the Dust wrote: ok so basically, in the simplest terms i can think to say, Star Platinum and The World are both close ranged punchy Stands, as you know but, that's not the only way they are similar, they are litterally the same Stand, when DIO stabbed himself with the Stand Arrow, Jonathan Joestar's body reacted, and caused all the Joestars to gain Stands, Holly gained her Stand, but was too mentally weak to handle it, same with young Josuke, Joseph Joestar and Jotaro Kujo, however, are mentally strong willed, and gained Stands, DIO himself got two stands, thanks to his body containing the soul of both DIO and Jonathan Joestar, he got his own Stand, The World, and Jonathans Stand (as seen in Chapter 122: "Head To Egypt", where DIO uses Jonathans Stand to watch the Joestar Egypt Tour Group. thanks to how this works, Joseph obtained his own version of Jonathans Stand without the use of an Arrow, which Abdul dubbed "Hermit Purple", which has all the same abilities of Jonathans Stand. Jotaro obtained his own version of The World, which Abdul dubbed "Star Platinum", which has all the same abilities of The World. same stats, same timestop, same star finger, which i'm sure DIO would of used if it wasn't quite useless unless you're constrained like in Chapter 129: "Dark Blue Moon (3)".  do you understand? (also, if Holly and Josuke weren't too mentally weak to use Stands, DIO would most likely also have his own versions of Crazy Diamond and Hollys Stand)

      Joseph doesn't have Hermit Purple because of DIO. Hermit Purple is Hamon manifested as a Stand. Araki's comments basically confirm this. DIO can use it because Jonathan's mastery of Hamon left behind in his body. It's also why DIO stops using it after a while; the better DIO fuses with Jonathan's body, the weaker his Hermit Purple gets.

      Weirdly, Star Platinum and The World don't actually have the same stats, but Stand stats are mostly bullshit anyway. The idea that The World would have the abilities of all the Joestar Stands has never been confirmed and has no traceable source.

        Loading editor
    • i never said that The World would have all the abilities of all the Joestar Stands, i said that DIO would get his own versions of each of the Joestar Stands, which, from our current evidence, i believe to be true

        Loading editor
    • Ellie Bites the Dust wrote: i never said that The World would have all the abilities of all the Joestar Stands, i said that DIO would get his own versions of each of the Joestar Stands, which, from our current evidence, i believe to be true

      I would call that an assumption that goes against most evidence. Araki's given his answer that Star Platinum and The World were always meant to both have the time stop, and there wasn't anything more to it.

        Loading editor
    • that is indeed an assumption, but i would call it a fair assumption based on the current evidence

        Loading editor
      • deep inhale*

      these fine people seem to be under the impression that star platinum (or suta purachina) is the actual stand, but i disagree

      jotaro's hat is the actual stand

      first of all when jotaro stopped time, what was he wearing? his hat

      when he got star finger out of the blue, he was wearing his hat

      when jotaro won any fight, he was wearing his hat

      remember when he would've lost to avdol? he hadn't fully learned how to use his stand

        Loading editor
    • DewdOfStuff wrote:
      *deep inhale*

      these fine people seem to be under the impression that star platinum (or suta purachina) is the actual stand, but i disagree

      jotaro's hat is the actual stand

      first of all when jotaro stopped time, what was he wearing? his hat

      when he got star finger out of the blue, he was wearing his hat

      when jotaro won any fight, he was wearing his hat

      remember when he would've lost to avdol? he hadn't fully learned how to use his stand

      solid evidence, can't argue there

        Loading editor
    • Ellie Bites the Dust wrote:
      DewdOfStuff wrote:
      *deep inhale*

      these fine people seem to be under the impression that star platinum (or suta purachina) is the actual stand, but i disagree

      jotaro's hat is the actual stand

      first of all when jotaro stopped time, what was he wearing? his hat

      when he got star finger out of the blue, he was wearing his hat

      when jotaro won any fight, he was wearing his hat

      remember when he would've lost to avdol? he hadn't fully learned how to use his stand

      solid evidence, can't argue there

      aah yes, a fellow big brain

        Loading editor
    • JohnCenaNation wrote:
      This is so fucking bullshit!!! Dio should have stomped!

      Think about it. Holly got her vine like stand from the joestar curse. DIO got a humanoid stand, and so did Jotaro. If there the only 2 stands to be humanoid along with similar stats, and gotten for the same reason, woudn't it make since there the same type of stand?

        Loading editor
    • DewdOfStuff wrote:
      Ellie Bites the Dust wrote:
      DewdOfStuff wrote:
      *deep inhale*

      these fine people seem to be under the impression that star platinum (or suta purachina) is the actual stand, but i disagree

      jotaro's hat is the actual stand

      first of all when jotaro stopped time, what was he wearing? his hat

      when he got star finger out of the blue, he was wearing his hat

      when jotaro won any fight, he was wearing his hat

      remember when he would've lost to avdol? he hadn't fully learned how to use his stand

      solid evidence, can't argue there
      aah yes, a fellow big brain

      also, why did jotaro not steal abilities after part 3? he replaced his hat

        Loading editor
    • Ah so it was the hat's doing.

        Loading editor
    • 'twas

        Loading editor
    • Imagine if he could just steal pucci's abilities

        Loading editor
    • SUTA PURACHINA: MEIDO IN HEBUN

        Loading editor
    • It's just star platinum riding a horse

        Loading editor
    • no it's a horse riding star platinum

        Loading editor
    • riding star a horse platinum

        Loading editor
    • Oh god

        Loading editor
    • JohnCenaNation wrote:
      This is so fucking bullshit!!! Dio should have stomped!

      Your grammar is also "so fucking bullshit!!!"

        Loading editor
    • But in all seriousness...

      I was fine with Jotaro learning how to stop time, but in the end he didn't even use the time stop to beat DIO, which annoyed me.

      DIO, the man who got sucked dry by a vampire, killed and thrown out a window, cut in half, beheaded, trapped at the bottom of the sea for a century in an exploding boat, punched through the stomach, and had his leg removed during his fight with Jotaro, was killed because his soul got punched so hard in the shin that he exploded?

        Loading editor
    • Cunning the Nightwing wrote: But in all seriousness...

      I was fine with Jotaro learning how to stop time, but in the end he didn't even use the time stop to beat DIO, which annoyed me.

      DIO, the man who got sucked dry by a vampire, killed and thrown out a window, cut in half, beheaded, trapped at the bottom of the sea for a century in an exploding boat, punched through the stomach, and had his leg removed during his fight with Jotaro, was killed because his soul got punched so hard in the shin that he exploded?

      I think Jotaro’s time stop was on cooldown at the time because he used time stop to hit Dio in the legs not too long before that

      Also Dio was weaker in the events of stardust crusaders due to him having to get used to Jonathan’s body for 100 years, and it still wasn’t enough since Jonathan was a powerful Hamon user and that doesn’t mix well with vampires.

      However I do believe that Dio would’ve won if he hadn’t been cocky and used his stronger leg.

        Loading editor
    • People also complain about how DIO didn't use his vampire abilities during the fight, but stands are only susceptible to damage from other stands. Space Ripper Stingy Eyes wouldn't do anything to Star Platinum, and stands have no moisture in them so his freeze attack would be useless.

        Loading editor
    • Cunning the Nightwing wrote: People also complain about how DIO didn't use his vampire abilities during the fight, but stands are only susceptible to damage from other stands. Space Ripper Stingy Eyes wouldn't do anything to Star Platinum, and stands have no moisture in them so his freeze attack would be useless.

      I know right?

      Plus he was too confident in his stand to use his vampire abilities as well

        Loading editor
    • Joseph: I can't believe you yelled so hard he exploded

      Jotaro: Natural Talent

        Loading editor
    • JoJo's biggest asspull was the thing with D'Arby fainting out of fear.

        Loading editor
    • wrong thread

        Loading editor
    • Well this thread is on the subject of asspulls.

        Loading editor
    • there's an entire other thread for that

        Loading editor
    • HollowHiveWing wrote:

      Cunning the Nightwing wrote: People also complain about how DIO didn't use his vampire abilities during the fight, but stands are only susceptible to damage from other stands. Space Ripper Stingy Eyes wouldn't do anything to Star Platinum, and stands have no moisture in them so his freeze attack would be useless.

      I know right?

      Plus he was too confident in his stand to use his vampire abilities as well

      the space ripper stingy eyes would phase through star platinum and hit jotaro and there would be nothing he could do about it

        Loading editor
    • Jotaro's plot armor could stop that.

      Also I think it would just hit star platinum and do nothing else?

        Loading editor
    • DewdOfStuff wrote:

      HollowHiveWing wrote:

      Cunning the Nightwing wrote: People also complain about how DIO didn't use his vampire abilities during the fight, but stands are only susceptible to damage from other stands. Space Ripper Stingy Eyes wouldn't do anything to Star Platinum, and stands have no moisture in them so his freeze attack would be useless.

      I know right?

      Plus he was too confident in his stand to use his vampire abilities as well

      the space ripper stingy eyes would phase through star platinum and hit jotaro and there would be nothing he could do about it

      How though

        Loading editor
    • Unfunnyvanlentine wrote:

      DewdOfStuff wrote:

      HollowHiveWing wrote:

      Cunning the Nightwing wrote: People also complain about how DIO didn't use his vampire abilities during the fight, but stands are only susceptible to damage from other stands. Space Ripper Stingy Eyes wouldn't do anything to Star Platinum, and stands have no moisture in them so his freeze attack would be useless.

      I know right?

      Plus he was too confident in his stand to use his vampire abilities as well

      the space ripper stingy eyes would phase through star platinum and hit jotaro and there would be nothing he could do about it
      How though

      only a stand can attack another stand so the SRSE would just phase through star platinum

        Loading editor
    • By that logic, the bullet that Jotaro shot at himself should of got him killed.

        Loading editor
    • then how come star platinum can phase through stuff

        Loading editor
    • also i hate to be  a grammar nazi but *should've

        Loading editor
    • Stands are practically ghost, the real world can’t interact with stands but stand can interact with the world if they feel like it

        Loading editor
    • He clearly has the choice to phase through things or to interact. Like how he stole that jewlery or when he punched away Dio's knives. Also correcting me just makes me want to be even more grammatically incorrect. 

        Loading editor
    • Also didn't Cioccolota use a surgical knife on Sex Pistols in part 5?

        Loading editor
    • TastyCaik wrote:
      He clearly has the choice to phase through things or to interact. Like how he stole that jewlery or when he punched away Dio's knives. Also correcting me just makes me want to be even more grammatically incorrect. 

      well if star platinum decides not to phase he's gonna take some damage

        Loading editor
    • JokerJay779 wrote:
      Also didn't Cioccolota use a surgical knife on Sex Pistols in part 5?

      he cut himself with the scalpel, he attacked sex pistols with green day

        Loading editor
    • Stands are clearly not incorpereal as you cannot deactivate you stand when it's on the other side of a wall or trapped in a jar.

      Star Platinum is the only stand ever shown phasing, and it was only through thin glass or a human being. It's possible that Star Platinum's precision allows it to move it's hands through objects.

      Space ripper stingy eyes would just hit his chest and he wouldn't even feel it.

        Loading editor
    • first of all, whitesnake is clearly shown phasing, and diver down's entire ability is basically phasing but cooler

      second, SRSE could slice off part of a building, i think star platinum would feel something

        Loading editor
    • The rule states that only stands can harm other stands. And it seems that only some stands can phase, and only if they wish to. DIO was also too cocky to use his vampire abilities, his pride only allowing him to use the world to the point where he used his vulnerable leg for his final attack.

        Loading editor
    • Cunning the Nightwing wrote:
      The rule states that only stands can harm other stands. And it seems that only some stands can phase, and only if they wish to. DIO was also too cocky to use his vampire abilities, his pride only allowing him to use the world to the point where he used his vulnerable leg for his final attack.

      "only stands can harm other stands" non-stand attacks are shown phasing through standoes

        Loading editor
    • What about Gold Experience turning Polpo's gun into a banana? How would he have gotten that into the cell if the only time he physically entered it was when he first met him?

        Loading editor
    • KarsMarsBars wrote:
      What about Gold Experience turning Polpo's gun into a banana? How would he have gotten that into the cell if the only time he physically entered it was when he first met him?

      we literally see the moment he does it 

        Loading editor
    • DewdOfStuff wrote:
      Cunning the Nightwing wrote:
      The rule states that only stands can harm other stands. And it seems that only some stands can phase, and only if they wish to. DIO was also too cocky to use his vampire abilities, his pride only allowing him to use the world to the point where he used his vulnerable leg for his final attack.
      "only stands can harm other stands" non-stand attacks are shown phasing through standoes

      Stands can only phase through things when they want to, or else Angelo would've gotten Aqua Necklace out of the jar and Koichi would've had an easier time getting Act 2 back while fighting Sheer Heart Attack.

        Loading editor
    • none of those things were trying to harm either stand

        Loading editor
    • My point is, only some stands can phase, and only when they want to. And it likely renders them unable to fight while a wall separates the user and the stand.

        Loading editor
    • when Jotaro knows hes in danger Star Platinum will react and DIO smashing the road roller forcing Star Platinum to stop time and get out before he dies its like the stronger your enemies became the stronger your stand will be too and Jotaro believed to Star Platinum can time stop just like DIO

        Loading editor
    • KurimuzonKuin wrote:
      KarsMarsBars wrote:
      What about Gold Experience turning Polpo's gun into a banana? How would he have gotten that into the cell if the only time he physically entered it was when he first met him?
      we literally see the moment he does it 

      Can you send the panel? I haven't read part 5 in ages

        Loading editor
    • KarsMarsBars wrote:
      KurimuzonKuin wrote:
      KarsMarsBars wrote:
      What about Gold Experience turning Polpo's gun into a banana? How would he have gotten that into the cell if the only time he physically entered it was when he first met him?
      we literally see the moment he does it 
      Can you send the panel? I haven't read part 5 in ages

      I believe they mean the scene where, if you watched the anime, Gold Experience reached towards the gun. The range of GE is in the range of the guns, and even if it isn't, usually that range is where they are most effective in combat. It could've happened in instants despite what the anime shows. That is a flaw somewhat only present in the anime with the confusing jump shot.

      But if there is a different panel referring to this scene and showing the process, I apologize for my mistake. 

        Loading editor
    • lol he learned timestop because of his true stando noryoku: stealing stand abilites

        Loading editor
    • Zodazzle wrote:
      I agree that he didn't have Star Platinum for a long time (although around 50 days may or may not be arguably enough), he did fight constantly. It's kind of similar to Johnny, who managed to learn 3 completely stronger ways to use Tusk in about 116 days. So it isn't that farfetched, although you could argue that Star Finger and Star Suck would take those positions. Also, Steel Ball Run is a decade apart, so take that for what it's worth to you.

      "star suck" is just star platinum inhaling really strong, it's not a special ability

        Loading editor
    • "Star suck" "Star Finger"


      Star Platinum is a sex stand.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.