|“||You could be one inch away, pointing at me with ten guns... The ten bullets wouldn't even touch my Stand!||”|
—Gray Fly about Tower of Gray's speed, Chapter 123
Tower of Gray appears as a large, dark stag beetleW about the size of one's hand with intricate patterns on its shell. A hidden, toothed, secondary jaw can spring out from its mouth. Despite having the general form of a beetle, it also possesses teeth in its mouth.
Tower of Gray is generally portrayed as being a red-eyed bug with a jet black shell, and blue patterns.
Tower of Gray's modus operandi is to use its second mouth and speed to tear out the tongue of an opponent, but it demonstrates no personality of its own apart from its user's.
Tower of Gray specializes in making attacks look like accidents. Muhammad Avdol comments that it is responsible for many cases of arson, plane and train crashes, and most recently an accident in England that caused about 300 casualties.
Tower of Gray is a small and fragile Stand. However, it is also incredibly fast and nimble, and its secondary jaw grants it unsuspected destructive power.
- Secondary Jaw: Its defining feature is its long, extendable stinger, which protrudes from its mouth called the "Tower Needle" (
塔針Tawā Nīdoru). It has enough force to tear flesh apart or pierce its way right through. Combined with its great speed, Tower of Gray is capable of killing multiple people in a very short amount of time and even go through the head of a person with ease.
- High Speed: Perhaps one of its greatest traits is its amazing speed; Tower of Gray is able to easily outmaneuver very fast Stands, such as Star Platinum and even Hierophant Green's Emerald Splash at close range. Its speed is so incredible that, according to Gray Fly, Tower of Gray could have several guns shooting at it at the same time in point-blank range and it would still escape unscathed. Tower of Gray has great flight control, as it's able to write words in cursive while flying and can navigate its way through Hierophant Green's Emerald Splash multiple times unharmed. However, it cannot dodge something it doesn't see coming and is vulnerable to sneak attacks.
Chapters / Episodes
Chapters in order of appearance
Episodes in order of appearance
- Araki was inspired to create Tower of Gray after imagining how annoying it'd be if an insect was trapped inside of an airplane mid-flight.
- Tower of Gray's tongue resembles the mouth-like tongue of a XenomorphW from the Alien franchiseW.
- The plane crash in England Tower of Gray is said to have caused may be a reference to the Pan Am Flight 103 disaster, in which a plane flying over Britain was bombed and crashed into the ground, killing 270 people. The attack happened in 1988, the year the events of Stardust Crusaders take place.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Chapter 122, Head to Egypt
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Chapter 123, Tower of Gray
- ↑ JOJOVELLER: STANDS - Comments by Hirohiko Araki
- ↑ Wikipedia: Pan Am Flight 103Pan Am Flight 103